Family first

Well this is a good news/bad news story.

The good news is that the babies are almost ready to go home. They are healthy and doing well. Thanks for all your prayers and support.

The bad news is that the sum total of my attention and energy is going to be required to help the new parents for at least the next several weeks. So therefore I will have to put this blog on hiatus. Even with the filter there is just too much of a chance that someone could make a comment that could be taken the wrong way (see Sandy’s post), and I just won’t have the time to assess each comment for litigious nuances.

So thanks once again for your understanding and patience. Comments may stay open for a short time but will definitely close within a day or two.

God Bless!!

March 21 Update

Will continue to be on hiatus for a while. The boys are thriving but it’s still all hands on deck in the help department!

I manage to get the odd tweet out though. Not as time-consuming as maintaining a blog.

Thanks for your patience.

This entry was posted in Blogging, Freedom of Speech. Bookmark the permalink.

117 Responses to Family first

this is a great picture of the Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Canadian Women’s curling team
    I take only your good news if you are concerned during this heated political battles it is probably better to close your comment section
    we will miss you but we would miss you more if a comment caused you harm
    give the baby boys a hug for me
    still sending prayers for your family God Bless

Thanks Fh. Well the form will disappear within 24 hours or so. Just want to give folks here a chance to connect.

Don’t worry about us connecting Joanne,enjoy connecting with those new babies, it will be a busy and enjoyable experience for your family.

I took your comment yesterday to mean that the caution to close comments stems not from the political (heated or otherwise) discussion among those you trust here but by those who you don’t know who could creep in.

For a blog owner it’s just a smart move if you can’t monitor as you would like to.

I know we respect each others opinions on Jo’s Blog we are in the same boat supporting PM Harper
          we like to keep the MM honest a difficult task most days
          it is attacks that occur from unknowns that have in the recent past caused two of my favourite blogs to shut down

latest 24 seven week of Jan 23 – 29

excellent points made by Alberta Ardvaark on JT’s booting of Liberal senators from the Liberal caucus

Thank-you for your post and the time you’ve been able to spare while juggling your new and exciting family affairs.

I don’t think you need to worry. You’ll be missed for a while but the good news for contributors is that there are other bloggers to fill the void.

I am very afraid for my province in the coming months and at the same time find federal politics more comforting for Conservatives. The PM is still on track, doing his thing and doing it well.

All the best in getting to know your two newest family members.

there is no blog anywhere that is like Jo’s
      Jo’s blog is the best

no pressure at all Joanne :-)
        there are a half dozen or so others like Sandy, Russ, Paul, BC Blue, AA where some here have posted in the past and those bloggers do a good job as well. I’m sure Joanne would agree.

• Anne in swON says:

I have to toss in my two cents worth ( no change from a nickle, I’m afraid) about the format of Joanne’s blog. I definitely find it easy on my aging eyes – I don’t have to squint in order to read it and the double spacing is important to me. I love the ease in posting; the idea of having to go through Google, etc. and having to copy groups of letters and numbers frustrates the dickens out of me.

I’ll miss you like the rest of the Blue Brigade, Jo, but look forward to your return whenever you are able. Enjoy your family and pass on my warmest wishes to all and a hug to the two little bundles of joy. Best regards!

Liz J:
    “On this crazy Senate stunt he cannot answer any questions as to how this nutty ploy will work because his advisers haven’t worked that out.”

This ploy provides Canadians with a sobering look at how this cabal of amateurs approach tough, managerial decisions. Faced with a candidate perceived as weak and a dilettante, what better then to have him fire 32 long standing party members without notice. The action is important, to roll the dice and show toughness, the naggling details, constitutional ramifications and practical operations, can be left for others to sort out. As can the explanation of details, Jr seems to have become cameras shy all of a sudden. The perception here is what counts, I fear that the desire to emulate his father is paramount in the deep thinking here.

Woe to Canada were this group of people to be in charge in a financial, terrorist, or constitutional crisis. I had assumed some long standing Liberal back room people like the displaced Senators were controlling Jr; if this group is pulling the strings, it is even a worse scenario.
    If the Senate is to be bipassed, some sober second thought is necessary in the group advising the leader, I don’t see any evidence of that in this maneuver.

