The Wisdom of Toronto ‘Elites’

Jim Cuddy:  “You cannot raise a people up by dragging others down and that is what the mayor attempts to do.”  And apparently so does the Toronto Star. [H/T]

My only regret is any part I had in enhancing Cuddy’s financial status with money spent on Blue Rodeo CDs and concert tickets.

Update

Toronto Star fails in effort to find out how Drake really feels about Rob FordMarc Weisblott

This entry was posted in democracy, Integrity, Media Issues, Media Party, MSM bias, Toronto. Bookmark the permalink.

104 Responses to The Wisdom of Toronto ‘Elites’

It’s called an election. Indeed!

Interesting thing is I went out for lunch today and there was a free Toronto Star on the counter. Normally I won’t even touch a Star but low and behold on the front page, bottom right, is the very article both Conrad Black and Peter Kent complained about. Don’t have a link and I never visit the site. LOL But, they definitely quote a fair share of elites and they say that no one said anything good about Ford. So, therefore?????? They should call another election?

Elites versus an election is exactly what it was all about. The Toronto Star publisher and journalist simply don’t get it.

Right on Sandy! Fortunately Toronto is more than just this little sampling of sanctimonious elites. There are good hard-working, everyday people there who want their taxdollars to be used efficiently and properly.

BTW the link to the Star article is embedded in the words “Toronto Star”.

I like David Peterson’s reply: “My job is to build bridges not to tear them down.” He wouldn’t allow himself to be drawn into the pile-on.

Peter Kent’s reply was the best but I wish he had avoided the all-caps.

Precisely why Rob Ford will win the next mayoral election. As for Jim Cuddy, he should let his music do his talking and otherwise keep his judgments quiet. Blue Rodeo is a good band and we don’t need a Canadian kind of Bono.

• Bubba Brown says:

Presicely Tripper, jut because you are an “entertainer” does not mean your opinions carry more weight than the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker or the boilermaker , for that matter.
      As for “Bono” he is particularly annoying, his real name is Paul David Henson.
      I try and remember their real names when one of these inflated twits holds forth.
      When ex PM Paul Martin was trying so hard for some of little Paulies “cool” to rub off on him, it was painful, and pathetic.
      When Paul Martin grabbed that guitar and did “air guitar” on stage it was cringe worthy.
      Little Paulie thinks everybody should pay taxes but him, his money is off shore.
      That the Toronto Star thinks the Mayor stands or falls on their say, along with 70 “names” is not Democracy or my Canada.
      Call an election!
      In this Canada of ours the people decide.
      Reminds me of a story about the front man for U2
      Big Concert, in Ireland, little Paul takes the stage, applause, applause.
      He waits till it dies down,
      He then claps his hands, waits, looks around, after a long 5 seconds, he claps again, again he waits 5 seconds.
      He then says “Everytime I claps me ‘ands, another child dies in Africa!
      From the front row
      “So quit clappin’ yer ‘ands ! ya fookin’ ar**hole!”
      Aaah the Irish.

“As for Jim Cuddy, he should let his music do his talking and otherwise keep his judgments quiet.”

Same thing with so many others like Sarah Mclachlan, Sheryl Crow, Bare Naked Ladies… so many whose music I’ve enjoyed but whose political views make me want to burn their CDs.

3. James Walker says:

Paul David “Hewson” is Bono Vox, and yes he is annoying.

I would advise against anyone going to see Blue Rodeo if they don’t want to be harangued by ultra left idiocies from Greg Keelor.

The Toronto Star has pulled back the curtain to show us how the media manipulates. And it is not a pretty site for anyone. Sad.
    Who would ever want to be a journalist ?

Don’t judge us all by the Star Fay.
      The Star has been caught and exposed for what it is….a manipulating tabloid that thinks it speaks for its readers who, for the most part may just buy what they’re selling because it’s the left’s choice for news.
      The public can now continue choose it or not.

