Rise UP, Canada!

A new day is dawning. We don’t have to listen to that old, tired liberal media any more! No more yelling at the TV.

Sun News Network is giving us another option.

Yes, our expectations are high for some fair and balanced news and no doubt it can’t live up to all our hopes and dreams on every level. But anything is better than the pathetic choices we have now. David Akin at his most partisan has got to be better than Terry Milewski at any time right?

And just think – We don’t have to worry about having to stomach a constant diet of Lisa LaFlamme when Lloyd Robertson retires at the end of this year!

Or as Wilson said last night, “Well, I’m going to go watch the 11 o’clock CTV news for the last time!!!!!!! hahahaha”.

I’m looking forward to a choice in programming and a new perspective. Freedom of speech  is a right worth fighting for.

Please support Sun News Network. The others have a head-start with funding. This is important for Canadian democracy.

Update

O.K.  I have to admit this is classy.

Tuesday Update

A Damned Breath of Fresh AirTrusty Tory

Levant’s show raises ire of Toronto imamJoe Warmington, Sun

Thank you Liberal Party donors!!!Rightchik

This entry was posted in CBC past best-before date, democracy, Follow the money, Freedom of Speech, grassroots power, Media Issues, Media Party, MSM, MSM bias, Your tax-dollars. Bookmark the permalink.

316 Responses to Rise UP, Canada!

PET Cemetery Survey Result.

9 out of 10 Liberals say,

>>> Recall Citoyen Kyoto Dionky.

“Thomlinson agrees that the Liberals have a case of what used to be called “great man syndrome.”

“Maioni says the Liberal Party has a tendency to look to its leader as a “white knight,” a leader who will guide the party to victory. “And when that white knight doesn’t materialize or deliver the gold, there’s not much room for that person anymore in the party,” she says.”

“If Ignatieff can’t deliver win, will he stay chief?”

2. bert says:

I had the TV on at 6 A.M just to make sure I had it.No real programming till 5 PM,but I have the fox channel.66 in Ottawa on Rogers.They will be showing primers all day until the Launch at 5 P.M.

When Donny Newman and Maggie Atwood are whining about a new TV channel offering balance we know it’s a good thing.

The timing couldn’t be better after what we’ve been enduring throughout the election campaign from the MSM. The bias has been there for everyone to see every day with the likes of Milewski and the other sundry twits.

4. Michael Harkov says:

I said this at the end of the last thread, but since we have a new one here so soon after, I think that it should be given som air again.

Two weeks to go. Watch the s**t start hitting the fan now –

I’m so jealous of you people who get SUN TV. I’m moving next month, so I will use that time to switch cable providers. In the meantime, if you guys can ,please post any snippets of their broadcasts.

5. batb says:

O Happy Day!!

‘Hope this is helpful, it’s from SNN’s Web site:

Here are the channels on which to watch Sun News Network’s launch today at 4:30 p.m. ET:

Bell TV – Channel 213

Shaw Digital – Channel 177

Shaw Direct – Channels 149 and 517

Shaw Cable (Hamilton) – Channel 21

Rogers (Toronto) – Channel 15

Rogers (Ottawa) – Channels 66 or 142

Cogeco Cable (Hamilton) – Channel 16

Videotron – Channels 79 and 679

NOTE: Channels can vary by market. Check your local listings for either Sun News or Sun TV and you’ll find us! If you can’t find it, call your local provider to make sure they offer Sun News ASAP!

6. @aka_pooch says:

Bell–213, 1055 high def. wide

7. Michael Harkov says:

So now Ignatieff is telling us that the PM is fear-mongering about Quebec separtatism, eh?

Excuse me, but that jerk-*** wasn’t even here during either referendum, so what the hell does HE know about our fears? While WE were experiencing our worst nightmare, wondering if our country was falling apart right in front of us, this carpet-bagging dilettane, this “man of the world”, was anywhere BUT here.

It isn’t any clearer than this, and it is a message that will resonate easily within the next two weeks. The separtatist agenda is on the rise again; they’ve even said as much. Now, we can have a strong and stable majority government or a coalition or “co-operative” government that is being propped up by the very people that want to destroy it’s unity at a time when separatist sentiment is on the rise again. People will remember Chretien, weeping and crying like a baby when our country came within a hair of being lost under The Liberals’ “leadership”. Now Ignatieff tells us not buy into the fear. What an easy choice to make.

CPAC is having a talk radio show from Halifax call in show for the next 3 hours. Could be interesting??With Jordi Morgan 95.7……..might be LIBERAL ??

1-877-801-8255 Call in number…………………..Peter McKay is going to be on

Harkov, I’d like to see PMSH incorporate the “chaotic, Italian-style parliament” comment from former PQ leader Parizeau into his speeches, with Parizeau adding that a coalition that includes the Bloc would help lay the groundwork for the next sovereignty referendum. What a gift to Harper!

10. Michael Harkov says:

Yes, Jon! We need to remind everyone that Parizeau himself was delighted that the Bloc would be helping to form a coalition, and we should be getting Canadians to ask why that made the separatists so happy. We should be reminding them with links like these -

11. Michael Harkov says:

His (Parizeau) comments reflect those of the current PQ leader Pauline Marois who is using the crisis to advance her own cause in the provincial election campaign. She says the agreement allows Quebec to get $1-billion in equalization payments it would not have otherwise had. On the other hand, Ms. Marois also says the crisis shows the Canadian federation no longer functions and Quebec should separate.

Come on Canada, it is either a stable majority government or this. Is this what you REALLY want?

12. greenleaf says:

I am so excited, I see SunTV has a countdown at Eastlink channel 610, bye bye CBC,CTV and Global!

I’m watching that too OG and so far it’s been really fair. Nova Scotia, baffles me. We lived there for a while and figuring out why they vote the way they do (so much military) was always a contradiction.

On a side note……is anyone with Shaw seeing the new channel yet? Neither 177 or 517 is there for us yet! I want a countdown clock too…

14. Sammy says:

Watching the countdown clock for Sun TV,is more interesting than the cbc/ctv spin! Wooooo-hoooooo,can’t wait.This is my Christmas for sure!!!!

15. Alberta Girl says:

Bec…I just checked on my SHAW and can’t even get those channels…I want a clock too!!!

16. Lorraine says:

Good morning all. There will be a “rising up” today of Sun TV News. Don’t expect them to be a conservative live in though-there is no such thing as a “perfect” government no matter how hard one wants it to be or how opposition spins they will be sinless.
    But we are hoping for balance, fairness and truth- I’m sure if that is not evident in Sun News they will hear from all sides of the spectrum.

AG – Call up and complain!!

Author: greenleaf
    Comment:

I am with Eastlink cable but I don’t see anything on channel 610?

I see the CPAC call in has had some woman already saying she is concerned about the contempt issue and the Govt. is a dictatorship. How can anyone be so brain dead stupid?? Liberal Jeff Reagan on (PUKE)…Leslie Megan(NDP) scheduled too(yuk)Guess its mute time.

19. Joe says:

I think it pertinent to note that Duceppe said that the best way to destroy Canada is to have the ROC vote for Igntatieff or Layton. Words that need to be spread near and far. If you love this nation.

20. Garfield says:

I often check out Peeair Dorque’s aggregator to see what headline re-writes he has done.
    Today he corrupted the National Post story on the SunNews startup to read “Dawn breaks for right-wing meat-puppet TV”. The actual headline reads “Dawn Breaks for Right Wing Television”.
    He is such a jerk, always good for a laugh though!

21. Alberta Girl says:

OK – I actually went to the SHAW Direct website – Nada!

I WILL be calling! Nothing on their “preview channel” either.

22. Michael Harkov says:

I’m an Eastlink subscriber, too. I managed to find this Tweet about SUN NEWS from Eastlink -

@rbatherson In Halifax on April 19th look for Sun TV to convert to Sun News on Channel 610

It is dark, but I see it on my channel guide, and I live in Ontario. So it looks like us Eastlink subscribers might be getting it as some point, too. Hopefully! :D

23. Alberta Girl says:

OK – I even went to their twitter page…LOL…not that I even understand it.

This tweet was there.

SunNewsNetwork Attention Shaw Direct subscribers: Sun News Network will be on channel 517 (Classic) and channel 149 (Advanced).

I guess they will put the channel on later today? anyway, I am still phoning if I don’t find it by noon.

24. E. Mac says:

Beautiful logo and Hi-Def to boot.
    Only 8 hours and counting to Blastoff.
    I hope I’m not being overzealous in my expectations from SUN TV but I expect a nice counterbalance to the swamp-water we have been fed by the other networks.
    Had inserted all the available channels for SUN TV in my local newspaper and within minutes I had a number of thumbs down.
    It goes to prove the lefties are just beside themselves and are terrified of SUN TV.
    Like a new day dawning, don’t you just love it?
    Go SUN, go!

25. Alberta Girl says:

“I often check out Peeair Dorque’s aggregator to see what headline re-writes he has done”

I wonder what happened between him and the Conservatives – he used to be quite fair to the CPC and Adler had him on all the time? I wonder if he wanted the CPC to sponsor him and they refused. Looks like the Liberals took him up on it.

26. J says:

It seems unfortunately Shaw Direct is only offering Sun News in certain areas. I called and was basically told, sorry it’s not available in your area unless you upgrade your receiver & Package. I am not happy about this at all has anyone else experienced this? i’m in BC.

Just called Eastlink cable AGAIN. She said if you have sun channel it will be switching to Sun TV News. Eastlink doesn’t have it. It would be months before we would get it IF they decide to provide it…. there is a long process to go through like contracts would need to be signed, talks, demand..bla bla….same old stories. I told her people all over the internet are talking about Eastlink not having it and a lot of other cable co all over Ontario are providing it. I said they would be losing mega money because people will be cancelling their service with them. I mentioned BELL and she said…Go ahead and call them and do you want to cancel NOW?She was a bit on the snooty side. I said I would wait and see what other co. could accomadate me first….I also said I get CBC and Al Jesser which I don’t want and pay for so why not Sun TV? Anyway, bottom line forget it with Eastlink.

