Merry Joyous Christmas

Well we just finished making the tourtières and now I’m relaxing with a nice hot cup of White Chai Tea.

I want to wish everyone here at BLY a wonderful Christmas!  I hope you are able to find a moment of peace and joy in midst of all the hubbub.

As always please feel free to leave links to your favourite Christmas carols and songs in comments, and I’ll post some of them later if time permits.

Thanks again for your insightful comments and mutual support all year long. We have a great little family here.

Update

Flashback to Flash Mob.

*    *    *    *

This entry was posted in Blogging, grassroots power, YouTube. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Merry Joyous Christmas

“We have a great little family here”…you betcha and Merry Christmas to all the family!

2. CanadianKimchi says:

Merry Christmas to you, Joanne, and everyone who posts here. I don’t get much time to post here, but there’s always something insightful to read here. Enjoy the holiday festivities and be safe if you’re traveling anywhere!

3. Frances says:

Merry Christmas, Joanne. Could you post your tourtiere recipe? La tante de mon mari made them every year, but – as I recall – her recipe began with about 10 lb ground beef and 5 lb ground pork and went on from to there. She couldn’t make any fewer pies, and I never was able to figure it out.

Ah.. Old family secret. But here are the meat proportions I use:

4 lbs lean gr pork
      1/2 to one pound gr veal
      1/2 to one lb lean gr bf.

That yields three generous pies. True tourtière is mostly meat according to la famille de mon mari.

Trick is to separate the fat from the broth early on which involves separating the meat & broth overnight to be able to skim off the fat.

That was a favourite flash mob of mine
    here is one I liked

This is a new one to us this year but definitely a keeper;
    Cranberry,pear and ginger chutney
    1 – 2 cups apple cider vinegar
    2 – 1 cup finely chopped onion
    3 – 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
    4 – 2 1/2 tsp lemon zest
    5 – 2 1/2 tsp orange zest
    6 – 1 cinnamon stick
    7 – 1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
    8 – 1/4 tsp ground cloves
    boil ist 8 ingredients until reduced, about 10 minutes
    add 1 pkg of cranberries about 8 oz
    2 large pears peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
    1 &1/4 cup brown sugar
    Simmer 30 minutes, remove from heat , discard cinnamon stick and mash with potato masher if need be.
    This can be made 2 or 3 days in advance refrigerate covered, seems better the second day.
    Definitely not boring cranberry sauce enjoy!

Oh, goody-goody….here come the recipes!:)…..and music….

The secret to a peaceful, joyful Christmas is to pace oneself. Start mid November doing a little bit at a time. Christmas is my most treasured time of year and feeling the true meaning, essential.

I wish each and every true ‘Bluer’ a wonderful next few days with their loved ones and ‘Peace on Earth, Good will to all’.

To every single one of you who are on my friends list – - I enjoy catching up, looking at pics, hearing about you and your family, sharing jokes and news, along with getting and sometimes giving support during good times and bad times too. I am not only glad to count you as my friends, but also as my family who cherishes family and friendship just as I do. Thank you all so very much for being part of my life. Merry Christmas!! ”
    From my fb friend but so suitable to all my friends here.
    Merry Christmas to all.

Merry Christmas to all!

Two of my favourite carols …

Merry Christmas everyone.
    May The Lord Bless you and Protect you and Grant you Peace in your lives and to the World.

Thank you Joanne for allowing us to use your site to chat and offer opinions.

10. Anne in swON says:

Merry Christmas to everyone at BLY. Here are my 2 favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXjbI3kRus (Bing Crosby & David Bowie – The Little Drummer Boy / Peace On Earth)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zh-yR0pbmU (Josh Groban – O Holy Night)

11. beachnut says:

Homemade Bailey’s Irish Cream
    ( for Christmas morning)

1 egg
    1 pint cereal cream ( half & half)
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    1 cup rye whiskey
    1.5 tsp chocolate syrup
    .5 tsp coconut extract

Put all in blender, or hand mix about 1 minute.
    Makes about 1 40 oz bottle.

I put it in canning jars, and pass them out to my friends.
    Keeps in fridge up to 5 weeks.

Yumm!!

BTW I just allowed the Tory Tea Time page to be visible again (for now). We’ll see how much s-p-a-m it causes but meanwhile readers can go there and see if there are any recipes they want to copy.

Merry Christmas, Joanne, and to everyone at BLY. May there be peace and happiness in your homes. BLY, what a gem!!

Here is a link to the Global interview with PM Harper:

Message to regular readers: I hope you had a truly Blessed Christmas.

On a technical note, I seem to be having filter problems again. Thanks for your patience.

There may be some comments that got lost in the filter. I’ve installed a new one so if anyone would like to try a comment please do so. If it doesn’t appear within a few hours could you please let me know by email (on contact page at top). Thanks!

How about that Justin T, a mere MP in the third party, he just never stops working, even took the time to chat with the hunger striking Chief Spence.
    He’s really got off the rails and ahead of the competition for LPC leader.
    Looks like the other hats in the ring are also-rans before they get off the ground. What a joke.

Justin is getting a lot of help from the Liberal media!

Yay! Comments are getting through again. Let’s hope this filter works better.

A joke indeed. Opportunist with a penchant for a stage also rings a bell. Could it be a ‘dramatic’ photo op? I personally was disgusted with him today more than usual.
      How convenient to have a spouse with ‘connections’…..? (because no one else @ that same network seems to be available to do anything but diss the PM or even cover him half the time so why this)

For the ‘pony’ to be used like this is one disgusting aspect but for anyone to give this Chief coverage is worse. Her people are in peril and she needs to look in the mirror not pull a personal pity party. It’s 2012 now and time to think and act like a CEO.

Well said Bec.

Great letter in today’s Post with similar thoughts:

The latest kerfuffle with native Canadians is due, I believe, to their intransigence at being held accountable for the billions the rest of shell out. I urge our Prime Minster to hold the line, while Justin Trudeau and company pander to the lowest denominator
        Adrian van den Enden, Milton, Ont.

Christy Blatchford isn’t impressed with the ‘horse manure’ surrounding the hunger strike.

This is all about accountability. Apparently we are expected to toss in the money, more and more of it and not ask that it be accounted for. We are not supposed to ask why conditions are not improving no matter how much of our tax money is GIVEN.

It’s hard to sympathize with a people who are above our laws, who go freely about this land blocking railroads, roadways or grandstanding like Spence.

I sincerely hope our PM has something to say on this soon and maybe a little surprise for those who show wanton disregard and disrespect for the country and our rule of law.

Yes indeed. The interesting thing is watching everyone on the left jump on the bandwagon (no pun intended) – unions, Occupiers, Greenpeace, Harper-Haters…

Sure, it’s a pile-on very typical and predictable from the left.

As far as I’m concerned when they go to bat for this stuff, sympathize for the sake of perceived political gain, they’re part of the problem. They’re also saying it’s OK to disrupt and ignore the laws of the land that supports them.

Rather than fuss about what the consensus media does or doesn’t do with their Liberal fawning, I’d much rather be paying attention to journos. who put out kick-ass columns like this one. Nice job Christie! Both conservatives and those looking for some truths instead of spin have choices like you and don’t have to be victims of the liberal media any longer. Unless they want to of course.