5. monkey says:

As someone who resides in downtown Toronto although I am certainly a minority as I voted for Rob Ford (I want him to resign to breaking the law on smoking crack and his buffoonery, not because he is too right wing) and voted for Hudak in 2011 and will vote for him whenever the next election provincially is held. The reality I think is some in the area are ignorant of other areas and assume everyone thinks like them. Most are actually well meaning people with good intentions (just as most conservatives or as a matter of fact I think most people of all political persuasions), they just assume since they are educated they know what is best. When it comes to understanding people’s political views, you cannot learn this in the classroom, you learn this by connecting with people who live in different places. As such I try to actually visit areas with different viewpoints and understand why people believe what they do before criticizing. Ironically I’ve found when meeting with people of much different philosophies be they people on the hard right in the deep south of the US or lefties in downtown Toronto, the actual differences are not as big as some believe.

Otherwise my point (sorry for the long rant) is I respect the right of the Toronto elites to hold their left wing views they do, I just think they need to meet a little more with the people they disagree with and be more respectful of those who have different views.

I blame media interference in the politics of the nation at all levels, they skewer Conservatives at every turn, resorting to innuendo and gossip making any chance of respectful dialogue almost impossible.

Opinions trump plain old reporting of the facts unspun, their modus operandi is skew the facts to manipulate opinion. Thankfully we are seeing more and more people tuning them out and thinking for themselves thanks to yeoman’s work by bloggers like Joanne, Sandy, Kate and many more.

Papers actually pay columnists for their opinions Liz J. The column writers and the reporters are two separate entities.

The reporter – just the news, no views, or opinion.
        The columnist – all opinion, all the time, right, left, otherwise….all with the approval of the paper’s editor/publisher and often with the support of readership.

Manipulation by media of politics isn’t new. The difference today is now Conservatives and others (as shown in the backlash against the Star’s attempt to wag the dog), can and do fight back.

We forget that a columnist Conrad Black exposed the sleeze in the Star for what it was a few weeks ago. I actually wrote about it then right here at BLY.

Look for more of this this coming week on SNN.

The reporter – just the news, no views, or opinion.

That may be the way it should be but sadly quite often it’s not.

Exactly, and that’s the problem.

Not usually when it comes to print media though.

There’s a reason why the commentary and opinions are usually in a separate section from the news reporting.

If you’re referring to TV news casts and networks, that’s another story altogether.

• monkey says:

I will admit that the Toronto Star on Rob Ford wanted to get rid of him for day one and seemed to be on a witchhunt. Yes he did everything to help their case, but I doubt they would backed off even had he not been a buffoon and wasn’t using crack.

That being said it has the biggest readership in Canada whereas I believe the National Post which is more right leaning struggles so it seems with newspapers (not radio and television), those on the left have more readers for whatever reason and as much as we don’t want to talk about it, being profitable is the most important thing for any business and that includes newspapers so I suspect thats probably a bigger reason. What needs to change is people need to stop reading papers that behave that way and it will then no longer be profitable.

• Joe says:

I got a chuckle from watching my nephew who lives and breathes downtown Toronto leftism. He came to Alberta and decided to take his extended family out for dinner one evening. He extolled the virtues of various lefty triumphs celebrated in Toronto and was quite taken aback to discover lefty Toronto was only copying what conservative Alberta had done decades ago.

• Monkey says:

Did he rethink his views? Back during the 2006 election, CBC had a woman from Welland, Ontario who was a hardcore liberal and even named her cat Trudeau. After spending a few days with a rancher in Southern Alberta, she realized there was another side and was even thinking of voting Conservative. Once most spend time amongst right wingers they realize they aren’t as extreme or scary as people paint them.

6. Paul says:

Elites exposed. Toronto Star embarrasses themselves…again.
    Love Mr. Kent’s reply. Wish Conrad Black was asked…his comments exposed Torstar smallness as only he can.

Conrad Black is a masterful writer IMO.
      No one comes close to him as a crafter of wordplay.