29. soundofmusak says:

Anyone in Gatineau-Hull-Aylmer can get SunNewsNetwork on Vidéotron CH9.

Something none of us are talking about. Think the UK. I have a feeling that if the final count was close, Layton and the NDP would back up the Conservatives. Not in an official pact but a case by case basis. Layton is no fool and he has seen how Ignatieff has tried to sideline he and his party this time around.

Remember the smile at the beginning of the debate and the joking between the PM and Layton. There is respect there, the beginnings of a working relationship.

Who knows. Anything is possible. But Stephen Harper is not going to simply roll over and play dead. He will fight tooth and nail. Maybe even another prorogation.

In other words, keep the faith guys. No matter what the final tally says, it aint over till its over (and I don’t mean it like Peter Mansbridge did on At Issue last Thursday night).

Sandy – I agree that there could be a few things he could do. No need to prorogue even. Just delay the recall of Parliament for a while. I was reading this morning that even a 75 day delay isn’t unreasonable. Gives everyone a chance to cool off.

32. Albertaguy says:

I phoned Shaw this morning and the guy told me that Sun TV will be on channel 177 on digital but won’t start until 3.30 MDT. I thought they would at least show a test pattern but it defaults to channel 200 which is an HD channel that I don’t get.

I called Bell…They just do satellite service. They put it on your roof and a small attachment to your TV and you will get Sun TV News channel. You have to make an appt. for the guy to come and do it. Not sure if they allow anything on the roof here…I live in a condo building. Think I will just have to rely on updates from bloggers unless eastlink does something. Oh well…I tried.Very nice friendly customer service at bell, i should add.

Not sure if they allow anything on the roof here…I live in a condo building.

Might be worth checking into Ontario Girl.

Well you’ll be able to tell by our reaction whether it is worth pursuing. But what price do you put on your sanity? ;)

34. Michael Harkov says:

Just put up a new post. If you have any friends or relatives thinking of voting Liberal, send them my link — which is about the Cap and Trade system the Liberals don’t want to talk about. Greenshift # 2 and carbon tax by another name. I used Lorrie Goldstein’s column yesterday.

That is not just stupid that is disgusting! I remember how Kady O’Malley flipped out over a video made by that young blogging Torie in BC. He even had to apologize.
    Waiting to see if Kady O calls out this blogger?

Question for Layton, where is he going to get a doctor for every canadian, right now, how is he going to solve poverty for seniors right now. What does he call poverty.

Author: Michael Harkov
    Comment:
    Okay, now they’re just getting stupid -

I call it worse then stupid…more like a law suit. Guns on the street was mild…now they have Harper hanging people and calling him a murderer?This is insulting , disgusting, pathetic and down right desperate. I am SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!and sickened.

39. Peterb says:

Why is seeking a majority considered a criminal offense all of a sudden? Hasn’t every political party since democratic elections began had that as their goal – get a majority.
    How has that narrative been twisted and why? Should some one ask Ignatieff are you not seeking a majority?

Alberta Girl says:
    April 18, 2011 at 8:46 am
    OK – I actually went to the SHAW Direct website – Nada!

AG, my son just told me as written on Sun’s newspaper that that Shaw airs SunTV at 2pm.
    How true they keep their word remains to be seen.

Yesterday watching a preview of EZRA , it didn’t take him to long to complain about CBC , how much they get from the public and so on.

The condo manager said there are satellite dishes on the roof now but hidden and go ahead. BUT he said satellite dishes come with lots of complicated buttons on the remote. Will have to think about this some more. I like simplicity.

Just got this reply from my email to Shaw…looks like satellite??

We certainly appreciate your feedback. We are happy to announce that we will be adding Sun News Network to our line-up on April 18th at 12pm(ET). You will be able to access Sun News on channel 517/149. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Maryse
    Business Support – Online Support
    SHAW) Direct – 100% Digital Satellite TV
    Suite 100, 2400 – 32nd Avenue NE Calgary, AB T2E 9A7
    Phone: 1.888.554.7827 Fax: 1.800.872.8219
    Follow us on Facebook or Twitter
    ACCOUNTABLE BALANCE CUSTOMER FOCUSED INTEGRITY LOYALTY POSITIVE, CAN DO ATTITUDE TEAM PLAYER

Seems those Liberal attack ads and Votemobs are working…for the NDP
    Polls have Jack’s gang on the rise, big time, neck in neck with the Iffy Libs.

Watching cpac, in Quebec, don’t know when it was. Anyway, why are all those against PMSH being PM with about 40%, when liberal govts never got much more than that and had majorities.
    And why do all media ignore that the PM had a minority for 5 yrs so could not get things done without support from libs or ndp. Maybe that should be highlighted, the ndp and liberals refused to let us get it done.
    Same with the senate, liberals stuffed it for years, but what was the PM to do, let all those seats stay vacant.

Peterb:
    “Why is seeking a majority considered a criminal offense all of a sudden”?

Jean Chretien won a majority government in 1997 with 38.5% of the vote. That figure looks very familiar today. I don’t recall harping about the 61% of Canadians who were unrepresented by his government.

Michael Harkov @ 9:59 that is just stupid and I will add desperate. Perhaps a civil action for slander, defamation?
    Watching the weird speech by Mr Ignatieff where he shrieks “rise up” 8 times in a row.
    I think he has some kind of problem with reality, something is very wrong with this man.
    He needs to seek Medical advice IMO
    Why a supposedly educated man would continually quote the number #1 mass murderer of modern times, Mao Zedong, is troubling indeed.

Ecclesiastes’s 9:11
    I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding ,nor yet favor to men of skill;
    but time and chance happens to them all.

Mary T says:
    April 18, 2011 at 10:13 am
    What does he call poverty.

In a socialist mindset, if you don’t follow them; you are considered ‘poor’ , to get your votes. But, the trick is, you may never see a dime as socialists not all have many agendas to attend too first before considering looking at you.
    To prove how much he cares about the poor:
    There were many budgets and bills that were for the poor but were voted down by Layton.
    This last budget had a lot of stuff for the opposition parties but refuse to vote on it so they subjected the poor to a $300million election, to repeat what in the budget as their own.
    Socialists, marxists, really do not like to see their people live a good financial life; it is a detriment to the socialist hold over the people. They trive on power on people.
    All that ‘milk and honey’ sound very appealing which socialists have the charm to pour over you. But when you come out of the room into the real world. that charm is not there anymore not even in the HOC. or else Layton, would have supported the budgets, bills for women and so on.

Lowell Green has raised a scary scenario: if the Bloc get more votes than the Liberals they’d be the Official Opposition and Gilles could become PM.

Highly unlikely? Well, if they are all still bound to the coalition which is till in effect, they’d have a fine time getting out of it.

49. Soccermom says:

I live in lower mainland B.C. and I see the countdown clock on 517 (shaw Direct)….yippeeee!!

is not the attempt to convince us that a majority Conservative Canadian Government is bad a form of juxtapositioning we are somehow to be deceived to believe that a majority Liberal government is good yes more ADSCAM that is what TAXPAYERS need
    fh

51. Alberta Girl says:

“AG….I actually am on the phone with Shaw right now and they have to reset things. This has not been an automatic thing!”

funny…I got Oprah’s network automatically as a free preview? Guess if you are left, it is automatic!

i have a phone call in to someone who called me last week and said they were personally in charge of my account. Left her a message saying if I don’t get it I will be changing.

Grrrrrr…. this is ridiculous when I have a choice of 789 CBC channels (slight exaggeration), sex TV, out TV, and any other number of channels that I don’t want and can’t delete.

Just visited 308 and I have a question. Why does a drop of .3% for PMSH show a loss of 3 seats, and a loss of .2% give the liberals a gain of 5%.

Peter B at 10:13am — Seems like we are on the same wave length. Just put up a post about the fact that in 1993 Chretien’s Liberals won a majority with 41.24%, in 1997, 38.46% and 2000 with 40.85%.

So, why is it only a democractic deficit when it is a Conservative minority or majority?

I can’t remember where I read it, but for those who live in Quebec and have Videotron, here is a comment that explains that you can get SunNews with a special package.

Actually, the first link worked. You just have to wait a second while it downloads.

56. Liisa says:

I live in Alberta and I see the countdown clock on 517 (shaw Direct).

Mary T ,
    there are some contests in Ontario where CPC and LPC candidates are polling within 1% of each other.
    So the seats swing back and forth literally every week.

It is critical for the CPC to GOTV!

58. ladee J says:

5 hours 25 minutes to go!!!!

Bell : Countdown clock channel 213

How will the biased reporters at CBC and CTV react to the arrival of Sun TV ?
    Crank up the antiHarper bias ? or more balance to draw viewers back?

Sadly we are with Cogeco in this area and we are not getting it. I was told they will be upgrading but couldn’t say when. When I said we’d have to go to another provider he said he guessed so, a rather flippant answer IMO.

61. Alberta Girl says:

“I live in Alberta and I see the countdown clock on 517 (shaw Direct).”

We have Shaw Direct Satelite. I see nothing – in fact those channels don’t even show up on my guide. Still waiting for my phone call.

I called the shaw # 1-888-554-7827…its a satellite dish…has a box they put behind the TV…you need a flat screen TV HD…comes with one remote if you have one TV..You call and within a day or two they send over a rep to install it and they set up the channels. The box is on a 1/2 off price for $99 which has to be paid for by credit card when you call. No contract to sign and you will own the box. The first month is $50 off so you will pay $17, then $67.64 a month after that billed to you mail box. Also you get $50 of 8 free movies for a new customer. This satellite gives all the channels we have now and a total of 290 channels.The installation of the dish is free…no charge.They have offices all over Canada…i got a call centre in Montreal when I called. Very nice friendly person.

