Grateful for PM Stephen Harper

I’ll agree with Joan Crockatt on one point for sure (via National Post):

“I don’t think journalism is an option once you’ve crossed the line over into politics. I wouldn’t be seen as an independent analyst anymore,” she said over the summer. “I’ve had a fantastic career as a journalist. I’ve loved every single second, but I do feel we have the best leader in the world and we have to support him.”

Indeed. We Canadians are truly blessed to have Prime Minister Stephen Harper at the helm during these turbulent times.

Related

Harper urges U.S. to avoid cliff, but looks to Asia as a backup planVancouver Sun:

“We can as a country continue to look at all these worrying developments around the world and fret, but I think what really matters is we’re going to have a lot of these kinds of problems for a while, that’s my assessment,” Harper said earlier in the day, as he attended the opening of an Canadian-managed IMAX theatre opening.

“We’ve got to focus on the mid-term and keep making the decisions and changes necessary in our own country so that we realize the opportunities to create jobs and growth, regardless of what may happen in the United States, Europe and other economies that have longer term problems.”

Great pic here of PM Stephen Harper & wife Laureen ‘getting married’.

This entry was posted in Canada-U.S. Relations, Canadian economy, Canadian Government, Harper best PM ever, Harper smartest PM ever, International news, PM Stephen Harper. Bookmark the permalink.

101 Responses to Grateful for PM Stephen Harper

1. Mary Hines says:

I too agree. I just wish “SOMEHOW” we could weed out the bias, uninformed media we have in this Country….so we could just hear the facts and not their liberal bias…. The funny thing is, these reporters are thinking they are doing such a service for their liberal party… the public are not that stupid – look where their party is right now!!…. If you watch CBC or CTV – PM Harper’s visit to India where he is trying to generate new trade for Canada – is the last story they report – just an after thought…. These bias reports, even on this trip are so busy trying in any way they can to dig up dirt they are hoping with “stick”… to this Government. They would much sooner report hours on the student movement ripping apart this Country then anything good our Government is doing… They sure are a “sick” bunch and everyone knows it!

I was hoping Mary Hines, that they (media) would all migrate to USA just as americans especially businessmen are migrating to canada or moving their business to canada.

CTV CBC would sooner have Ahmadinejad as their PM than PM Harper.

If you choose to listen,read and watch Liberal media then you’ll continue to be frustrated.

We no longer have to do that.

The choice is ours.

I think that Canadians are a smart bunch, and stopped listening to the consensus media two federal elections ago. It’s because I think they’re intelligent that I think that Canadians are weeding out the bias all by themselves…..WITH a little help from those list of pundits (who Hurricane Sandy Crux used to have on her blog) who deserve our readership and viewership.

We’re not victims of he MSM unless we want to be.

• Mary Hines says:

Richco – you are absolutely right. I have “Sun TV” on all day when I am home…. I listen to Ezra faithfully, but sometimes I do turn on “the National” just for the general news…but just a few minutes of Peter or Lisa is all I can stand… Watching their smirks, and anti PM Harper bias… is so evident – can’t take it…. In the evening sometimes I watch Fox as well -

• Hurricane Sandy Crux! hahahahahahahah.Gave up the list after the May 2011 election because it was only meant to be short-term. The other reason was that I was actually getting Contact Form messages from media who felt they should be on the list — who I definitely didn’t think should be on the list. Which said to me that most do not even realize they are biased.

Good post Jo.

Thanks Sandy. ;)

It is nice to take a break from railing against the horrible Ontario situation, and simply be appreciative of the wonderful Prime Minister we have and the terrific country we live in.

You dam right PM we cannot wait for Obama to make up his mind especially when he had the opportunity to do so during his last term in Office. We have people to feed, and waiting is not an option that is why you are proceeding to do business with other countries.

3. Frances says:

Loved the picture, but the comments beneath the article were really bad.

Take a look at this which I found at Dr. Roy’s blog.