Peter Kent’s response was a smackdown with true class.
      I saw Peter on Michael Coran’s show on this same subject, again showed true class, far above the detractors, the sorry excuses for journalists.

7. JR says:

Honderich embarrassed himself and The Star with his original bully letter. Publishing the responses takes stupidity to a new level. You’d have thought they might keep it to themselves and use it to update their enemies lists.

Good for Peter Kent.

O/T but just as an illustration of a masterful Conrad Black column, here’s his offering from yesterday’s National Post on the follies of the Toronto ice storm.
    He hits the nail squarely IMO.

It is so great having him back to write. I’d say he hit the nail on the head with his entire critique and there is a comment down the page that sarcastically inquires if T.O. is to use the 2500 military from Petawawa when Ontario does in fact have many thousand more in union labour……however if so, can the military get the same salary benefits AND pension advantages? (paraphrased)
      A brilliant comment with teeth and truth.

My reaction to the comments of the entertainers above, is “They would say that, wouldn’t they”. The last 50 or so years have demonstrated clearly that if performers want to avoid self detonation, they will express liberal views, or else keep quiet. To do otherwise would ensure their songs would not be heard, bookings, interviews, favorable mention on TV would all be hard to come by. This is not to say that all songsters are liberal, we know by the way they carefully protect their financial interests that some of them are conservative by nature. It’s just a career destroyer to mention it too openly.

10. Ruth says:

wonder what this is about…..Ontario PC leader Tim Hudak to make “major announcement” at Queen’s Park tomorrow morning.
    I was hoping for an election call this Spring, so I hope he isn’t stepping down just now.

Ruth – I just check Twitter. Lots of speculation in comments here.

I just can’t see Hudak stepping down now. Probably some big candidate announcement or something.

Hudak had his constituency levies today — one in Binbrook and one in Beamsville. I got a pre-recorded telephone message yesterday. So, he won’t be announcing he is quitting that is for sure. I got an email today about the $50.00 plus dollars all Ontario hydro customers are going to have to pay. My bet is that is what the announcement will be.

Anyway, wishful thinking on the part of the usual suspects. Two or three months before an election and no time for a leadership race? Not going to happen unless it is a life and death situation for either Tim or a family member. And, he wouldn’t have had two receptions today if that were the case.

My 2 cents, is that he’ll announce his candidates for the upcoming and as yet uncalled but expected byelections which Wynne is expected to call within the next week or so.

Second guess, he’s taking a leave of absence for family reasons and an interim leader will take over for now. Wynne breathes easier and is in no rush to deliver her budget.

In thinking more about this I’m going with my 2nd guess.
              With the exception of the levies, which are commitments he must keep, he hasn’t been seen for a few weeks, has just spent time with his family, we know that his wife is expecting and it makes sense.
              If it were simply a political announcement he wouldn’t usually give the media any lead time. He’s wants the media there.

Well whatever that announcement is, he certainly has piqued our interest!

(Here’s a hint: “On Monday, Ontarians will be shown just how we will get Ontario back on track, and that we are not shooting for the moon.”)

Could this be Tim Hudak’s announcement
              a plan to return Ontario to prosperity

I think you’ve nailed it fh and reading the link Joanne provided at 7:00am I think he’s going to unveil his own version of the CSR, call it the “Let’s Save Ontario Revolution”,which is exactly what Ontario needs right now.

Also makes sense heading in to byelections.

In keeping with the federal Liberal line of thought, wonder if the media thinks the fact the Hudaks are expecting an addition to their family will give him a bump in the polls?

I’m thinking when politicians inform us they will be making a special announcement it’s to garner attention, get the media all stirred up. Good move.

Hey, if it works for the federal Liberals it can work for Hudak as well.

Being a Monday and usually a slow news day, by telegraphing the “big” announcement is likely Hudak’s way of getting the media’s interest and pay attention instead of chasing squirrels.