This explains why most of us are seeing very little CPC advertising:

‘..But the Conservatives aren’t employing conventional tactics. They have targeted 30 key opposition-held ridings where they aim to out-spend, out-organize and out-hustle their opponents, regardless of what the national polls predict…’
    G&M,
    ps. Ibittsons tweets are so snotty toward PMSH, I refuse to send him any traffic with a link.

64. frmgrl says:

I have my count down clock now on Shaw cable! Channel 177. I am so excited!

Wow Joanne,
    Ezra may have to change up his first show to include the big Liberal lie in advertising!

Author: Alberta Girl
    Comment:
    “I live in Alberta and I see the countdown clock on 517 (shaw Direct).”

When I called Shaw she said Sun TV NEWS is launching today and they would have it on satellite HD Tv’s.

67. JDot says:

I have the SunTV countdown clock too. So pumped…

68. Cory C says:

O.K. I have to admit this is classy.

That is classy — credit where it is due.

CPAC Liberal Mark Sutcliff call in show is on now…Mercedi Stephenson and some guy from the Mop & Pail……Steve Chase.
    Wonder if it will be rigged all Harper bashing callers?

1-877-296-2722……….try calling and see if the line will be busy for 1 1/2 hours.

“The Liberals know full well that the quotation belongs to Mr. Somerville (NCC), not Mr. Harper, because the Liberal Party correctly attributed the comment to Mr. Somerville in the Liberals’ 2004 essay…”

Ok National Citizens Coalition, do your thing….. get out there and make some noise, big noise and expose the LPC as liars!

71. Peterb says:

Here is the reply I got from Shaw for satellite service. So right now I am unable to dial in to 517 but I assume at 12 P.M. Eastern it will be on and we get programming at 4:30P.M.

12 P.M. E.T. has passed and still unable to access Ch. 517 so I sent the following e-mail to Shaw – suggest others do the same to show our keen interest.

“It is after 12P.M. E.T. and 517 still doesn’t come on as a channel that is available and am unable to access. Please explain.”
    Thanks

WOW!! Nice to see the screen light up with a BIG SUN TV looking at you and count down to the hour. Finally.

Off to the city, gone all day. Bet the unread comments when I get home will have lots to say re SunTv.

“Watch Jordi Morgan on CPAC. He actually contacted me personally on Saturday evening saying I could put him on my sidebar list of “fair and balanced” journalists. And, invited me to watch this program. So, I don’t think we can assume he is a Liberal.

I rarely watch CPAC but let’s give Morgan a chance. Fairness and I’ll keep him on my list.”

Sandy – that’s exactly the kind of narrative blogs like yours can advance. You may be the first Tory Blog to actually HAVE a preferred listing up front that others would like to use and YES be requested to be added to.

I’ve offered lots of advice here – mostly ignored, but my fear is that as someone above stated your expectations are too high from SunTV but also there needs to be some education happening on the part of viewers as to the whole business of media, which is there to feed an audience what they want.

Lorraine, Joanne and you Sandy have made the point lots of times that being balanced means listening and respecting the other point of view too.

I’m interested to see how many here who say they’ll stop watching CTV and CBC by how many times those puppies make it into discussion instead of what’s on SunTV.

Ont. Girl – I’m joining your club of pissed off Eastlink subscribers living in an area with few alternatives. Can watch on-line of course but I would eventually like to get off the computer by day’s end.

Sandy@ 9;29am – bang on right!!

Sent this to CPAC call in show

A little open love letter to both CBC , CTV and CPAC Rigged Call in show of 99% Liberals.Continue smearing PM Harper…I won’t be watching anymore.
    As of April 18, today, courtesy of Shaw Cable, I will begin receiving Sun TV’s news channel.

I’d just like to let you know that also as of April 18, today, all of your news stations hence forth will be blocked on my cable receiver. Further, none of your main stations shall darken my TV screen and living room any time soon…if ever again.

I’ve had a gutful of your sniveling biased Liberal/Left bullshit. I’m fed up with your snotty journalists and stacked panels of commentators. I’ve had it with your deliberate distortions, disinformation, and misrepresentation of Canadian politics.

Now, and no doubt despite all yours and the rest of the usual suspects of the Liberal/Left’s best efforts to block, I finally have another option.

So, I’d just like to say in closing…

Go to hell!

Sincerely,

Me.

77. Alberta Girl says:

It is 10:30 MST (12:30 Eastern) – still no channels. I am now going to call Shaw again.

Just called – I am waiting for a call between 14 and 22 minutes – WOW – I hope it is because there are so many people calling about Sun TV – LOL

Liberal Lie List is really growing by the sound of things today. Add those to their 13 years of lies to Canadians and it might be approaching an all time world record or something.

The 308.com numbers are really, REALLY encouraging!

Hooray! We have the Sun TV count down on Bell satellite here in Brandon.

80. Garfield says:

Ontario Girl,
    I’ve been with Bell Expressvu since 1998. The remote is not complicated at all and they do give an instruction booklet which the installer should explain for you. Sometimes the retailers like The Source and Future Shop give better deals than directly from Bell. If you are not happy with the price with Bell then just go up the food chain and keep asking for the next supervisor on up. Good things may happen.

Richco

Call Shaw and get a satellite dish. I left the post with the info on prices.

link not working google ipod tax canada
    choose first article the gauntlet worth a read
    fh

83. Michael Harkov says:

Liberals busted about lying in their latest health care ad -

84. Alberta Girl says:

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG…apparently they “configured” suntv to fit on the satelite dish in such a way that it is only available on HD receivers. so for $199 per receiver I can get Sun TV!!!!!!!!

Like I said to the person on the phone – why do I have to have 500 channels I don’t watch and have to buy a new receiver to get this channel. I mentioned they could fit Oprah’s channel on the dish. i also mentioned the numerous CBC chanels I have to get. I am now on hold for customer service as I said I was going to switch because I did not feel I needed to buy a receiver (4 if I want to get it on all my TV’s) just to get this one channel.

If you don’t get this channel and you have Shaw – phone and complain – demand they make room on their dish. This is crap and I told her i had my suspicions why this was so difficult.

85. Sammy says:

PMSH on cpac now from Yellowknife! Also,watch for Iggy later today..from CP24,they tell us that Iggy will fulfill a childhood dream,and learn to drive a bulldozer !! This should be good.
    Julie Van Dolt-en now on cbc talking about the ad controversy..said Iggy was asked about it .Iggy said,’these guys can dish it out,but can’t take it!’

re:: Liberals busted about lying in their latest health care ad -

Isn’t it illegal to attribute a quote to someone incorrectly?
    Liberal ideas of ethics and accountability are prominently displayed here, so much that even the CBC carries the story. I am shocked to say the least.

87. soundofmusak says:

Yep. Kudos to Mother Corpse for that.

88. Sammy says:

Fife tells us,PMSH heading to Ont later today..will be out for ‘photo-op’ driving a snomobile..then giggles with Dan Matheson as he says,’and if he falls off..you will be the first to know!’ haha..God,how I hate this childish non-reporting these asses are doing! Then Roger Smith,with his nose planted firmly on Iggy’s butt,blames the RCMP for holding up the media,so PMSH and his entourage can get away.

89. soundofmusak says:

Michael Harris on @CFRAOttawa just said that getting young people to vote, even by #votemob, is better than nothing. Unreal.

Liberals refuse to remove their new AD on health care even though they acknowledge it contains a false statement
    Canadians do you want a party a Liberal party that deliberately lies acknowledges the lie and then refuses to apologize and remove the AD containing the lies????????
    never trust a party that refuses to correct their wrong!!!!!!!!!!
    fh

91. frmgrl says:

Sammy says:
    April 18, 2011 at 1:13 pm

A little more than 3 hours we don’t have to put up with that childish garbage anymore.

92. Sammy says:

Oh,this should be good! Iggy and the rest of the goon-squad coming to WPG.after Yellowknife..CAN’T WAIT to see the flood photo-op,with those weak arms trying to lift a sandbag a la Chretien!!

93. soundofmusak says:

Sammy, maybe he’ll use the opportunity to dump on America for flooding us with their water. :-)

94. jad says:

So Mr Ethics thinks it’s OK to run an ad attributing a quote to the PM that someone else made.

These guys seriously believe people trust them ? If you’re trying to run a campaign calling the other guy unethical, you should try to at least look squeaky clean yourself.

Fife tweet
    ‘NWT Premier Floyd Roland shows up at Harper rally in Yellowknife’

Arctic soveriegnty has been on PMSHs national building agenda since elected in 2006.
    Then Lib leader Bill Graham scoffed at him in the House… made joke about ‘the Russians aren’t coming’

err s/b nation building
    not national building agenda

97. goodie says:

Telus tv has the count down clock channel 213!!!! If anyone is thinking of switching telus might be a good choice.We have our internet ,home phone and tv bundled and pay $162 per month taxes included,hst that is. It also includes satelite dish instalation and a Pvr which we love.I am not working for telus but I am a satisfied customer.

Author: jad
    Comment:

Mildewski called him on it…he went round and round and didn’t answer…so Mildewski asked him point plank if he was going to pull the false ad? Iggy said look at all the false things they have said about me for years…are they going to pull their ads?

Pics of illegal practice at U of Guelph, Liberal pamphlets being handed out:

I’m wondering if CPC could incorporate the Liberal misquote and their refusal to remove it into their own add. This would be better than libel action, which would not resonate well with the public. Maybe the media will do it for them. Either way it really looks bad.

”Iggy said look at all the false things they have said about me for years…are they going to pull their ads?”

BS , If the CPC ads were false, the LPC & ppg would have made sure they were pulled.
    Iffy’s answer is an admission to the ad falsehood.