• Anne in swON says:

JT needs to explain why he went from believing, as he told a Quebec newspaper, that keeping the troubled senate was a good idea because it would benefit Quebec to summarily dismissing all Liberal senators in the space of a few months. Justin, you have some serious ‘splaining to do.

Congratulations to the Blue Brigade for calling this exactly as it is panning out.

Go Joanne and enjoy a very precious fleeting time in your family’s journey.
    From experience we know well that two are not twice the work and attention.
    We have twins in every generation of our family.
    They are special, my twin brothers live in different provinces the nearest 600 miles from my Mom.
    If one phoned her the other one would also, always the same day.
    Watching my two grand -twins they communicated long before they could speak.
    Enjoy Jo and the fray will still be here whenever you return.
    My grand-twins just turned 17 fraternal’s a boy and a girl, growing up where did the time go?
    We will keep “bustin’ Justin”
    Mind you we will have to stand in line to do it LOL
    Former Liberals have proven to be very “fairy dust resistant”
    Hell hath no fury like a Liberal scorned
    Here is a poem you might like Jo
    One of my favorites.

Song for a Fifth Child
    by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton
    Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth,
    Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
    Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
    Sew on a button and make up a bed.
    Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
    She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
    Oh, I’ve grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
    (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
    Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
    (Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
    The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
    And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
    But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
    Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue?
    (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
    So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.
    God Bless Jo, to you all.

Bubba ” I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep” so true but babies grow and next thing you know there are two babies
      God Bless you Bubba

Thanks for the poetic offering Bubba, growing up in a family of six children I’m sure my Mom could relate to that poem. It’s wonderful.

• fay says:

That poem brings tears to my eyes Bubba. Beautiful.
        Your family needs you Joanne. Busy times ahead. Enjoy!

Beautiful Bubba! Thank you. I will keep those words of wisdom close to my heart.

8. Mclind says:

All the very best with the new twins. Babies are very special and grow far too quickly.
    Enjoy but sleep when you can!!!!

I notice Kate has a post up “Free Barbara Hall” …….

10. You’ll be missed, but I’m comforted that your absence is for a good/noble cause: supporting your family. Too bad that monitoring comments has become virtually mandatory. Your blog is notable for the community/forum of ideas you’ve created so there will not likely be a replacement any time soon.

Take care and my best wishes to your family.

The pure joy and awe of this blessed moment absolutely must be embraced. The memories and exact timing of things will be forever caught in your heart and mind.

So you just go and have a peaceful break and guess what Joanne, WE’LL all still be here when you get back! :)

” Jews Out Of France” this is extremely frightening a March against ???? the establishment
    I fail to see how to connect the dots very hateful crowd http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/176876#.UuwTgXkQ5Fw

This popped up Young Mr Trudeau reminds me of the story of the little girl that kicked a wasp’s nest to see what would happen.
    So to my chores, I am going to cut my lawn, and clean up my raised beds, warm here today 50+ .
    WCABH?
    Deboned a small turkey ( 12 lb) pounded out the “white meat” rolled it around some stuffing and some Monteray Jack, tied it up with a couple of rashers of alder smoked bacon on top, gonna roast that puppy.
    Turkey cordon Bubba kinda thing.
    I will check back once in a while.
    Take care all of you.

BC Blue has uncovered some additional details about At Issue panelist Bruce Anderson

I think it becomes obvious the Abacus Data is corrupt
    National News very slanted not a LEVEL playing field no attempt to accurately report the Government of Canada news

I’m with Richco and the rest of the Blue Brigade. Enjoy and savour the times, Joanne. The blogs will always be there, and the aforementioned are doing a commendable job in holding the Media and official Opposition Parties to account. Thanks to Russ Campbell, BC Blue, Sandy’s Crux of the Matter, Diogenes Borealis, and a few others (nice to see Alberta Ardvarrk in the current affairs… some of my old favourites have been frozen for a while) there are ample places to expound and interact, however the spirit and the facts inspire. Agents for the good of our country, carry on.

16. Monkey says:

Hope all goes well and look forward to your blog coming back. Hopefully by then we will be talking about a PC majority in Ontario and how Hudak is cleaning up the mess the Liberals left off course with much opposition from the unions.