It was worth repeating JO

• monkey says:

I suspect it will be like Harper in 2006. His numbers will stay in the tank until the campaign starts. His personal numbers will rise once the campaign gets under way but the party numbers will come later in the campaign. If anybody remembers 2006, Harper started with poor personal numbers but by Christmas had pulled ahead of Martin, yet the Tories were stuck at 30% in the polls. It was only after New Years and the RCMP started investigating the income trust leak that the Tories pulled ahead and never looked back. Generally politicians numbers don’t change outside campaign periods as asides from political junkies (who already know who they are going to vote for) most don’t pay attention. Its during the campaign where I think Hudak has the potential (although no guarantee) to see his numbers improve.

Way to go, Peter Kent!! We need more individuals to stand up to all the BS out there and to confront aggressively those that do so. Conservatives need to step up to the plate and challenge the lefties and their viewpoints. Conservative MPs ought to forcefully correct, on the spot, the misinformation when dealing with the likes of Solomon, Fife, Mansbridge, ect., ect… These guys have been getting a free lunch for way too long.

Take a look at some of these so-called elites and their pasts. They talk about “morality.” What a joke. They are quick to pass judgment on others but it’s ok , for example, to waste taxpayers’ money. Hypocrites.

“And what sort of lives do these people, who pose as being moral, lead themselves? My dear fellow, you forget that we are in the native land of the hypocrite.”
    ― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

I found a “Mini Maggot Media” member during my perusals. First time I’ve ever heard of PM Stephen Harper referred to as an “empty suit”…. I thought that label was reserved for the Shiny one. Also don’t take to kindly to we supporters as being “zombies”… Even the comments are in the writer’s favour. Doug (the Dog) Draper could use a lesson in manners… http://niagaraatlarge.com/2014/01/10/canadas-and-ontarios-jobless-rate-continues-to-climb/

Well that looks like a blog to me. If the author wants to say such things it’s his right. We also have the right to ignore it. ;)

Know the man. Ignore it is right.

For sure it’s a blog.
        Too bad people can’t discern, or take the time to do so, just what is provincial vs federal jurisdiction.
        Ontario is contributing the lion’s share to the jobless rate numbers across the country. Of course Quebec is also due to their perpetual have-not status.

Betting Old Hippy Neil Young will be hearing the Na,Na,Na,Na Goodbye song from all the Easterners who are making a good living in the Alberta Oil Sands and anyone with a functioning brain who wants the country to thrive.
        I’m sure Maurice Strong is smiling through the smog in China where he resides as such idiots rally to shut down the industrialized nations.

We’re much too quick these days to tag “maggot media” to anything IMO.

Doug Draper is a journalist. Worked for the St. Catharines Standard for years. Old enough to be retired. Doing freelancing and blogging now I guess. I am an acquaintance of his wife. Nice person but definitely Liberal and anti-Harper.

Thinking of the term “maggot media.”Amazing how we can minimize bloggers who we don’t agree with. Guess progressives and liberals think the same of us conservative bloggers. Makes me wonder sometimes why we do it if all we are doing is agreeing with each other.

Time for a happy dance!!! ;) Except I am still recovering from a broken knee. LOL

Mini Maggot Media?
      I seriously doubt it.
      More like another blogger with an opinion we don’t agree with.

Gee the elite did not exactly line up to join the pile on of Mayor Ford.
    Must suck to find out “anybodys who may be somebodys” are pretty much ignoring your “Dear John” letter.
    John 8:1
    Meanwhile from the looks of the pictures of the Mayors night out, he is “living large”

Dried up old rocker cum activist Neil Young is another entertainer who has lost it, joined the Susuki band. More old tapes in my collection to toss.

• monkey says:

Perhaps we should play sweet home Alabama but change it to Sweet home Alberta and use the line “But I hope Neil Young will remember, a prairie man doesn’t need him around, sweet home Alberta”. (I changed the line from southern man to prairie man and Alabama to Alberta) from the Lynyrd Skynyrd song Sweet home Alabama.

Anyways like other musicians he should stick to singing and writing music and shut up about the oils sands which he obviously is ill informed on.