• bettie says:

I know I found his blog discouraging. He claims to be a Christian, but he doesn’t pay attention to God’s Word through Paul the Apostle in Romans chapter 1. How anyone could claim to be gay, let along promote it, and a Christian at the same time is beyond me.

This picture would be featured on the news networks and front page feature on all the newspapers if it were Chretien or Martin or any Liberal PM.
    We really need to revolt against the media rags, they are not reporting news and keeping us informed , their agenda driven to ignore all positive news about the PM or keep us informed about his accomplishments. If we have to do our own digging there’s no need to support biased papers. We get more from foreign newspapers who respect our PM,
    Thank God for the internet.

I don’t know for sure Liz J. but I’m betting that the PM’s ok with not having this on the front pages. He likely is quite aware that those who care will find the photo no matter who carries it or not. If they don’t there’s always the Internet.

The news show I watch carried this….that’s all that matters to me.

It’s also been a very packed couple of news weeks globally and internationally.

Which means we’ve heard and read nothing of Baby Trudeau either.

• bettie says:

The picture was accompanied by a very nice article… but the comments were vile. How can people do that? Who writes them? I know we believe in free speech and all, but these comments are vicious lies, and, I think, shouldn’t be allowed.

they reel in the reader to keep reading.
        Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
        Some media are desperate.

Yes we should be thankful for a quiet, calm dignified Leader.
    We are the best run Country on the planet.
    Looking at the man-child that has been reelected in the US.
    The comments after the lovely picture of the Harpers are small and spiteful, losing does that to some people.
    PM Harpers trip to India to seal the trade deal is huge for Canadian business, billions of dollars in contracts.
    Jobs, Jobs, Jobs.
    What do we get from her Majesties Loyal Opposition, just whining about the cost of staying safe in a dangerous world.
    Their Media cheerleaders chime in like trained seals, just Harper derangement syndrome.
    Take a deep breath Media, and gaze at your picture of Lil’ Justin.
    If the NDP-Q or the third place Liberals were running things we would have billions of dollars in carbon tax to pay.
    To fix an imaginary, made up “crisis”.
    The opposition think taxes and bureaucrats are the way to create wealth and prosperity.
    The stock exchange in the US continues to tank, MacDonald’s profits are down 10%, people can’t afford a big mac.
    The only companies doing well are Smith and Wesson and Ruger.
    Troubling.

• Mary Hines says:

When Baby Trudeau came to Halifax last year… it was news – (for a minute) the cost of his “special wine and the most expensive steaks available on earth”……… but that was okay…. because he is “Your Highness”….. everyone laughed about it – he was use to it… and it all should be made available to him – where ever he goes….

Well here is the hangover, did ya have fun?
    Well ya woke up next to something really ugly and frightening.
    This is the tip of the iceberg, change, hope, forward, over the cliff lemmings.
    The comments, one lady has a hundred employees, she said most voted for Obama.
    Well they got what they wished for.
    The ones that are lucky enough to still work will be part time.
    I really like the one where the man said he never understood what his dad was talking about, get out of the UN etc.
    Now he understands, elections have consequences beyond free contraception and same sex marriage.
    Maybe I am too old to understand, Bubbette and I have been havin’ the same sex for 45 years.

• wilson says:

On CNN the pundits jaws dropped cuz the O is taking off to visit Burma instead of hanging around to ‘fix’ the economy…. Erin Burnett says dismayed ‘so everything is the same’.
      Well duh, the media were instrumental in electing the ‘same’. If they wanted ‘change’ they should have backed the other guy.

Yes Bubba and just wait until those Obama champions ring in the New Year to the tune of paying more taxes which kick in on January 1st.

No left holding that bag but the community organizer himself.