Jean Chretien will be smiling. Conrad Black has had his his Order of Canada taken away.

I have a big problem with this one.

As do I. I picked a poor 3 minutes to watch P&P panel, Rosy got the message on her BB and announced it to a shriek of delight from… Kady. Both women were reduced to hyperventilating cheerleaders. Not a great moment for sober objective broadcasting.
      Among other things, Rosie pronounced him guilty of fraud; false had to be corrected by Ivison. A minor detail of course she implied as he had been in jail.

Both Ivison and McGregor admitted to having been hired by Black, the other guy was also sympathetic, mainly because he is excellent writer and a fair employer of reporters. Not so the 2 women. He self identifies as a conservative, and that is enough for them.

It would be interesting who exactly sits on the Advisory Council for the Order of Canada.

The Governor General accepted their recommendation to remove Conrad Black’s Order of Canada but what really is key for me is the Prime Minister made the recommendation to the GG that he also be removed from the Queen’s Privy Council to Canada.

This will affect how I view the PM, and the donations to the party. Not a good thing.

I found this site through googlehttp://www.gg.ca/pdf/AdvisoryCouncil.pdf

thought I might research Yolande Grise
          I do not know the members of Advisory council for the Order of Canada
          we can all go through each member and learn about themI am just doing this one link

• I was not impressed when Conrad Black gave up Canadian citizenship to accept a peerage in the U.K., i.e., Canada was not good enough for him then. And as far as I’m concerned, he’s brought this dishonour on himself and deserves what has happened.

Except for the naggling fact that Black has never even been charged with a criminal offense in Canada. I f we are to accept the verdict of foreign courts in these matters, we are on a slippery slope indeed. Some of the same people who dismiss the two American courts that found against Omar Khadr and family as kangaroo and irrelevant civil courts, hold Black’s convictions to the highest judicial standard. I don’t believe they were anywhere close to that, and anyway one can’t have it both ways.
            It further politicizes the Order and that is very regrettable. Already we have seen a sizeable petition to remove Morgentaler from the Order fail, while this campaign against Black succeeds.
            Not a good result.

That’s right Martin, Conrad Black has not been charged in Canada. As for giving up his Canadian citizenship, he never intended it to be permanent, he was dealing with a vengeful Chretien.

Truthfully I’m not surprised by the decision by the “Advisory Council” decision.
              I am surprised by Harper’s recommendation to remove him from the Queen’s Privy Council to Canada and I have written Harper about my displeasure.

The only people happy about this sorry outcome is Chretien, the mainstream media and the entire elected opposition.

I’m really not looking at Harper in the same light.

There is no better news than this today IMO!
    Steady as she goes Mr. Prime Minister.

Thanks for that link Jen, more of Ezra at his investigative best.

I’m beginning to think Trudeau may find out his silly scheme to disown the Senators will prove to be akin to poking a hornet’s nest.

Things that make me wonder, was the Dauphin, with the kids at granmaws of course, watchin late night TV, enjoying some munchies, and saw a clip of this fine haired gentleman?
    I am thinking that Junior has made a whole lot of his “Team” into adversaries JMO
    Of course the staged “veterans protest” carefully stage managed by PSAC.
    Minister Fantino was late, he apologized, apparently was not good enough.
    Here is Blatchfords take;
    Cruising around it seems that some of these Union stalwarts did as little as answering the phone 16 times a day and were sitting in a building that cost a million dollars a year to operate.
    I support my local Legion they are the ones doing the helping where paperwork is concerned.
    The Conservatives have shaved 20,000 Union Jobs mainly through attrition that is what this is all about JMO
    More Harper Hating, I know Liberals cut far more, but CBC, CTV like them better.

When the covers are blown off we get the truth. Those Veterans who were screeching hard and loud for Fantino’s head on a platter were either willing or in the dark but they ended up being used as stooges by the unions.

Will there be some cooler heads and apologies forthcoming?

The closing of certain offices seemed like a minor thing but it was enough to get a reaction from the usual subjects resulting in very bad optics for Fantino and the Conservatives.

Maybe BB, PM Harper should do what CHRETIEN did then the media praise him.