15. Greg says:

A little reality check on the Star piece. They stated 70 letters sent out. Regardless of how they spin the statistics, they only identify 12 of the 70 that agree with Hondo that Ford should resign. A further 14 expressed concern with Ford’s actions, much like many of us here. Pretty safe to assume that those that did not bother to respond at all do not agree with the Star. Math says 24 completely disagreed with the Star. A significant majority of even elites disagreed with this tactic, although you won’t find that analysis in the reporters story.

• Greg says:

I forgot to mention, in their laughable manipulation of statistics, Peter Kent’s scathing reply counts as ‘declined comment’.

It was a comment they simply couldn’t counter. They could file it under “truth hurts” if they want to be accurate.

Flahtery to Wynne – STFU – In the way only Jim Flaherty can.
    Thank-you Jim Flaherty!

Ontario’s Wynney the Who is having a panel on open government coming to Ottawa on Tuesday. What can we expect from that?

Will they be pulling back the curtain to expose their lies and jiggered figures on their massive ineptitude from the day Quitter McGuinty aka McLiar took Office? Wynne cannot extricate herself from the mess no matter what contortions she tries.

O/T Heads-up

Rob Snow fills in for the vacationing Lowell Green at 10:10 am eastern at http://www.cfra.com
    Well worth a listen.

Any reports on crowd numbers at the Young/Suzuki Hippy Oil Sands/Harper government hate fest in TO?

Don’t have the numbers for the “Hate Harper granola payola fest”
    But this is good and wholesome a “blogger shall set you free”
    Who says a 69 year old guy can’t kick your ass?
    There is also a very well written article from the Fort Mac film guy;
    The truth is out there I am wondering if the brass hats at CBC had the same “indoctrination” ?
    All pigs are equal comrade!

Agree with MadMacs of Bytown. Rob Snow is really doing a number on Neil Young.

So another hypocrite hits the stage. BTW, guess who was sitting next to Young? Yep, no other than Suzuki. According to Rob Snow, Young has mansions in California, Hawaii, and Florida. He has a private jet. He has lived in the US for decades. Suzuki? Gee, he has only four homes.

Of course, the art community is mainly Liberal. They count on “liberal” funds. The Conservatives will have to be well prepared for the onslaught and pile on coming from the opposition parties, MSM (especially the CBC and CTV), the art community, entertainers, unions, Liberal bureaucrats, etc. as the election nears. They’re all in it together. They’ll be pulling out all the stops to win the next election.

Young should take Suzuki with him back to the US where they can scream about the coal-fired plants. See how far that gets them. Meanwhile we’ll continue to support the CBC and what it produces. We love to punish ourselves. Some day soon, hopefully, we’ll wake up and shut down the CBC for the benefit of all Canadians.

Germany is turning to coal-fired plants.

Germany To Open 10 New Coal-Fired Power Stations
    Date: 18/11/13 Julia Mengewein, Bloomberg

“The price for coal used in thermal plants for delivery to Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Antwerp next year, dropped to a record low of $80.25 a metric ton on Oct. 14, according to broker data compiled by Bloomberg.”

• monkey says:

Not surprising at all. They banned nuclear power, so where are they going to get their energy from? There isn’t enough wind or solar power to meet consumer demand. Well done Greens!!! Just shows who good they are at shooting themselves in the foot.

Calling Young and Suzuki:

China & India Are Building 4 New Coal Power Plants – Every Week
    Date: 14/11/12 Peter Galuszka, The New York Times

“”Global demand for coal is expected to grow to 8.9 billion tons by 2016 from 7.9 billion tons this year. China is expected to add about 160 new coal-fired plants to the 620 operating now, within four years. During that period, India will add more than 46 plants.”

Gee, democracy is great. We have the opportunity to reply to hypocrites. :-)

• monkey says:

If Neil Young came to China to comment on their coal plants he would either be jailed or kicked out of the country right away and barred for life. I don’t like China’s dictatorship (unlike Trudeau), but no one will take them on as they know they won’t listen.