It’s SHOCKING, Bubba and I’m still scraping myself off the ceiling. If there are those that don’t believe the media is indeed complicit in this mess, they are naive.
      I can tell you that we have Canadian youth, 20’s over 30’s who were interested in the US election and got ALL of their info from CNN, twitter and facebook. THEY are the future and until this affects them directly, they simply will not get it. They were much like the morons on the comments re the PM and Mrs Harper. They are media addicted sponges and young Hollywood assisted in their indoctrination. These are entitled, spoiled people who want everything for nothing and they got their wish. It’s frightening.

Thanks to Ontario voters, we have the best PM our country has seen, ever ! (and without Quebec).
    The Harper Govt has kept our country strong while the other G8 countries struggle, just as he and Flaherty promised.

If the Coalition of Losers had been successful, the following would not be happening (national media not interested in good news coming from the prairies, it wouldn’t help Mulcair or Libs), instead, the CL would shut down our oilsands:

First bitumen upgrader in 30 years (just announced go ahead) starts construction in early 2013;
    $20 Billion investment with 8000 jobs on the horizon, not including 10’s of thousands of spin off jobs.
    So if anyone out there is thinking of moving to Alberta, regardless of your work experience/education, look to Redwater, Gibbons, Fort Saskatchewan…. 2013 this region (1 hour north of Edmonton) is going to boom!!!

As usual, Ontario manufacturing will get a much needed boost from this project.
    So it’s good news for all!!

9. Bill says:

Marriage equality, reproductive freedom, unhindered access to women’s reproductive choices, affirmative action, open immigration welcoming 80% people of colour, protecting the rights of criminal offenders, limiting hurtful speech from people like Pastor Terry Jones while protecting the freedom of speech for Tariq Ramadan and other Muslim Brotherhood promoters at the 11th annual “Reviving The Islamic Sprit“ convention, protecting the rights of a child solider and his family who are being persecuted for their belief in Islam and accused of being terrorists, protecting freedom of religion so that Muslims can pray in public schools, declaring Quebec a “nation-within-a-nation” and giving tens of millions of dollars and apologizing to someone accused of being a terrorist form Syria.

Grateful indeed! I just wonder what the heck is gonna happen when hair due Trudeau is PM? I guess we’re all screwed then eh?

I am very Thankful we have Prime Minister Stephen Harper guiding our country through these troubled financial times.
    Keep up the good work Conservative government.

Video of the PM in India playing floor hockey:

Link to HOW Canadian Conservative Government of Canada treats our vets

• bettie says:

In comments on a CTV post, some veterans said other countries’ veterans look on Canadian vets with envy. According to them, Canada treats its veterans better than most. But that is not mentioned by the media. They (the media) are spoiling Remembrance Day for me to a certain extent with all their negativity.

My cousin’s boy was killed in Afghanistan, and the gov’t has been very thoughtful of them, bringing them to Afghanistan so they could see where their boy last trod. Also, it seems that they may have brought them to Trenton for the unveiling of the new monument, as I understand it. (Little fuzzy on the exact details).

13. bettie says:

I agree with those of you who say we have a fine, upstanding and outstanding Prime Minister who works so very, very hard. I can’t believe how he keeps on the go.. and never looks hassled (sometimes he looks tired). You don’t hear about him taking holidays down in the Carribean like other pms (not that there’s anything wrong with that). He is smart and works for the good of the country, both present and future. Negative unfair remarks about our Prime Minister make my blood boil!! I wonder if the opposition parties have people lined up each day just to send in all those horrible comments in the Globe and Mail, CBC, etc.

14. Goody says:

Its nice to see how other countries honor and respect our Prime Minister and his wife ,sadly they don’t get a lot of respect at home especially from the media.

15. Mary Hines says:

When you read the “vile” comments about our PM – you realize these are the very people who are teaching values to our next generation…… Sometimes I think our young people do not show respect – but then you look at these comments and realize – these are their teachers. Maybe you don’t like our PM… maybe you would sooner have Justin Trudeau running our Country – where up-to-now he has shown no policy – and to me, at a table of leaders from around the World speaking on behalf of Canada just scares the heck out of me….. but if that is the wish of the people of Canada – so be it… But right now, we have PM Harper and we should show respect… and if we can’t say anything good – then wait your turn and praise PM Trudeau….