I agree Liz this could have been, should have been handled far better than it was.
    Was Minister Fantino set up?
    You betcha.
    Did he walk right into it.
    Yup.
    The numbers needing help are not that large, some 7500 with an assigned case manager.
    Minister Fantino, lose the attitude, make these 7500 a priority, that is after all your job.
    That PSAC used their anger and frustation is shameful and disgusting, that they were that angry and frustated is also shameful and disgusting.
    No heros here, save for the Veterans IMO.
    If you are unable or unwilling, step aside, let someone else look after our Veterans.
    They did not shirk or step aside when duty called please bear with me here.
    If this does not move you Sir you have a stone where your heart should be. JMO

Rudyard Kipling 1891

The Last of the Light Brigade
    There were thirty million English who talked of England’s might,
    There were twenty broken troopers who lacked a bed for the night.
    They had neither food nor money, they had neither service nor trade;
    They were only shiftless soldiers, the last of the Light Brigade.

They felt that life was fleeting; they kuew not that art was long,
    That though they were dying of famine, they lived in deathless song.
    They asked for a little money to keep the wolf from the door;
    And the thirty million English sent twenty pounds and four!

They laid their heads together that were scarred and lined and grey;
    Keen were the Russian sabres, but want was keener than they;
    And an old Troop-Sergeant muttered, “Let us go to the man who writes
    The things on Balaclava the kiddies at school recites.”

They went without bands or colours, a regiment ten-file strong,
    To look for the Master-singer who had crowned them all in his song;
    And, waiting his servant’s order, by the garden gate they stayed,
    A desolate little cluster, the last of the Light Brigade.

They strove to stand to attention, to straighen the toil-bowed back;
    They drilled on an empty stomach, the loose-knit files fell slack;
    With stooping of weary shoulders, in garments tattered and frayed,
    They shambled into his presence, the last of the Light Brigade.

The old Troop-Sergeant was spokesman, and “Beggin’ your pardon,” he said,
    “You wrote o’ the Light Brigade, sir. Here’s all that isn’t dead.
    An’ it’s all come true what you wrote, sir, regardin’ the mouth of hell;
    For we’re all of us nigh to the workhouse, an’ we thought we’d call an’ tell.

“No, thank you, we don’t want food, sir; but couldn’t you take an’ write
    A sort of ‘to be conbnued’ and ‘see next page’ o’the fight?
    We think that someone has blundered, an’ couldn’t you tell’em how?
    You wrote we were heroes once, sir. Please, write we are starving now.”

The poor little army departed, limping and lean and forlorn.
    And the heart of the Master-singer grew hot with “the sconrn of scorn.”
    And he wrote for them wonderful verses that swept the land like flame,
    Till the fatted souls of the English were scourged with the thing called Shamme.

O thirty million English that babble of England’s might,
    Behold there are twenty heroes who lack their food to-night;
    Our children’s children are lisping to “honour the charge they made –”
    And we leave to the streets and the workhouse the charge of the Light Brigade!

Lest We Forget.

I agree Bubba and I believe that the Conservative Government is the first Government to step up to the plate and look after our Veterans
      Right now we have fodder for the opposition but when the dust settles we will see that the Veterans are getting the best care
      it will be a long time settling NDP and Unions will continue their attack
      we must not forget the NDP accused our Canadian troops of war crimes
      Liberals neglected our troops

The Liberals did gut our Military and neglect the troops. Chretien sent them to Afghanistan badly equipped, including improper camo uniforms.

The NDP don’t believe in a military and were falsely accusing our troops of war crimes every day in the HOC, all concerned over Taliban prisoners.

Now we see both the Liberals and the NDP standing in the HOC criticizing the Conservatives. They’re the ultimate hypocrites.

If only the veterans knew what the NDP said about their fellowmen(soldiers) calling them ‘war criminals’ for the sake of the Taliban detainees, probably those veterans would distance themselves from the NDP supposedly concern for the them (veterans)

I agree Blue Brigade the opposition danced on the coffins of our soldiers.
    That they are now all sympathy is hypocritial to the tenth power.
    The PSAC needs a trimming IMO.
    My Party is the Conservative Party, if right to be kept right and if wrong to be made right.
    We hear of 100 million dollars in new aid for Jordan.
    I am not against aid to refugees understand but we seem to have Veterans in need here in Canada.
    Charity begins at home.
    Sympathy without relief is like mustard without beef.
    They were strong and healthy when they signed up or they would not have been taken.
    We are better than this.