102. Sammy says:

Soundofmusak @1:29: Nope..it will be Harper’s fault!
    Any of you watching Iggy on cpac now? The Torstar reporter and Iggy just giving each other a nice tongue-bath! I too notice Iggy NEVER answers a question.

103. Alberta Girl says:

Finally got off the phone with Shaw Direct. My receivers will not receive Sun TV – had to buy new ones (even though they are only 8 years old) – they are upgrading me for two receivers for free because of my complaint. when I told the person that they managed to fit Oprah’s channel on the satelite – she had no answers and told me that was a good point. then she asked what is Sun TV — hmmmmmm.

Anyway, others who have older receivers and Shaw TV will not be able to get it – so call up and complain. Of course, i have to now wait till Friday to get these new receivers so my anticipation will have to be quelched by BLY reports!!

Author: Sammy
    Comment:
    Soundofmusak @1:29: Nope..it will be Harper’s fault!

First name basis too. Whats wrong with Iggy’s tongue? I have never seen anyone have their tongue whipping in & out of their mouth like that….other then a snake….hmmmmmmm He NEVER answers the questions…never. Thats why he had Paul Martin there to dither for him.

It’s very distracting.

105. Jan Webb says:

Phoned Shaw today and they have a recorded message saying that Sun TV will be launched on Channel 177 on or around 5:00 p.m. (I am in the Victoria, B.C. area). Yahoo!

106. frmgrl says:

The Torstar reporter and Iggy just giving each other a nice tongue-bath!

Whatever happened to Tonda McCharles? She asked Iffy questions about the coalition right after the writ was dropped and haven’t heard from her since.

107. Jan Webb says:

Forgot to say we are on Shaw Cable.

108. Michael Harkov says:

LOL this false quote used by the Liberal health-care ad being attributed to the PM is going to make a GREAT first story to cover by SUN NEWS! :D

By the way, I wonder if totally misquoting someone in a public ad is actionable………

Line up:
    Ezra at 5pm
    Akin at 6
    Caldwell at 7
    Adler at 8
    Lilley at 9

Iggy said he got the quote from a reputable place..The Globe and Mail and McLeans…..Roger Smith said” don’t you wish you would of done the same thing about asking for the Tory ads removed?” Now he is off in some other rant and direction…time to drop the gloves but not to hit below the belt. I don’t shut people out of my town hall meetings…I am winning the ground war and they are using the air war. Now he’s saying you can’t trust Harper on health care because you can’t trust him on democracy…duh….then it was getting to hot for him and he took off.

111. Michael Harkov says:

Ontario Girl re: Ignatieff whining about what the Tories said about him in their ads……

See, the difference is that those were video clips of Ignatieff in his own words saying the things he said. What we have here is the Liberal party out and out lying about what Harper said or didn’t say.

Maybe if the Liberal warroom was a little more careful with their reseach instead of hastily and desperatley throwing up an ad in the rush of the last couple of weeks of an election campaign they wouldn’t have had their pee-pee stepped on like this.

Guess this was my answer from my email last night to shaw…maybe I don’t need satellite???? will have to call….

Good afternoon

We do service XXXXX, Ontario and would be very happy to have you as a new customer.

With thanks,

Ross (Voicemail 1866-2804503 ext 1944)

Business Support – Contact Us:

Shaw Direct – Shaw Communications Inc.

24/7 Customer Care – 1-888-554-7827

This is a different number then where i called this morning??

113. soundofmusak says:

Helena Guergis on @CFRAOttawa with Michael Harris coming up now. http://is.gd/rhYeXm

114. Michael Harkov says:

I seriously doubt Ignateff was ever going to ask for those Tory ads to be stopped. How can Ignatieff ask for those Tory ads to be removed when they were Ignatieff in his own words, in all of his glory, saying those very things on video for all to see? :D

The difference here is that a desperate Liberal warroom got lazy with their research and are now going to pay the price for it.

115. Sammy says:

Adler and Lilley on radio now replaying the Rise Up thing..too funny! Adler refers to it as a ‘low-rent cbc kinda thing’ and how one day Iggy is a Russian count,one day someone else..Lilley points out that Iggy couldn’t get any ‘rise-uppers’..had his hands clenched to his chest like ‘Hamlet!’ Honestly,could the rest of the msm get any more lap-doggish..asking such sweet,putrid questions of Iggy,and Fife/Matheson laughing..like wee girls..at the thot PMSH could fall off a sno-mobile! Real funny you braindead clowns! We have had numerous DEATHS here in Man.this winter from sno-mo accidents.Get friggin serious you morons.

R Smith said the Globe and Mail have now ‘corrected’ their article .ha.

117. WCT says:

weather pictures to: weather@sunmedia.ca … this is OUR network let’s all support it

shaw victoria has an intercept message on their phone line that states: “if calling about the launch for Sun TV, please be advised that it will be on Channel 177 before 5:00pm (pacific).”

Ch 177 is before the hi-def channels so all digital cable viewers should get it.

Good question Farmgirl? I asked the same thing last week. Where is Tonda McCharles from the Toronto Star? No one has seen or heard from her since she challenged Iggy on the coalition on the first day of the election. It is obvious the Liberal Party dictates who works in the National Press Gallery. The National Press Gallery must be punishing Tonda McCharles for holding Iggy to account.

The call ins for Sun TV must have been huge if Shaw has taped message for callers!

120. Michael Harkov says:

R Smith said the Globe and Mail have now ‘corrected’ their article .ha.

Yep, and now the Liberals are retreating, too -

121. cantuc says:

They still have Akin ? Thanks for that information. I won’t be paying to watch Akin call Harper a liar . If they dump him I’ll get it .

Author: wilson
    Comment:
    R Smith said the Globe and Mail have now ‘corrected’ their article .ha

BUT all the damage has been done…wonder if CBC will have it on The National tonight or as breaking news? We won’t be watching anyway…we will be watching SUN TV NEWS….ha

comment on Sun TV site:

This channel is also available over the air, with an antenna, in the GTA on channel 66-1

Just now CBC reports:
    The Liberals will not pull the add, but replace the quote with a suitable one from Harper!

The power of the internet is impressive. Whatever they do, the story will outweigh any effect the add might have had. Not a great day for the Liberal backroom.

Fife tweet
    ‘NWT Premier Floyd Roland shows up at Harper rally in Yellowknife’

You mean that Roland chose Harper over Ignatieff? Sweet.

Here’s a great resource for anyone working in campaign offices and talking to people about where the MPs stand on their voting records

126. fernstalbert says:

Thanks for the information – just checked – under 2 hours to go until the first broadcast. Its about time that Canadians had choice from their cable tv news providers. Canadians are grownups and can handle a diversity of opinions – we don’t need a filter to censor our viewing choices. If there hadn’t been such blatant bias – there would be no Sun. Shine on, shine on. Cheers.

127. Sammy says:

That tongue thing to me is an indicator of nervousness..and disception.

128. Sammy says:

BTW,the biggest story here re the lying in the lib ad,is the extent that Kady/cbc is going to to provide cover and excuses for the libs!

re: NWT premier at Harper rally – 308.com reports that the NWT numbers for the conservatives moved up and are challenging the NDP who sit ahead with 41.7 – CPC has 37.1 and the Libs. at 16.0

In Ontario at a glance I noticed the races really too close to call in all of the Brampton/Bramalea ridings and CPC numbers up and challenging in Don Valley West, Eglinton/Lawrence, and Mississauga South (Szabo’s riding).

“when people are lying they move their shoulders, clench their jaws, lick their lips and shuffle their feet.”

that quote came from an analysis of the testimony of Roger Clements the pitcher when he lied about using steroids. here……if the shoe fits………..

131. Barbara says:

Guess it’s time the Conservatives make an ad that says An Ignatieff lead government will force abortion….forced abortion on our streets…in Canada. That should be enough to scare lots of people. The Liberals are so pathetic. They actually seem to think it’s not a lie if you believe it.

How ’bout An Ignatieff lead government does not think rape is a crime and should not be jailed…..rapists on our streets….in Canada.

‘Here for Canada’
    certainly significant with Duceppe’s road map to separation

1.Bloc must stop a Harper majority
    2. PQ win in Quebec

This election could be the referendum on the Bloc, something the ROC has never been afforded.
    Vote CPC to Block the Bloc

Richco, happens to me too,
    just double click your back arrow. Usually that brings you back.

135. SomeGuyinOttawa says:

How about:

An Ignatieff lead government does not think parents can raise their own kids…forced national daycare in our streets…in Canada.

An Ignatieff lead government does not support oil and gas producing provinces…forced cap and trade taxes in our streets…in Canada.

An Ignatieff lead government does not support small and medium sized corporations and the jobs their produce…corporate tax increases in our streets…in Canada.

An Ignatieff lead government does not support Canadians keeping more of their hard earned money…increased GST in our streets…in Canada.

The list is endless! :)

The ad I liked best was the first positive ad. But I like PMSHs voice, so may not be a great indicator.

Barbara,
    Canadians seem to have already made up their minds on Iffy…. dud with a capital D, unqualified and not trusted;

would be good to see CPC take on the national unity issue with the Seppie Twins poised to break up our country, only thing in the way is a Harper majority

137. JDot says:

1 hour till SNN!!!!

Of course Jack doesn’t want national unity as an issue,
    he wants a coalition government, even if it facilitates the break up of our country!

Jack says:
    “And I say to these other leaders, let’s not use an election to try to whip up division between Canadians and between Canadians and Quebeckers. Let’s use an election to talk about solutions and how we can come together.”

ps. Fife sounds very low key today, sick or exhausted? depressed he has to follow PMSH?

139. Alberta Girl says:

“a question re: twitter links Joanne. When I click to read the links you post how do I get back to this site? For some reason when I choose to open and read the tweet I can’t just reverse back to BLY. Do I have to do something to my settings?”

that was happening to me too – so much so that I wouldn’t click on the links – but just tried the right click and voila – there was “open in new window”. Thanks for the tip!