PH is rising Asian ‘tiger’
    Canadian PM bullish, vows more investment
    By Michael Lim Ubac
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    12:09 am | Sunday, November 11th, 2012

I am proud of our country and our leadership. PM Harper represents Canada better than anyone has in my lifetime, and I’ve been watching since the early 1960’s. He is, without a doubt, a man of the people, even though he is often not recognized as that or applauded as he should be, at home. So, he ably shines his light on the world stage and demonstrates the class of Western democracy. (A prophet is often shunned in his hometown, and so too in his home country.) It is despicable to read the seething, vitriolic hatred for Mr. Harper in dingy places like The Globe and Mail. It never ceases to amaze me when I witness the unfounded contempt people have for him, expressed with such aggressive ignorance. One would conclude we have a real despot for a Prime Minister if your only sources were Lefty media outlets and the absolute morons who put forth their garbage commentaries. Even though we now have a sound and stable majority government, I’m starting to feel a little unsettled because of our vast citizenry of discontent; a people, “our people”, in juggernaut mode, forging back toward the Liberal wastelands with reckless abandon. Trudeau Lite, waiting in the wings, with no substance – just name, youth, and hair – and so ready to capitalize on gullible Canadians. Post-U.S. election, I’m also disturbed by our mainstream Canadian support (approx. 73%) for the renewed Obomba administration. Forgive me, but sometimes I just don’t feel too Canadian, or, am I one of the last Canadians? I find myself always in the minority. I’m hearing that even our Majority government was achieved on, what, not quite 4 of 10 voting Conservative? Sorry, but I’m getting a bit paranoid. It seems there’s a Lefty ambush waiting at every corner, and the Lamestream Media is there to amplify it. Mr. Harper is doing a great job in India, but you have to go to Sun Media to hear the real deal. The facts of life are NOT kind to our present Leadership. I AM THANKFUL for PM Harper, our freedom, and heritage so rich and wonderful. Praise God for our veterans and those of our service personnel who sacrificed so much of themselves to keep it so.

• Mary Hines says:

Such a well written piece. It really makes me “sad” too when I read such distain written about our PM. I have tried to analysis some of it, and I honestly feel it is the MSM that pushes this hatred toward PM Harper. They follow him around trying in any way they can to discredit him, if he makes a slip – they have it on TV for days, bring in their special panels to talk about it for days….and the young people of our day and the ordinary people, this is all they get. You have to pay for Sun – the other side of the coin… so this is pushed 24/7…..However, when the opposition slips – it is never reported or if it is, very little. The media spew hatred every day towards our PM…. If he is in India, it is the cost of taking his car – not what good he is doing there and when it is revealed that it was the RCMP that said that car was needed for protection, it is barely reported and the damage is done. I am not sure just what they are trying to accompolish, except produce a Country where no one shows respect except when their liberal party is in and then it is too late. I also think the liberal supporters along with the media are much more hostile….I would no more write the vile stuff about a liberal leader what I have read written. There are many times – especially when a previous leader punched someone in the face – which was hardly covered by the media….that I could of written mean things. I think we are a different “bred of people” – If the liberals are in power – so be it… but to write this hatred that the liberal media does day in and day out… with their smears constantly…. no wonder the main stream of people pick up on it. When you have two networks working around the clock trying in any way to smear our PM, what can we expect from the ordinary people… Our coverage of the PM – is about the last thing they report…. Listen to the Obama election – according to our media, it was reported as the best thing since sliced bread, well they will soon find out how Obama is going to be – the last 4 years haven’t been so great, however, he won – and if you listen to true facts, their media did the same and can be credited with witholding unreported facts that got him elected……..Why don’t they report the facts, and allow us to make up our mind…. One news anchor we have now chased the young people around Vancouver when the G8 was going on – just hoping and praying something would take place so they could say PM Harper should not have held the meeting there…. nothing about what was accompolished at that meeting. It is really getting bad and very hard as just an ordinary Canadian, proud of our Country, proud of our PM to watch such blatant hatred for perhaps the best PM in the world right now…. I wish we could do something about it before it is too late.