22. Anne in swON says:

Here’s Warren K.’s take on the Liberal senators’ dilemma. Enjoy the put-down.

Whew, WK is fuming!
      Methinks he’s worried about how this will affect the party and how it may cause infighting, something the Liberals really don’t need as they try to rebuild from the rump they are now.

I totally agree with WK. This bimbo move might be just be Justin’s Waterloo.

Joanne, over 70 comments on this thread already, guess that tells you something…..we need to be weaned off!

We’ll be thinking of you as you “lullaby, rockabye, lullaby loo”.

Good for Warren Kinsella! I was gonna do “Fifty Ways to Lose your (Liberal) Senator”
    Warren makes some very good points.
    Young Justin did say he admired the Chi-Coms ability to “turn on a dime”.
    Pierre Trudeau admired the Russian way of just implementing whatever 5 year plan they thought the people “needed” whether the people liked it or not.
    The “Imperial Pierre Imperative”
    It is not a BUG folks it’s a feature.
    He has as Warren suggests dissed a whole lot of hardworking people.
    He had two partys as opponents, seems to me he now has three party’s wondering why he is in the Leaders shoes.

What’s for supper for the big game Bubba?
      We’re doing our own pizza w/ our beer-of-the-month club offering for January
      (yes, we got one of those for Xmas).
      Go Broncos!

LOL again Bubba!

“Keep on rockin’ the free world Justin, calling in that air strike on the Senators sure woke them up, and now they are all lookin’ at you kid LOL”

For Justin’s next act he’s going to want those OTHER Ottawa Senators (hockey team) to change their name, JUSTIN case other hockey teams mistake them for Liberals :-)

Me thinks Justin’s official Liberal thong is too tight.

Thanks Blue Brigade;
    I am thinkin’ on “Death by Chicken Wings” I have a tray from Costco and I will dial in my “Chiken Rorry Pop” for a brief tutorial from the delightful and exotic Sanjeev
    Helps me work on my east Asian dialect, I have loads of fun with telemarketers, Peter Sellers had nothing on me.
    A tabally spoon of this and a tabally spoon of that and you are cookin’
    So I will be playin’ the “drums of heaven” My sweet Bubbette is goin’ to a “Girly lunch”
    So just me and the killer dawg, 12 pounds of fury, from my Gravatar.
    If the drums of heaven get tiresome I still have a bunch of coconut shrimp in the freezer.
    I don’t care who wins, just so long as I don’t run out of porchclimber and goodies.
    Back to the “Days of Our Lives”
    The Liberal Dope Opera, of course, Justin plays the hero, a sensitive, starcrossed, inbred buffoon whose character is based on Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies .
    Kind of a “Hair-do Honey Boo-Boo”.
    Just nowhere near as intellegent, takes real talent to throw a turd into the punch bowl.
    Funnier still is the MM fightin’ over it, and praising it’s” firmness”and “bouquet”
    Cracks me up, cracks me up even more when his bedwetters in the MM try to make out firing the Liberal Senators, whoops Senators that are Liberal was “Smart”, or “Bold”?
    Sure just like Herr Hitler’s little Eastern adventure.
    “You vill be glad you vent to Stalingrad”
    What we need to do is nothing,applying Napoleons maxim
    Never interfere with you enemy when he is making a mistake.
    Weaned off indeed Liz this place where we share our thoughts and recipes will be missed

The Liberal comments @ WK’s site are baffling but I think they are the same people that carried ‘The Counts’ water too.

AS I’ve said before, I don’t see how they can wrap their head around this as a good thing unless they are so used to the MM enabling the PET spawn that he will walk on water no matter what he does.
      He looked so weak trying to sell this thing and I was embarrassed that he even sat in parliament let alone led a Party.

Some of these people claim that C supporters LOVE THIS move. C supporters are laughing at this move because of who did it and the obvious consequences. The corner he has painted himself into is astonishingly obvious and the lack of leadership potential, glaring.