You’re welcome! You can use that trick pretty well anywhere. I use it all the time.

This is the kind of crap reporting I will not miss
    Ibbitson: ‘Harper stirs separatist pot in quest for a majority ‘

What a crock. PMSH was responding to the Seppies Twins vowing to break up our country following their vote for grand poobah,
    and Ibbitson turns it into ”Stephen Harper invoking it”

And Iffy gave the Seppie Twins a shoulder shrug,
    but why would he care, he’s Quebecer, American Democrat and Canadian in no particular order.

Joanne/wilson – re: twitter – that worked – thanks. I’m in the process of cancelling Eastlink. I found that in my area Hurontel includes Suntv in their package so to hell with Eastlink. Choice has empowered me!

I just spent the weekend in Etobicoke and counted under 10 signs for Iggy. More signs for Trottier running for the conservatives.
    The CBC and CTV are reporting in a bubble.

“The list is endless!”

WISE-UP CANADA!

144. Peterb says:

Alberta Girl
    I asked if I am able to receive Sun TV online in the meantime until my new receivers arrive.
    He checked and said I should be able to get it at suntv.ca
    That may work for us until we get new receivers and maybe anyone else.

Photos of Libs handing out campaign lit at Guelph poll (at bottom).

This is interesting. It’s a comment from a site where they try to pretend that the photos shown are proof the ballot box was ‘handled’:

So your pictures don’t appear to show him at a ballot box or indeed touching one. It does look like an empty voting booth, and he does appear to be discussing the situation with someone there, who that is, I don’t know.

There are other pictures around to that show the Liberal scrutineer handing out Liberal pamphlets to people entering the polling station.

And that’s where I got that previous link.

And this is what you’re so proud of, Rick Mercer???

this guy’s posting over at WK’s – hasn’t he been here too from time to time?
    “billg says:
    April 18, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Now thats the Liberal party war room I was waiting for….now we got us a fight!!
    Now…Im a big fat knuckle draggin beer swillin Con from out near Hec Clouthier’s way, but, I gotta say its about friggen time the Liberal war room woke up….this was like watching a soccer game.
    WK and Monte should have a blast with this one.”

Just making an observation in case he comes back trying to be a conservative.

146. Sammy says:

And that GIANT sucking sound that will be heard at cbc/ctv..will be ALL us viewers released from HELL,as we gleefully switch to bright fresh SUN-light! Ahhhh,feel so much better already.

147. Dirt says:

Nothing on Eastlink, however Shaw media has been calling this province offering sweet deals if you switch to them. I suspect if Eastlink waits more than a week they’ll lose customers like me who want Sun News and not CTV or CBC free or otherwise.

148. Sammy says:

You know,watching the countdown clock..less than 10 min left!! is more relaxing than anything cbc/ctv can offer..hmmm,wonder if Sun will have it’s own version of Vote Compass??

Tweet Fife and Reid…rednecks have beer & Popcorn for Sun TV News……4,3,2, we have “Rised up”.

150. Sammy says:

Quick..everybody switch over to cbc..then ALL switch to Sun..FLUSH! Just one minute to go!

Fireworks….it’s on! YIPPEEEEE!

we have “Rised up”…..we have “wised up”

153. Sammy says:

WOW..JUST WOW !! The flag..Oh Canada..Mounties..GORGEOUS.

154. Sammy says:

LOVED the digs at the OLD tired msm..complete with photos in background of some cbc’ers….sigh,got a little misty there..think I am in LOVE!

155. soundofmusak says:

Soldiers. Soldiers with guns. In my livingroom. In Canada.

156. bubba brown says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! SUN TV Channel 517 in Qualicum Beach.

clicked on “watch live” am getting nothing.

158. Sammy says:

From my Sun Facebook link,Ezra takes on the cbc’s Vote Compass tonite. Should be a dandy!!

Author: Richco
    Comment:
    clicked on “watch live” am getting nothing.

me neither…maybe at 5pm for Ezra??? 13 minutes??

160. soundofmusak says:

@Richco

Akin just tweeted that the live stream isn’t operational yet. Sorry, Bud. :-/

161. Alberta Girl says:

“Alberta Girl
    I am in the same jackpot as you . Need a newer receiver but thanks to you I was ready for them and complained and he is sending me two receivers for free – but not till Fri. or Monday.”

Yeah – at least they are being accomodating – I hope they have a groundswell of complaints and realize that they are going to be providing free receivers for their decision to not carry it as part of their packages. I was seriously ready to switch carriers – I hope the reps I talked to do pass my complaints on. Like you said – will have to wait till later this week – which is frustrating since I could have made this deal a week ago and had them by now!!!

162. Sammy says:

I really love too,that there is..and they highlighted this..a Western aspect to the channel! Highlighting specific western issues..finally! And not with a ‘dirty western slant’ that I always felt from cbc.

There’s a round table segment from the west, The West, THE WEST!

31% of the Canadian population FINALLY gets regular national coverage…

164. stephen p says:

4:57 in Calgary Sun is on Shaw 177

Kick-off in 2 minutes!

I am so jealous……

There must be something you can do Ontario girl.
    Ezra starts off the new channel.

167. ruralbelle says:

Watching Ezra now on Rogers channel 142 in Grey-Bruce-Owen Sound!

Ezra to take CBC to task over their bias push poll….Compas

Hi Rick Mercer, how do you like us so far?

169. Alberta Girl says:

I am sooooooooo jealous!!!! Please keep all of us poor peons in non-sun TV land informed!!

Ezra demonstatrates Compas comes up Liberal! Says CBC should register as lobbyist and quit using taxpayers money to shill fo r the LPC

171. Eileen says:

I just got a call from Shaw (Edmonton) trying to sell me digital (I admit it, all we have is regular cable). I took the opportunity to ask him about Sun News. He had never heard of it. sigh.

I am loving it so far. Ezra Levant demonstrates that vote compass points Canadians to the Liberal Party over and over. Wonder why Peter Loewen portrays Liberals as anti carbon tax when it is in their 2011 Redbook?

173. stephen p says:

5:15 pm ET First political ad on Sun News

Liberal attack ad on Health Care.

174. soundofmusak says:

@davidakin from twitter:

First political ad ever aired on #SunNewsNetwork — It’s a Liberal ad! Thank you, #LPC. We appreciate your support!

LOL.

Ezra talks crtc and netflix.
    Cdn big businesses trying to rig the rules, internet censorship.
    Gvt agency before Al gore invented the internet haha.
    Worse than useless, dangerous.
    CKLM ordered off airwaves after 28 years. CTRC gave list of exccuses for the order (black and gay music stations) small community station didn’t fill out paperwork.

Ezra
    talks human rights commission peering into your life, senior sent to jail for 9 months due to his home tele message!!

177. Louise M. says:

About the Lib-lying health care ad, I’ve read a few posters on blogs saying it’s too late, the damage is done. I don’t think so. Had the ad been changed too soon, a lot of viewers would not have seen the ad with the big lie. So when Ignatieff was confronted by reporters a point of reference was made about the ad in the mind of voters. The more people pissed off at the Libs for their dishonesty and deception the better.

178. Anne says:

I’m so excited to be watching Ezra : ) I thought the pre show was nice. They played O’Canada and it was cool to see that they weren’t all glitz on the first half hour. There were some bad camera angles and some of the hosts tripped over their words, but it made it ‘human’. I like so far!

Sun News on Shaw Digital, Channel 517 Calgary

179. Anne says:

Sorry, I’m so excited I forgot what Shaw I had… thats Shaw Direct! LOL

Ezra, talks about Denmark – cartoons.
    Iran and Syria used cartoons to change subject… riots, 200 people murdered.
    Cdn media too afraid to show the cartoons, politically correct… Western Standard published, hit with ‘hate speech’ by human rights commission.

Not even Danish were prosecutor, no one in world prosecuted, only Ezra by Ab govt human rights commission.
    Free speech under attack.

182. JDot says:

Ezra rocks!!!

Grandson just went home so I’m catching up now. Ezra showed the cartoons? Wow! That’s gutsy!.

Author: Eileen
    Comment:

i got a call back from my message i left on Shaw voicemail…in Calgary….he said shaw carry’s Sun TV News with satallite and it starts with pkg’s as low as $29

184. soundofmusak says:

@wilson

You forgot to include a VERY important detail.

Ezra showedthem, on air.

In Canada.

I’m so frigging proud!

Can you just imagine the left massively freaking out right now? :-)

even though I can’t get SunTV I hope you all that are write some letters tonight in support and to open up some dialogue with the personalities. They’ll appreciate it from the get-go.

I’m switching providers. Sent a note to my local radio stations and a few local papers.

Now wouldn’t you think that if Sun media owns the local papers that THEY’D be pushing for local providers to offer SunTV News?

Buried under bureaucracy.
    Cdn gov employees- 3.5 million
    and continued to grow under Harper govt.

Peter Worthington
    Sun started during Trudeau mania,
    ended up leading a parade.
    Sun TV, ideology vacuum, CBC reporters do what they are told.
    Don Newman, Fox News North etc
    PW says msm worried about themselves, said about CBC obvious but no one talks about it. CBC has defenders on payroll.
    $1 B year, low viewship think alikes.
    CBC shockingly in competetion with private enterprise.

187. soundofmusak says:

@Joanne

Well, he’s done it before. But that was his medium, then. This time it’s different, WAY different.

OMG!!!!!

As I write this I just got Tarek Fatah’s tweet!!! LMAO

188. JDot says:

Ezra has a great set..

189. soundofmusak says:

Tarek Fatah on twitter:

@EzraLevant just showed the Danish cartoons on the @SunNewsNetwork. Good for him and his critics can kiss my Paki ass.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

PW
    CBC withdrew journalists, no embedding, so used US footage, put own spin on it, dishonest.
    Come after the show? CRTC will try to go after you Ezra.
    Print media self censored. Islam criticism, papers back off, call cowardess principle.