“Stephen Harper marks Remembrance Day in Hong Kong” by David Akin in the Sun should make those who think he should be home realize he’s honouring those Canadians who made the ultimate sacrifice and suffered in that place. The fact there’s a 91 year old veteran who also suffered imprisonment there able to make the trip makes it even more special.
    Stephen Harper is doing it right, he’s the best PM in memory, it’s eating the hearts out of the political opposition who are more about their political power than how the country is faring under the management of Stephen Harper.

We have a level headed economist at the helm when we need it most and that will prove even more important since the US made the grave error of re-electing Obama.

• Mary Hines says:

Let’s band together and somehow get that word out…..I know we are there…. it is exposing and getting the other side of the story told….

Some people just have an irrational, visceral hatred for the PM, and nothing you can say will change their minds.

Perhaps there are some in the middle who may be swayed with quiet facts that Canadian media try to hide.

Just as in the States we have to make the media party take responsibility for their bias. Too many people still swallow whatever the media tell them. They need to start widening their media consumption patterns.

Actually I found that Mansbridge on CBC did a respectable job of explaining that if the PM were in Ottawa today he would, as a matter of protocol of the service not be able to offer up a speech or words of any kind whatsoever, and that he took the time in Hong Kong to do so. There was no twist or malice from Pete IMO.

From the twit TW (CBC) who is WITH the PM? Well, I don’t respect him anyway so don’t pay attention to what he says. It was neither good or bad….just his usual diet of pablum.

• Mary Hines says:

Thanks for that…. I refused to turn the CBC on today…. I do watch – but very little, a bit of news coverage on the CBC – but I always find they try so hard not to mention our PM when he is present any more than they absolutely have to….Peter always pretends in so many ways – he is just not there and show him as little as they have to……. He must of been very happy today not to have him present.

I usually never watch CBC. I did today though because I found all other networks lacking in broadcasts. That NEVER happens usually…maybe because it was a Sunday?

I found today’s coverage by CBC gave more coverage to the people and stories of veterans and youth assembled.

Very few shots of politicos at all which is as it should be IMO

• Mary Hines says:

Love your assessment of the “Twit”…. that man makes my “blood run cold”….and the smirk he always ends his little rant with….enough to say – I did it this time…. He had a big article that the PM was heading to India…. means he didn’t travel much or out of the Country until he became PM, what that had to do with this trip – no one knows…. Wonder how often he went to India until we as taxpayers paid for his trips……… He is such an twit…. you are so right -

Back in Obama’s USA Long Island is still in a mess and POTUS is off playing golf. No need for any more photo-ops I guess but the optics stink.

Wondering if the media would be going all out to seek out a Conservative leader who made the mess of this province McGuinty has made and gone into hiding to continue with wreaking havoc with the economy of this province?

great source of how we can truly support and remember our military and the sacrifices they willingly have made for the cause of freedom and peace

Thanks for the Fh. Not sure if I’ll have time to put up a Remembrance Day post but everyone please feel free to add your thoughts to this one. Thanks.

We understand Jo
    link to favourite and always on Jo’s blog
    “A pittance of time”

by Terry Kelly

That’s certainly one of my favourites.

I’m experiencing a relapse of a nasty cold that I thought I was over. Head feels like mush.

Jo, I hope you feel better quickly.
        thank you for all the work and research you put into your Blog.
        we all appreciate the PRIVILEDGE of coming to your Blog and having our rants published.