Good comment Ed!
    Jurassic Rocker condemns (……………..) “quad semper” rides around Fort Mac in his Eco-freako-mobile which he spent gizzallions on, has the coyote farts it runs on shipped in by vestal virgins on electric scooters.
    Meanwhile his posse follows him in his honkin, big diesel powered bus stinkin’ up fort Mac for the rest of us.
    The crocumentary he shot is like taking a picture of the garbage dump in a town and presenting it as “main street”
    Hmm there is a song in there somewhere……….a cross between “he’s so vain” and “cover of the rollin’ stone”
    Another multi- mansion-millionaire with a private jet telling us how we should be living, working and developing our resources.
    As far as I am concerned Fort Mac is just a big oil spill and we are cleaning it up.
    We are doing the cleanup under the strictist regulations on the planet, the people there are doing very well and our Canada is prospering.
    In the book “Peace River Chronicles” Alexander Mackenzie mentions oil and tar trickling down the river banks in the “heat of the June sun”.
    We are doing something about that.
    His mention of Hiroshima shows a complete lack of understanding of that war, the sacrifices that were made by veterans.
    Mr Young should sit and listen to a Canadian veteran of Hong Kong, he just might learn something.
    Their sacrifices made it possible to have the kind of world where a guitar player/ singer could have a life of wealth, peace, prosperity and privelage unheard of back then.
    Until he does that he should realize his uniformed opinion is worth no more than mine, or Ed’s or any of the folks that share their thoughts here.

• Greg says:

I’ve often said that if humanity could not use the oil sands for anything useful, Suzuki etc would demand we dig it up and burn it just to clean up the dirt.

For those following Ontario politics the links below are worth a look. This is the text from one of their posts today minus the excellent illustration that accompanies this.

“noliberals.ca ( a fan of http://www.noliberals.ca)
    A quick review of the Ontario 2011 Election Results…..

The Liberals got re-elected….The Liberal ridings are RED….Any idea where the Government Workers all live ?

Any Idea where the LBGT crowd lives ?

Any idea where the Enviro-Wackos live ?

Any idea where the Left-Wing Media puts out it’s Liberal Propaganda ? ….

Any Questions as to why the Liberals Won the last election ?…….with only 1.5 Million votes ……as voter turnout was about 47%…..

If I recall correctly there are about 1.5 Million Government Workers in Ontario….with another 13,000 being added in December 2013.”

• monkey says:

I actually don’t think the LGBT community should necessarily be hostile group and in the long-run I think that might change as conservative parties focus more on the economic side where many LGBT people are centre-right and less on the social.

I would add university campuses though as another one helping elect Liberals too. Its not until when gets in the real world they start to realize all those theories that sounded nice in school don’t actually work in real life.

PC leader Tim Hudak’s plan for a better Ontario is here.
    Please read through it all.
    Total common sense IMO. Something that never goes out of style.

From Hudak’s statement:
      ” Hudak’s proposed Million Jobs Act, designed to immediately begin creating jobs, will do the following:

Produce more jobs and increase take-home pay through lower taxes and less debt;
      Ensure affordable energy that will create jobs, not eliminate them;
      Train more skilled workers to meet the demand in trades, and help young people find good jobs;
      Increase trade with our neighbours;
      End the bureaucratic runaround that inhibits job creation.”

What’s missing for me on first blush are the specifics and if a link to the specifics are within the white papers a link to the white papers may have been helpful for those who don’t know that.

Other than that, what’s not to like?

Good to see him up front. More of that please!

In following the news wires it looks like the PCs are getting lots of hits and play on their jobs announcement.
        Hopefully, they’ll give it more than a glance and Hudak and company can stretch this out for a few weeks and move it with help from the base and friendlies.