Thankyou for supporting Sun News Network Liberals!!
    2nd commercial

192. stephen p says:

5:52 PM Sun News – Second Political ad; this one the Liberal attach ad – Harper the Dictator.

Love the support the Libs are giving Sun News – Such a receptive audience I’m sure!

193. Louise M. says:

Great interview with Worthington.

Ezra’s sense of humour is fantastic.

I’m loving it!

Ezra read emails he just got…. it’s like reading the comments on CBC and G&M articles….too funny. We read these kind of hateful comments so often, it’s not even shocking.

Ezra runs the RISE UP clip …

Hallaluia preach it …televangelistic

Huh?

198. Eileen says:

Thanks Ontario Girl. I don’t have satellite, but Shaw has a promo on right now for a free digital box. I’m thinking its time for an upgrade.

199. Michael Harkov says:

Oh boy, you guys have no idea what your missing on Solomon’s Power and Politics. Wooo hooo, yep, you guys sure are missing a lot of insightful stuff here in CBC land. ;)

I have it on now. Looks great. Love the graphics. This host? Not so much. Akin. Any links or anything to Ezra’s first show? Will someone upload it to YouTube? Is that possible?

Poor Ignatieff, whining about how the Conservatives said all kinds of things about him in ads and they can dish it out but can’t take it. Well, Mr Ignatieff, at least what was said about you was true, much of it straight from your own mush.

Author: Michael Harkov
    Comment:

Missing Lawrence Martin on P&P telling us how mean and dangerous and hidden agenda of Harper.blablabla on and on Harper bashing…attack ads and pay back…Iggy on a scoop of a bulldozer saying…”RISE UP< RISE UP"…..Global Jacques Brodeau Harper bashing…photo opp….jobs don't help the poor people in Yukon NWT…bla bla bla……same old puke.puke puke puke.Some girl saying Haper will gut health care.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Socialist death-struggle.

Leftist brothers locked into deadly embrace.

“Grits refuse to criticize private health care in Quebec
    As support for Canada’s public health care system becomes a federal election issue, Michael Ignatieff is taking a gentle approach to the growth of private health care delivery in Quebec. Full Story”

“Layton says he’ll stare down Quebec on private health care
    Private health care delivery became an election issue Monday but only the New Democrats said they would stand up to the Quebec government on the issue. Full Story”

204. Terry Newman says:

I just sent my first ever email to the CBC. I told Them the Sun was shining and bid them farewell.

Theo Caldwell on Sun News. Mostly a business guy who will focus on economics but is pretty good in the political arena too in terms of talk shows. Saw him a few times on Coren in the past. A pretty witty guy. Those who haven’t seen him well enjoy his opinions.

206. soundofmusak says:

Forgive me if this has been posted already:

Rise up!

Hint: click the audio following first paragraph :-)

207. batb says:

Great opener from SNN!

I’ve been watching since 4:30: Channel 15, Rogers, Toronto.

I think that David Akin’s “DailyBrief” is a good chaser for Ezra’s “The Source”! Ezra’s so bouncy, so full of energy, so quick on the verbal draw, that you really feel the fizz after an hour with him! As an extrovert, myself, I’m loving it, but some viewers might find themselves buzzing when his hour’s over.

So, on comes David Akin’s show, a little more sober, more interviews with others than on Ezra’s show (the health care segment was very good, IMO) — and it’s a good foil to “The Source.”

‘Looking forward to Theo Caldwell’s “The Caldwell Report.” He seems like a straight shooter, he’s young, informed, and not spouting the pc crap we’re all so sick of.

(I have to laugh about ex-CBC babe, Krista Erikson, saying that SNN allows her to be “me!” ‘Not sure what her schtick is here, except to prove SNN’s promise to be “balanced.” Maybe that’s why all of the Liberal Attack Ads …? As others here have said, thanks, LPC, for your financial support for this new station!)

The pressure must be on at Eastlink today because I’ve been checking and rechecking the programs on my TV since 4:30……nothing. Until now.

I’ve got SunTV News on Eastlink Channel 64 in midwestern Ontario.

I’m now a happy TV news viewer.

PET Cemetery Report.

Please, svp, please,

Recall Citoyen Kyoto Dionky.

“Conservatives in lead, NDP gain steam
    as campaign hits home stretch: EKOS”

“The Conservatives are hitting the home stretch with a 12-point lead over the Liberals, while the NDP enjoys a swell of national support, a new Ekos-iPolitics poll shows.

Pollster Frank Graves said the NDP is the only party that has improved its prospects during the campaign. The survey of 2,400 Canadians finds 37.4 per cent would vote Conservative, 24.9 per cent Liberal, and 20 per cent NDP. Another 8.4 per cent plan to vote for the Green Party and 7.8 per cent for the Bloc Québécois.

“Clearly the NDP surge is not some kind of ephemeral oscillation. It’s now clear from our poll and others that they’ve had a steady climb,” Graves said. “They started out the campaign at 14 points, they’re now at 20. That’s a big jump.”

But the jump may not convert into significant seat gains for the NDP, Graves predicted, since much of their strength is in Quebec and there will be a lot of tight races.

While the Conservatives are holding a comfortable lead, the Liberals are losing ground in Ontario and Quebec and “falling out of the race” in British Columbia.”

batb, that’s the where I’m watching it. Don’t havedigital cabale, don’t have much use for TV, apart from watching some news and some sports. Out of curiosity I tuned it to 15 expecting to see old 70s programming or something. I heard it was only 5-6pm that it was free. Was shocked to see it there. What gives? Is it first week free or something? I’m going to have to get digital cable. It looks to good.

211. tori says:

im sure this was said before, but the heir apparant was trotted out in iRuby’s riding today…

212. JDot says:

jon says:
    April 18, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Jon it is free till august(rogers toronto, ch.15). I believe.

Some bugs to work out as David Frum is on and was looking off to the side into the wrong camera and did so for an extended period. Akin on the left of the screen looked like he was going to laugh a bit.

I have no doubt that the CBC is going to knock it for the graphic, which looks like Fox News’ a bit, especially the red and blue colour scheme.

August? Fantastic!!!!

I expected Maverick or Starsky and Hutch or something stupid like that. Tuned it in just to see what the countdown clock had been replaced with and was shocked to see it there.

WOW! Lilley on now pulling know punches, telling Akin what’s coming up on his show tonight. Lilley says he is going to be telling Canadians how the CBC is wasting their money. How is the CBC going to deal with this headache? LOL

216. JDot says:

Wow, no strategist panel on the Daily Brief….

….”THERE IS A GOD”

Akin guests talking about politicians afraid to talk about ’2 tier healthcare’ American style care or changing the health act… but we change is a must

next: LPC commercial fearmongering PMSH would bring in 2 tiered, American style healthcare…. how fitting eh

Mike Lake really gave it to lying Carolyn Bennett over the I-pod tax. She was denying the Liberals supported it and Mike Lake said…”Too late to say that now…its all on the record for all to see” She said…we didn’t support it in committee….Lake “you all voted to raise the tax on the floor in the house of commons”. She started to rant and rave….hysterically as she is well known for. It was a priceless moment. Barton tried to give her the last word and drown out Mike Lake but he talked over both of them and got his point across. Lying Liberano$. That was a highlight.

““Layton says he’ll stare down Quebec on private health care”

This is why I do not understand Quebec’s support of the NDP. It’s a contradiction because Jack means business with healthcare and it wouldn’t be pretty!

220. dolly says:

What gives? I have seen 5 Liberal attack adds within 1hour and 15 min. Is it only the Libs that are supporting Sun News. I was kinda hoping to get away from that for awhile.

Is it only the Libs that are supporting Sun News.

I’m sure Sun News is happy to take anyone’s money. However it might be a waste of their precious resources. I doubt anyone watching Sun News is likely to be swayed to a leftwing POV. Shhhhh…

The majority of commercials on Sun TV are Liberal attack ads???? It appears they spent a lot of money to advertise on Sun TV.

I was just looking at my local online TV guide and it seems that Ezra’s show will be repeated at 10 for anyone who missed it. (But please don’t get mad at me if I’m wrong.)

Here is the natural end result of the Taliban Jack LaytoNDP-led Separatist Coalition: socialism/communism.

“Greek unemployment tops 15%”

“Greece’s economy teeters on brink of default”

“Plunging prices for Greek bonds signal investors expect the debt-swamped country will be forced to restructure its finances, despite the government’s assurances it is on track to meet its obligations.

Yields for government of Greece two-year bonds hit 20 per cent Monday, the highest level since the euro was born a dozen years ago, showing that investors see a high risk of restructuring – forcing debt holders to accept less than they are owed.”

“China detains rights lawyer, sends man to labor camp”

“Chinese police have detained a prominent rights lawyer suspected of “creating a disturbance,” and another who had said he was being followed is thought to have been taken into custody, the latest examples of a sustained crackdown on dissent.

Meanwhile, a retired Chinese man who took photographs of police officers at a proposed pro-democracy “Jasmine Revolution” protest in Beijing was sentenced to labor re-education, in the second confirmed punishment in less than a week for the Middle East-inspired gatherings that were squashed by wary authorities.

Dozens of Chinese rights lawyers, activists and grassroots agitators have been detained or have lost contact with friends and relatives since February, when fears of contagion from Middle East and North Africa uprisings triggered a crackdown by China’s domestic security apparatus.

Detained lawyer Ni Yulan, 49, was not involved with promoting the online calls for pro-democracy “Jasmine Revolution” gatherings that have recently led to a sweeping crackdown on dissidents, a person close to Ni, who declined to be named, told Reuters by telephone.

“She has nothing to do with it. She can’t move at all, so there’s no way for her to participate. She was very careful about not getting involved,” the person said.