Did anyone tune in to the broadcast from Ottawa? Did anyone else notice that among those dignitaries assemble for this Rememberence that the NDP leader was not sporting a poppy. I’d like to know why?

I do not know if you read this:

Friday, September 28, 2012

Canada the Model

I’m even thankful for The Slop & Pail today. This is about as close as you’ll get to a pretty fair analysis of the PM from a lefty rag… http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/second-reading/in-asia-harper-displays-his-better-side/article5182781/# Lots of vitriol in there of course, but there are a few people standing up for Mr. Harper and his integrity. We can be thankful we stand with the minority, and we still got a Majority!! Trudeau Lite’s deception of the Canadian voters has advanced billing, so we’d better keep our mortars loaded and be ready to defend the Right.

That is a fascinating article! It’s almost as if they are grudgingly giving the PM credit. (Globe only allows 3 freebies a day now, so be choosy.)

I love this part:

“Regarding China, he observes that rapid economic gains without rising political freedoms will increase tensions in that country, with consequences that are both hard to predict and potentially important for the rest of the world. He leaves the impression of someone who is curious, attentive and strategic.

Mr. Harper’s more detailed comments were about immigration policy, the scope of the changes he has been making and the reasons why he thinks they are important for Canada. Naturally, voters will not all agree with what he has to say.

But, whether you like his thinking on this issue or not, there’s no mistaking where he’s coming from. He believes it’s critical that Canada compete for immigrants who can help our economy grow, especially given our own shifting demographics. He describes policy shifts that seem coherent, disciplined, and consistent with meeting this objective.”

Thank you to all the veterans out there. You have made Canada proud. You are our heroes. You define what a Canadian is, what our Canadian identity is. Thanks to you we have the opportunity to live life to the fullest in Canada.

In Ottawa Rabbi Bulka gave another one of his outstanding tributes to our Canadian veterans. He has done so on many of these occasions. On the count of three, today, he asked the crowd to shout out “Thank You” to our veterans. That was terrific and moving for them.

Rabbi Bulka went on to say we can demonstrate our gratitude to our war vets by building our lives and our country into the very best they can be.

In the past, I’ve told many Dutch that if the Canadian vets who lost their lives in the Netherlands could see how well the country has developed since the war they would realize that their efforts were of exceptional value, that the Dutch were worth fighting for.

Sunday Night with Rabbi Bulka – 580 CFRA News Talk Radio

The 2012 video is not available yet but here’s the 2009 video to give you an idea of how “special” this man is:

We’ve heard Rabbi Bulka on CFRA many times over the years and he is really exceptional. IMO, one of Canada’s very best.

O/T – Here in Ontario it’s back to the future for our students as secondary school teachers step up their job action. Strikes threaten. It’s for the good of the students right?…..NOT!

Actually, this is one way to force McGuinty to open the Legislature again. If teachers go on strike for long enough the gov’t will have to reconvene to legislate them back to work. Too bad kids and parents are caught in the cross fire.

Surprise! Gerard Kennedy has tossed his hat and tongue in the ring for the what could turn out to be the biggest booby prize in political history.

Did Gerard repay his EC loans?

• jon says:

Had a feeling Kennedy would get in at some point. Quite an ego on a guy who, in spite of so many personal failings from a failed leadership bid, losing his own seat in Fortress Liberal and someone who, at best, demonstrates questionable judgment by naming Dion Lib leader, looks in the mirror in the morning and while adjusting his tie, sees the face of the next premier of Ontario looking back at him.

Since he has ZERO chance of winning, any guesses on what position he’ll be running for next? Mayor of Toronto, perhaps? And looking beyond that failed bid, what will be next? There won’t be much remaining…. he’ll have to wait to get appointed to something, I guess. Hopefully, he ends up back where he started — at the food bank… this time as a recipient.

Ouch! ;)

Yes, and let’s not forget that it was Kennedy as Education Minister that was the first of a line of Ministers to pander to the teacher unions, vilify everything that Harris did, AND commissioned a study that lead to a HUGE clawback in Special Education funding across the province.