More on Neil Young, it is worth noting that he owns several homes including a 1500 acre ranch in Cal. His assets are listed at around $65 m US. Nothing wrong there, as he is a talented guitarist and even better song writer. But even by hedonistic rock standards he appears a bit of a self absorbed eccentric. His ranch includes a barn built to house his model railway layout; this facility would put many Canadian houses to shame. He has no obvious insights into any environmental issues, no special education or experience in climatology studies.
    Why should Canadians listen to his advice, or more pointedly why do media hang on his every word? Workers trying to support families deserve better than his lectures; they do not have the leisure time, to spend playing with model train sets.

Re: Neil Young.
    Evan Solomon, as usual, is acting as an apologist for Neil Young on the power panel, together with NDPer Brad Lavigne. CBCer Chris Hall, Lib. Rob Silver, and CP Alyse Mills questioned the effectiveness of Young’s excessive rhetoric.

Unfortunately, no one has mentioned the behemoth tour bus Young travels in to do his touring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9-iOntU0cc

I got to the link above through a link Paulsstuff posted in one of his posts about Young, the link he provided to a NY Times story. I would have posted it at Paulsstuff’s blog, but he’s changed the format for commenting and I was unsuccessful in posting my comment there.

Right just saw that, and Young got mixed reviews from the panel. Naturally Solomon and Lavigne were firmly onside, with Alyse and Silver against and Hall somewhere in between.
      The surprise was Silver to commented that he wasn’t about to take his political opinions from rock stars. So it wasn’t a complete positive for Young although the P&P poll was about 75 25 in his favour.

“Well I heard Mister Young sing about her. Well, I heard ole Neil put her down. Well I hope Neil Young will remember – A Northern man don’t need him around anyhow. Sweet Home ALBERTA, where the skies are so BLUE, and the Guv’ment’s true. Sweet Home ALBERTA…Lord, I’m coming home to you.” (Hurray for Lynyrd Skynyrd)

I checked the Travel Nav.com to check o Suzuki’s carbon footprint:

The total carbon emissions for a flight from Vancouver Island to Ontario is:
    1,083 lbs CO2 / 491 kg CO2e / 0.49 tonnes

My favourite Beattle song “let it be”
    “Speaking words of wisdom, let it be”
    “http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/13/pope-says-abortion-evidence-throwaway-culture/
    Pope criticizes abortion as evidence of “throwaway culture”
    “Speaking words of wisdom”
    WE NEED TO LISTEN

Beatles famous picture crossing street on album

Neil Young’s misguided assault on Alberta oil sands doing a disservice to natives.
    Peter Foster | January 12, 2014 9:55 PM ET

This is a must-read article that tells the other side of the story. Some key points:

“….. David Suzuki, as “moderator,” and climate modeller turned Green party B.C. MLA Andrew Weaver ……”

“… “cash in” on the oil sands boom …”

“… serious inaccuracies …” “… environmental alarmism …”

“… David Schindler …” “… severely-slanted CBC documentary …”

“… largest employer of native people …”

Reading a headline in the NP:”Harper’s sixth Supreme Court nomination leads to rare legal mess at bench”, what’s up with this? Has he lit another fire to add to the Senate kerfuffle for the media and opposition to run with, or, is this just another game of interference, opposing for the sake of opposing?

Neil Young’s car blamed for warehouse fire
    can we seriously believe anything Neil says?
    H/T paul voice of reason CAW

This cartoon is priceless.

Excellent cartoon.
        For a guy who we shouldn’t be paying attention to the Canadian press is giving him way more earned media and attention than he deserves.
        Another entitled Canadian celebrity who made it big because they turned their backs on their home country to make their millions, then come back and tell us how to live our lives.
        We wouldn’t put up with this BS from anyone, yet, we’re as gullible as those who have no political savvy whatsoever, and are hooked.

Meanwhile Ontario continues to go to hell, Hudak makes a HUGE announcement and on the same day Wynne is giving out pre-byelection goodies as a counter to Hudak…..and of course, whatever coverage Hudak would have received for his new plan for jobs in the province is trumped by Wynne’s announcement of a new hospital in Niagara.

Perhaps the City of Toronto would like to snag Neil Young to be their next mayor. He’s already got the pot and partying life down to a fine art :-)