Dalton McGuinty is stepping down!!!
* * * *
Christina Blizzard isn’t mincing words in her latest column – Gas plant scandal should finish McGuinty Liberals:
Let’s just call it the way it is.
Premier Dalton McGuinty lied.
Liberal House leader John Milloy lied. Energy Minister Chris Bentley lied.
They all assured us, solemn-faced, that all the documents regarding the controversial cancellation of two power plants — one in Mississauga, the other in Oakville — had been released.
Then, on a Friday afternoon on a week when the House isn’t sitting, the Ontario Power Authority quietly dumped another 20,000 documents…
The McGuinty Government is obviously either incompetent or deceitful – or possibly a dangerous mixture of the two.
The question now is how will Ontarians react? It used to be that the top two parties were the default options, but now the NDP is gaining ground and that might embolden Andrea Horwath to join Tim Hudak in voting non-confidence. But the leaders will need input from the voters as to how enraged they are, and what the next step should be.
Has Dalton McGuinty overstayed his welcome as Premier? Let them know.
* * * *
Phantom Observer has a new poll up: Do You Think The McGuinty Government Will Survive Its 2013 Budget? Frankly I would have a hard time making a decision on this one. It shouldn’t survive – but will it? Depends how much more incompetence and lying the opposition leaders can stomach I guess.
This is on the CTV Kitchener website - More documents on cancelled gas plants released: PCs want Bentley’s resignation:
The Tories said they would pursue a second contempt motion, this time including Premier Dalton McGuinty and government house leader John Milloy, who also told the legislature that all relevant documents had been released.
Of course John Milloy is MPP for Kitchener Centre. For now.