He rather reminds me of an adolescent crowned Prince who is controlled by the dozens of puppet masters. It’s disturbing that Liberals are proud of status over substance.

Bubba, what’s your best recipe for porch climber? We may need it to buffer the media fawning over Trudeau when we have no place to vent our frustrations and to keep us from climbing the walls!

Bubba I am in such a good mood after reading your posts
    “Never interfere with your enemy when he is making a mistake”
    so true SO TRUE go JT

Russ Campbell’s blog has stimulated my memory
    watch this video put together by Stephen Taylor
    this occurred early in PM Harper’s mandate as Prime Minister
    disgraceful behaviour by CBC
    compare PM Harper to JT no comparison I will be supporting and voting Conservative in 2015

Micro Brown out yes utilities are cutting off power with smart grid
    huh are we not selling our excess to USA
    New Zealand had this in place in 1998 when my spouse and I visited relatives
    Switzerland had it in place as of 1996
    it is coming to Canada Is it necessary?

The Media bubble wrapping of the Author of the “Stupidist Thing ever” Mr Trudeau.
    Motto “non est substantia, ut substantia abusu” (no substance just substance abuse)
    Anyway the spectacle of young Justin’s brainstorm blindsiding the faithful Liberal Senators, oops, Senators formerly known as Liberals.
    The NDP-Q under Mr Muclair who always looks like he has caught the end of his whatzit in his fly, well they were headed for rump status.IMO
    Mr Muclair’s obsession with the Senate is not selling.
    Junior has just shelled his own troops , it wasn’t discussed.
    Him and 3 or 4 staffers dreamed it up and taaa daaa. You. Are. Fired.
    The ancient Romans fighting superior numbers of Barbarians formed a square.
    Traditionally 3 lines of soldiers with their supplies in the center.
    Worked all over Europe, rookies like Justin with the least experience were 1st line.
    The second line had more experience and steadied the rookies.
    The third line was the most experienced men.
    If you cut your way into them you were not going to go any further.
    They being older did not have the stamina of youth but had the wisdom of a thousand battles.
    The Roman Square was only broken once Im aware of Britan, the Celts my large and fierce ancestors did just that.
    I have digressed as usual, my point is the Rookie Leader that is Justin is sayin’ “bring it on” having sent home his best, most experienced troops.
    At a minimum they ain’t gonna love him for what he did and will never forget how he did it. JMO
    The MM are playing “pretend” every day Justin shows he is just showboating, no leadership skills here folks.
    I am waiting for the rest of the audit, might just reveal what panicked Justin, them Liberal Senators are going to make the Conservatives look good JMO

Right. The small cabal of Jr’s handlers, posted on last post here, seem unknown to most people. some of them are leftovers from Dalton McGuinty. They should be able to provide really sound advice. Jr must plan on presenting this as a “doing politics differently” ploy. Problem is some of those Senators know the old methods like running a campaign. They cannot be too pleased with this move.

Is Trudeau thinking for himself when he refuses to talk to SNN reporters? He rudely ignores them as they try to ask him questions which is not something any politician does who aspires to represent ALL Canadians as PM. Certainly not a smart move for a person who is leader of a party trying to win supporters.

This is another sign he’s not ready for the top job, no where close to ready. Confidence and competence are a team, he’s showing neither.

This past week he seems to be talking to no one. It is a complete double standard that the Ottawa press have not tracked him down and gotten some explanations of his Senate moves. Where is he anyway?

He’s acting like someone who dropped a stink bomb then scurries off to avoid the fallout.
            Forgive us if we assume he isn’t prepared to answer questions because he hasn’t been briefed on the answers which have to come from his puppet masters behind the dark curtain.

The NDP don’t know the meaning of shame. It’s obvious what they were doing. The NDP pretending they give a whack about anything military and using the Veterans reeks of hypocrisy.

• Anne in swON says:

The tenor of the comments following the article makes it obvious that the Windsor area is definitely NDP/union territory. They have not yet learned. How sad for them.

All those who are fanning the flames of this disagreement the Veterans have with the Government and Fantino in particular, are not necessarily friends of the Vets, they’re pushing their own agenda.

The Vets better not be taken in by this opportunistic interest in their welfare. They better be careful what they wish for and call on their long term memory to recall just how badly neglected all things military were for decades. They also better realize they’re being used.