Ni, who is known for defending the rights of people evicted from their homes, was left disabled by a police beating in 2002 after filming the forced demolition of a client’s home, and then jailed.”

223. jad says:

Wow, no strategist panel on the Daily Brief….

….”THERE IS A GOD”

I’m with you, JDot LOL

About halfway through David Akin’s show, I was wondering what was different and then I realized. For once the talking heads and anchors treat the viewers like intelligent people and don’t bother to explain ad nauseam all the background details.

For instance, Akin made a comment about Sheila Fraser. Now I’m sure everyone that reads this blog knows who Sheila Fraser is, but had this been the CBC/CTV, we would have had a long explanation that she is the Auditor General and an officer of Parliament, and instrumental in the sponsorship scandal, etc,etc. Akin simply made the comment and moved on because he realizes if you watch these kinds of news shows, you probably have a good understanding of what he is talking about. Nice to be treated like an adult for a change.

I’m glad to see the Liberal ads running twice an hour on Sun, but can anyone explain to me why some genius in the Liberal camp would think it is a good use of advertising dollars to run attack ads on Fox North on its opening day ?

Wow Charles Adler is the best. Now has Monte Solberg on to talk about the MSM in denial over Iggy’s great week.

You remember corp tax cuts? He was willing to forget about them when he thought he would have a cabinet seat in 2008 Coalition(Thats when the Liberals supported corp. tax cuts)Layton would sell his own Mother for a vote or Power in a GOVT.
    Just saw Iggy on CPAC copying PM Harper and shooting pool. First he steals budget idea’s now campaign photo ops.
    No I don’t have Sun TV News from Eastlink. Need to switch to satellite, unless Eastlink changes its mind????After listening to the updates, it’s hard to watch TV. The news is sickening on CBC/CTV and Global and CPAC is just as bad.

Socialist Death-Struggle now moves to the unborn.

Q: Who’s on first in the Twilight Feud in the socialist war?

A: Taliban* Jack LaytoNDP.

The socialist war has moved from beneath the covers to the Front Page of the MSM.

“NDP targets Ignatieff on abortion issue
    CBC.ca – Meagan Fitzpatrick – ‎20 minutes ago‎
    The NDP issued its own “Reality Check” on Sunday saying that Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff’s record doesn’t match his words on abortion and a woman’s right to choose.”

*Att: Jack:

“The Washington Post reports that the Taliban have taken a pasting in Southern Afghanistan, suffering casualties they had never contemplated before. Bill Ardolino, quoting Bing West, says that aggressive USMC tactics have been devastating. One platoon alone has killed nearly 200 enemy. The Washington Post says that for the moment, the Taliban is flat on its back. Elders are starting to appear at US funerals to offer apparently tearful condolences. Perhaps it isn’t sorrow for the deceased, but fear of the Devil Dogs that prompts the solicitude in the back of beyond.”

“Dealing with the Devils”

Charles Adler talking about Elections Canada voting irregularities.

228. frmgrl says:

I saw that! That was great! Sun News rocks!!!

229. jt says:

I’ll take page 46 Red Book – Cap and Trade for BILLIONS, Alex. Let’s break out from 38.2% or where ever the pollsters put the Conservatives!

230. JDot says:

Charles Adler rocks!!!!

Justin Trudeau to the rescue!!!! Campaigning with Ruby Dhalla.
    The conservatives must be doing well if last resort Justin is back in the GTA.
    I am imagining that CBC will be manipulating this appearance big time.
    I hope that SUN TV calls them out on this.

Just to hear Ezra mention the oilsands, alberta and the pipe lines to Texas -basically talking about ALBERTA, made my day. TAKE THAT, MANSBRIDGE.

233. Eileen says:

Does anyone know what channel Sun tv would be on in Edmonton if I had digital? I will be darned if I will pay to get digital if I still can’t get it. I have Shaw.

Eileen
    Call this number and they should be able to tell you

Business Support – Contact Us:

Shaw Direct – Shaw Communications Inc.

24/7 Customer Care – 1-888-554-7827

235. Cassie says:

Elections Canada is obviously targeting the youth vote who they’re counting on to belief Ignitionoff regarding universal, free tuition. Hope Conservative reps are all over these campuses advising students it’s a broken promise already — like the Kelowna Accord, universal daycare under the Liberals for thirteen years. If Iggy gets the student vote and secures a minority, it’d be the best lesson the youth of this country could ever get for all future time as Canadian voters.

Sun media should be covering the campaign addresses by all candidates. That’s where the focus should be next two weeks before we go to the ballot boxes.

Missed Ezra Levant at 5 p.m. Will catch him at 10 p.m.

He’s unbeatable. Why? He has the strangest habit of telling the truth.

We need Mike Duffy interviewed re the status of the crime legislation.

Also, rep students interviewed.

Majority or BUST eh.

Lilley doing a GREAT job going after the CBC. I knew this was going to be good but not THIS good! No sacred cows is right.

MSM brings up AlMoh, the Mohammedan.

Here’s AlMoh*.

“Sun News launches, shows controversial cartoon of Prophet Muhammad The Canadian Press”

*More AlMoh:

“Syrian forces fire at protesters, unrest intensifies
    Reuters Canada”

“Middle East Gunfire in locked-down Syrian city
    Aljazeera.net”

*Liberal Count Ignatieff’s Ad$Cam MartinJr with AlMoh:

I can’t believe it! My husband is watching and loving Sun TV. He usually avoids Canadian news channels but he likes American Fox news.
    Brian Lilley is even better. I am not disappointed one bit in Sun TV. They are meeting my expectations. Go Sun Tv Go!

239. Alberta Girl says:

Watching it on line – it’s great! The only bad thing is that it isn’t live – oh well – soon I will have my upgraded receivers and I will be there with the rest of you!

Taliban Jack LaytoNDP has learned takkiya, dissembling/lying, from AlMohammedan.

“The CBC’s Peter Mansbridge spent a day on the campaign trail with NDP Leader Jack Layton. CBC”

Taliban Jack is now the Number One Dog in the Separatist Coalition.

Here is the code: “He [Harper] gets the first shot.”

Then, We Socialists make the coup attempt.

“No plans to topple Tory minority: Layton”

“NDP Leader Jack Layton says Stephen Harper is “fabricating” the idea that the Liberals, the Bloc and the New Democrats would immediately launch a non confidence motion if the Conservatives are re-elected with another minority government on May 2.

“There have been no discussions about that. He [Harper] gets the first shot. The question will be: Is he willing to work with other parties?” Layton said in an exclusive interview from the campaign trail airing on The National on Monday night.”

“The right-wing Sun News Network launched Monday afternoon with a slogan of ‘hard news and straight talk’. Dubbed “Fox News North” by critics, the TV station features on-air personalities such as conservative author Ezra Levant and Winnipeg-based talk-radio host Charles Adler.”

Maybe instead of bashing it, the CBC can refute the criticism it has faced. Oh, that’s right, they can’t refute the facts and the issues raised of the CBC’s wasting taxpayers’ money so they’ll just resort to smear.

The problem for the CBC is that Canadians who are unaware of what the CBC does will check for themselves and see that it’s all true. They will see the CBC unable to refute the facts. The CBC will die a slow death as it becomes increasingly irrelevant.

Eileen, I have digital and the SUNTV, is on channel 177.

I knew there would be lots of comments to read, when I got home, only 200, but have read them all. Great news re SunTv, we wont get it but will try to keep informed by those that do.

244. Rich says:

ROGERS TV, LONDON ONT
    SUN TV is on CH 59 …. Great!

Eilen, forgot to mention where I live, I get channels from Edmonton

Wow, that’s a huge media on SNN for the LPC
    I guess that means Iffy agrees with the content of the news, eh

Brian Lilley just did a segment on abortion and so-cons, it was good!
    Now more CBC bashing

Joanne says, “Adler is awesome! Calls out Jane Taber & Rick Mercer on torqued reporting about Guelph vote.” & “Adler’s questioning other Election improprieties”

Ezra’s repeated at 10 you said too…. do you know when Adler is repeated as well?

Yeah I think Adler will be repeated at 10 11. Ezra on now.

Er, obviously that’s not right either. Check your local guide. ;)

This was on the national tonight in an interview from Mansbridge to Layton. Layton is a lying rat. I hope Sun Tv News shows that video of Layton and Duceppe saying NO COALITION. Easy to make up a story about some private converstion but the video was in their own words….grrrrrrrrrrThis is what he said tonight …
    Layton said “there’s no question” Harper’s goal in 2004 talks with his party and the Bloc Quebecois was to become prime minister.

Harper has also denied that he was trying to topple the Martin government and seize power in 2004.

Layton told Mansbridge that Harper is “fabricating things here.” Layton said the Conservative leader, who was then the Leader of the Official Opposition, was the driving force for the “arrangement” with other opposition parties at the time.

“We were called together by Stephen Harper to send a letter to the governor general to make it clear that if Paul Martin was defeated by the speech from the throne, she should turn to the other parties to govern,” Layton told the CBC’s Peter Mansbridge on board his campaign bus near Charlottetown.

“There was no question about it that the ultimate goal here was for Stephen Harper to become prime minister.”

Thats not what the letter said. PM Harper said it was to stop Martin from making everything a confidence motion…a working co-operation. Period. Layton looked like he was fabricating too…even his eye was twitching(Like Owliver)

Ezra on again right now for those who missed it.

Levant: “The consensus media” he calls them, led by the CBC. Love it!

I wonder how long it will take the others to respond? Probably a day or two and I suspect most of it will be mocking and not addressing the issues raised. They’ll talk about Lilley’s high hair and sideburns, guests who are loud and brash, etc.