Kennedy’s a loser no matter how we slice it IMO.

Jo I think I am in filter

Watched that clip and couldn’t agree more. We as Conservatives are not being well served by the current leadership.

It’s time we dump the “progressive” and come out swinging as real Conservatives but who are we gonna call? I happen to think John Yakabuski would be a good leader but he’s not from Toronto so he’s never considered.

Tim Hudak is the best leader to get Ontario back on track
    we heard the same tired diatribe about our current PM Stephen Harper before he was elected PM in 2006
    his (Stephen Harper’s ) team was not strong, etc.
    why do we ( Conservatives ) trust the media to give us reliable information about our party
    get out to town halls talk to Tim Hudak
    he has the best plan for Ontario We Ontarians need to get our support out for Tim Hudak

Where is he then fh? Why isn’t he slagging all of that fodder the Liberals and Liberal media are giving away almost daily?

Stop joining the BACK STABBING crew that has been the Liberals down fall for years
    we need support we need input not put down
    support our Conservative candidates

I don’t think it’s exactly backstabbing to show frustration at not being able to defeat the worst government we’ve had in this province ever.
      The media is running about reporting on all the Liberals tossing their hats in the ring to lead the devastation left by McGuinty and Tim Hudak can’t find a spare few minutes for SunNews?

fh – in my community we did the right thing and turfed the McGuinty Liberals last election. Why? Because our PC candidate was(and is) the best choice for us locally.

We will do it again. Honestly, though it’s not because of who the PC leader is.

Both he and Horwath are missing opportunities as the SNN spot suggests.

The silent treatment happened ahead of the last provincial election too. We noticed it here. I hope Hudak doesn’t make the same mistake twice.

PM Stephen Harper was criticized for shaking hands with his children as he saw them off to school
    Tim Hudak is constantly criticized for putting the health of his daughter Miller first
    I prefer a man who knows what is important in his life and looks after what is important I can trust this leader to always put what is important for Ontario first

this site will keep us up to date on Tim Hudak and his platform for Ontario

Now another freaking poll says Canadians trust the NDP to lead the country.

Anyone know what happens if an outsider, Pupatello, Kennedy is chosen Liberal leader? Without a seat would they be Premier, but be unable to vote in any non confidence motion? Pupatello was musing in the Star about calling a byelection before she reconvened the legislature (assuming she won). If this were possible, Ont would have no sitting legislature till sometime in Mar about 5 months duration. What are the powers of an unelected Premier?

See here http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1284680–sandra-pupatello-quits-bay-st-job-to-seek-ontario-liberal-leadership

Wouldn’t this be a scenario for the Lieutenant Governor who granted McGuinty his parole be called upon to appoint someone to lead the Legislature given the dire mess this province is in?

I guess McGuinty would retain his seat and vote in case of a non condidence motion. He must plan on retining his seat as long as they are in a dangerous minority situation.

Pupatello’s idea is almost too arrogant for Ontarians to consider, a non elected leader setting byelection dates.

Don’t scream “what about Rob Ford for Premier?”

Ralphie K. was the mayor of Calgary before taking on Premiership of Alberta.

if a big IF the Ontario NDP showed a willingness to work with the Ontario PC’s the new Premier could be named immediately it is within the power of Ontario’s Lt Governor
    Any one think a coalition could become a reality?

Salaries of Canadian Members of Parliament
    can be found at this site

Jo I am in filter

this could be interesting nothing new but similar to Canada and Provinces disputes

The scuttlebutt on Twitter is that Lorrie Goldstein was among the cuts at Sun!

Jo — I sure hope you are wrong about Lorrie! I have been having security problems so I just moved to an entirely new location. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. crux-of-the-matter.com will still get bloggers there but the actual URL is: cruxofthematterblog.wordpress.com.