At the same time, the Conservatives are not handling this well at all, it should never have gotten to this, they’ve allowed the usual subjects to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Liz J please watch this video by Stephen Taylor it hopefully will help you understand
    Conservatives are not responsible
    PM Harper taken out of context by CBC reporters nothing has changed

I recall that one fh.

It’s my view that when the PM, or any of his Ministers, have quotes taken out of context to feed a certain agenda they need to be addressed immediately and a retraction be demanded from the perpetrators. In politics if you don’t act swiftly and just shrug this stuff off you own it.

no quotes were taken out of context the whole answers that the PM Harper made were cut and pasted
        they are still doing that

We’re not making it very easy for Joanne to take the break she nicely eluded to in her initial post, are we?
    My apologies for that Joanne. No more posting from me in support of your decision.

Sorry Joanne if we are preventing you from shutting down but I’m thinking you will when you are ready. As long as you leave the door open we’ll come in and assume you are OK with us continuing to comment.

MM are using the same tactic on Tim Hudak that they used on PM Harper they know if they keep repeating their lies people will believe the lies
    we are faced with giving 200% if we want to succeed

Some thoughtful comments on the new Senate here. Also some beginning rumblings of Liberal discontent:
    “Justin Trudeau has no authority or authorization to determine my status in the chamber. I determine that,” said Sen. George Furey.

Added Sen. Terry Mercer, a former party president,: ”Mr. Trudeau removed me from the Liberal caucus. He didn’t remove me from the Liberal party.”

Trudeau may find out he poked a hornet’s nest, they’ll slowly awaken and show their displeasure. It’s hard to imagine they’ll be willing to work for his leadership or co-operate with him after he has declared there are no more Liberal Senators in the Upper Chamber. When you get fired you are forced to quit the job…they have been fired as Liberals.

That’s right, they can’t take off their Liberal hats and pretend to be Independent, it’s a farce all around.

Heads up– Given the latest court ruling, please do not use real names as you did Jen in a negative light.

I will assume also that coments are still welcome.
    The only thing that runs faster than JT is a Seawhawk apparently.
    Where is the Imperial Emperor?
    He looks all dreamy in his little silk jacket.
    But for the former Liberal Senators it is clear “No eggroll for you!”
    So why aren’t tne MM hunting down Justin to explain how his “bold move” works?
    When W Kinsella who has been around for a while says “now that was stupid” you know the old guard are sharpening the knives.
    Whose idea was it again to foist this kid on us?

Had to laugh when JT was trying to ignore the SNN reporter in pursuit of his Imperial Highness, after he grabbed his coat he went out the wrong door and had to be told by the reporter where the right exit door was! I guess royalty don’t often have to find their own way.

Reporters seem to be able to find Rob Ford at work, at home, in a bar, crossing a street anywhere he goes. Trudeau Jr, unless he wishes to approach a microphone is totally left alone. His privacy assured, except that he wishes someday to be PM on his own terms of course.

Sorry to be a party pooper guys, but legally, things for bloggers right now are a bit scary. Please be careful when you speak of anyone, including JT, particularly since Joanne is not able to moderate as she used to.

Sandy, in that case we may as well shut down all blogs and we know who wins in that case.
      I can’t see anything wrong with anything that’s true or even having an opinion on what any politician does. If someone wants to take over as leader of our country or province we should be able to question their moves.

When it comes to poking fun and digging for gotchas no one was attacked more than PM Harper , they showed him or his Office little respect.

If it comes to putting citizens in straight jackets, can’t express opinions we are creating a commie state.

Wonder what the newly fired and free but still getting paid Senators are doing with their time in the Upper Chamber? Trudeau could use some of their experience in his caucus, instead he has shrunk his rump and lost what might be some wise council which he sorely needs.

Finally got my internet connection back today, so I’m late in wishing you, Joanne, a happy hiatus for grandmother duties … But don’t forget to come back ’cause Twitter just doesn’t cut it for me.

not good news Amherst Island and Prince Edward County
    37 industrial wind turbines 400 feet in the air

That’s tragic news. Who is going to stop the madness if the government refuses to listen to the people?