WOW! Levant slams CBC on the Vote Compass poll. Hard hitting, just the facts. How can the CBC refute this????? lol

This is what CBC said about Sun
    While no deal is yet in place with the country’s largest cable distributor, Rogers,

WRONG!!!!!
    Then they go on to say that CBC had the largest viewing audience for the debates…yeah because Sun wasn’t on then…duh….still trying to spin, spin, spin.

OG,
    even if PMSH was looking to an ‘arrangement’ and not merely threatening Martin in 2004, the situation was different in that
    Martin LOST support in 2004 to the CPC, PMSH GAINED support in 2008 at the expense of the party trying to seize govt.

Jack Layton and his separatist buddy pretending it’s the same thing is dead wrong.

Hey, will the CBC demand that the LPC withdraw their advertising support of Sun News Network…..hahah

OG @ 9:58pm “This was on the national tonight in an interview from Mansbridge to Layton. Layton is a lying rat. I hope Sun Tv News shows that video of Layton and Duceppe saying NO COALITION. Easy to make up a story about some private converstion but the video was in their own words….grrrrrrrrrr”

Don’t forget it was just a few days into the campaign, after Iggy “addressed” the coalition issue, that the sentiment expressed by many CBC reporters and talking heads was that the coalition was DEAD as an issue, that Harper had gotten all that he could from it. Let’s all move on, was their push. You can see by interviews like Peter’s interview of Layton that it IS an important issue and is having a significant impact in keeping the CP’s numbers strong….. or the CBC can simply admit that all the scandals they’ve been focused on are completely ginned up.

BC Blue found these tweets

Ottawa Citizen’s Dave Dutton – “26 babe shots in intro; still awaiting actual news”

Globe and Mail’s Jeff Blair – “If the ratings are as high as the hem-lines, Sun News has a chance”

Haha, these boobs will all be going to the local pub tonight, crying in their gin fizz’s.
    Damn it feels good!

That’s rather sexist.

Laytons head is swelling…he will be pushing for the coalition as soon as PM Harper brings out his budget when he wins, thats why it has to be a majority. Can’t wait to see the end of looking at the 3 stooges.
    CBC said in their article…The question is can Sun TV hold up AFTER May 3rd? What a stupid comment. Can CBC hold up after May 3rd since all their news is smearing PM Harper. Once he has his majority who will CBC run down then?? If it’s PM Harper still, he can stick his tongue out at them…..can’t wait.

Wilson, the funny thing is that each of those papers provide reporters and columnists to appear on CBC. If the G&M and Ottawa Citizen are going to put their two cents in then maybe, beyond engaging in ad hominem attacks, they will actually take the time to address the serious issues raised about the CBC’s objectivity and criticism of its spending practices, and will do so during their next appearances. A good start would be to ask Solomon why he locked the information commissioner out of the P&P studio when she was on the Hill last month, blasting the CBC in their lack of openness and transparency.

You are good stuff Ontario Girl reporting to you Blue buds the vile from CBC. I hope you will soon have SUN TV in your part of Canada. It is so nice to watch credible discussions on the actual proposals from the political parties in this election.
    We all know that Peter Mansbridge will attack and twist Jack layton’s words tomorrow because he is a threat to their precious Liberals. Both the Conservatives and the NDP are enemies to the CBC.

259. Michael Harkov says:

Liberals stealing Tory election signs now. I bet THIS would never be covered on CTV or CBC -

260. Michael Harkov says:

Haha, and instant classic by Max at SDA -

April 18th 2011: The day a whole new stratum of Canadian society learned what it’s like to yell at the TV.

Too funny!!

I’m probably going to get hell from everyone here… maybe it’s because it’s the first day and they’re just getting their feet wet and I need to be patient. But I think there should be more guests with different points of view. Solberg should really be balanced off. And when it comes to the CBC, it would be better to have someone argue on behalf of the CBC’s position…. They wouldn’t have a leg to stand on so it would be even more intense to watch. It’s the first day and they probably want to get their frustrations out that are pent up inside us all, especially about the CBC. Totally understandable. I usually get up at 6:30am but I’m going to set my alarm clock for 6 just so I can watch how the news is done since that aspect of their program has yet to be evaluated.

Jon at 11:22 pm – Yeah give them some time. And don’t forget that their annual budget is equal to one week of CBC’s! Support Sun TV’s sponsors and let them know why.

Except the Liberal Party of course. ;)

262. Sammy says:

A doozy of a Mark Steyn piece on Iggy (from a few yrs ago)..worth a re-read:
    Just home from work,but caught Adler earlier..BAM! Loved it.

263. Eileen says:

Re Jen at 9:43 Yea, thank you. Time to talk to Shaw.

Author: Michael Harkov
    Comment:

I love this Sun TV News….now we will get to hear the real dirty deeds of the Liberals…not all covered up by CBC/CTV. Pretty lame excuse the guy had. Blame it on the other guy.
    Got to see all the segments on Sun video of the show. I thought it was GREAT. So relaxing to watch ,without people being talked over like when Conservative guests are on P&P and PP. Even learned something new about that Mulroney so called opera….called a CBC smear job. Good name for it but thats all CBC does. Nice to not have to watch CBC/CTV/Cpac BS any more. It feel like FREEDOM.

Iggy in yellowknife CPAC outside by a lake smearing and slamming PM Harper again…I feel an unhinged “Rise up” coming on.lolol What a total fool…..no wonder Layton is tied with him.

which Liberal Ad was pulled?
    Jack Layton accusing who of lying? I wouldn’t trust that weasel.
    fh

267. Soccermom says:

the day after the election was called, there were Conservative signs up and down the boulevards in our little suburb….now, driving down the same area, there are only Green and Dipper signs….our Conservative MP said yes, our signs seem to be “walking away”….and they need to be replaced. As much as I HATE seeing ugly Green and Dipper/Lib signs everywhere, I would never think of removing them….these people are completely shameless….and to them, the ends justify the means (got that from Glenn Beck, yes I did, LOL)

Soccermom – Tampering with elections signs is illegal. If anyone sees it being done, they should report it to police.

Mockery and ridicule for Liberal Count Ignatieff.

The ghost of his great-grandfather Count Nicolai Ignatieff* grins.

“For the first time in four days, Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff spent an evening without telling people to “rise up.””

“For the duration of the meal at least, there will be no need to rise up at any point,” said one man at the table, drawing some chuckles from the others. “We can start again with that tomorrow and carry on.”

“Ignatieff and his wife Zsuzsanna Zsohar were celebrating a Passover seder at a banquet hall with incumbent Liberal MP Anita Neville and a few dozen people on Monday.”

*Count Nicolai Ignatieff: Of the Jews.

“If you have lived in South Russia, you know
    what the Jew is,” replied Ignatieff. *’ He is dirty,
    he dresses differently from anybody else, he forms
    a society of his own, and he oppresses the people.”

“Full text of “The Russian advance towards India. Conversations with Skobeleff, Ignatieff, and other distinguished Russian generals and statesmen, on the Central Asian question”

269. batb says:

Poor Peggy Atwood: She’s gotta be chewing her nails, socking back a strong scotch on the rocks, muttering *&%$#!@!@#%&$!!!

No doubt, she’ll be on the phone to Soros, screaming “WHAT THE @#!!% happened, George? They’re ON, #!@%#!!@!”

Great start. A little rough and ready around the edges but they’ll smooth out. Great to hear the talking points we’ve all been shouting at the TV for the past 20 years! Finally, some balance to the blatant left-leaning and corrupt media, Elections Canada, and other political parties spewing their pc anti-CPC, anti-PM Harper, falsehoods and innuendos.

It was a sweet day yesterday. More today and tomorrow and the day after … etc.!!

Yipee!

The CBC has yet to reply at least as far as I’m aware. I suspect they will at some point, probably on P&P, and will focus on the graphics and “plunging necklines” (knobstick and Silver’s jobs) but never will address the criticisms we heard of the CBC — the vote compass sham, the waste of taxpayers’ dollars, CBC president saying that only a judge can force the CBC to open its books to Canadians, etc.

When the CBC loses it’s court appeal and has to open the books, Canadians will see who to trust — Levant who will expose the CBC’s wasteful spending and secrecy or Solomon who will pretend no such story exists, focusing instead on completely “unrelated” stories like demands for detainee docs to be released, the AG report, and claims the govt is secretive and thwarting AIRs. Again, completely , um, unrelated matters.

Q: For which party does the “Volunteer” work?

MSM Headline: >>> “Volunteer charged with stealing election signs”

1. Bloc.

2. NDP.

3. Liberal Count Ignatieff’s Separatist Coalition.

A:

A question about SunTV News – other than facebook I couldn’t find links to the individuals at SunTV on their websites. Looking specifically for email addresses.
    Does anyone else see them or “contact” info. on the site?

“Good to hear Richco has Sun TV. Hopefully Ontario girl and Michael Hargov will have Sun TV soon.”

Want to hear something REALLY weird.

After emailing Eastlink and leaving voice messages this morning I found a response in my in-box telling me that they, Eastlink will NOT be carrying SunTV. Yet I’m getting it loud and clear – does the left arm know what the right arm is doing?

For a communications service they’re really REALLY bad communicators.

“CBC’s Rick Mercer – “Just yesterday SUN TV’s studios was full of dry wall, today it is full of silicone”

That’s rather sexist.”

Mercer’s jealous Joanne.

275. Peterb says:

Given Mercer’s sexual orientation he isn’t jealous at all.

And don’t forget that their annual budget is equal to one week of CBC’s!

And the CBC pays guests and PPG reporters from $200 – $1000 an appearance(said Brian Lilley) Guess thats why the press and guests, don’t bite the hand that feeds them.
    I found it relaxing not to listen to a show of Liberal same old BS talking points drowning everyone out, like we see on P&P & PP. We all needed a break .

a lot of our conservative signs have been damaged in my riding
    I have not seen any ANY damage to Liberal or NDP signs
    interesting to say the least NOT a very positive way to win an election
    fh