Running out of wedge issues

O.K. So the opposition parties obviously can’t talk about the economy.

Nor can the focus of a spring election be about Libya.

So that leaves ‘Ethics and Honest Government’?  Sorry guys. Canadians seem to prefer Conservatives on that one too. Not the Liberals that’s for sure.

Well I guess they can put themselves out there as a possible Coalition Government ahead of time instead of waiting until after the fact.  That could draw some attention.

And perhaps that is exactly what Pat Martin was trying to telegraph here – MPs brace for wild week:

But it’s also safe to assume that whoever wins the next election will implement the Tory promises for seniors and health care and Quebec — and then some, said NDP MP Pat Martin.

“You’d have to consider that the Conservatives’ ceiling on the budget probably becomes the next government’s floor,” he said in an interview.

Sounds to me as if NDP attack dog Pat Martin already has his cabinet seat picked out. Minister of Parliamentary Decorum perhaps?

Or better yet – Minister for Status of Women?

And from Paul Vieira via Twitter – “Rest of world may be puzzled as #Canada Opposition look to topple govt of best #G7 #economy …”

Yes it must look strange to the rest of the world.

This entry was posted in Canadian economy, Canadian Parliament, Coalition of losers, CPC majority solution, Election fever, Iggy, International news, Jack Layton, LPC, Michael Ignatieff, PM Stephen Harper, strategy, Too many Fools on the Hill, Too many pigs at the trough, Voter cynicism, Your tax-dollars. Bookmark the permalink.

182 Responses to Running out of wedge issues

PET Cemetery Report.

Mohammedans threaten “the head of UN women”.

It’s not fair*.

“Chanting “Down, Down USA, Libya, Libya,” and carrying banners and the national flag of Gaddafi’s Libya the protesters surged towards Ban and his 15-strong delegation that included a UN deputy secretary general and former Chilean president Michelle Bachelet, the head of UN women.”

“Pro-Gaddafi protesters mob UN chief in Cairo”

(*H/T MartiNDP)

Gotcha games, faux scandals and boorish behaviour by opposition MP’s and the pollsters tell us people care more about ethics than the economy?

We are being well managed by the Harper team, we are envied and respected for it. It would seem perilous and irresponsible for the opposition to trigger an election over so-called ethics given the display of anything but by Pee Martin in his vile attacks on witnesses in Committee and in the media. Not to be overlooked is the fact we are engaged in acts of war under the UN banner. No time to change the Commander, especially when there isn’t a fit replacement among the lot of opposition leaders.

Scary stuff. Hope the GG has the power and expertise to sort out any attempts at coalitions, we can’t have that kind of instability at this crucial time.

3. Michael Harkov says:

And any Liberal supporter/blogger whining about the ads regarding Ignatieff’s family, remember to mention something like THIS and so much more-

Bloody hypocrites.

4. Mary HInes says:

I know I am off topic… but I have not been able to find out from my TV carrier (Bell) if they will be carrying the new Sun News Network. Can anyone tell me who will be carrying this channel or will all providers? I want to be up and ready – because I must have that channel…. I refuse to listen to the liberal rants we get on the channels we now have…

5. cantuc says:

With Martin running around like a borderline crazed BC pig farmer , Iwonder just how sick Layton really is . He ‘s out of control . He seems to have major issues with women with political power . Something ain’t right there . I hope security on the hill is aware of his problem.

6. Alberta Girl says:

Mary…you are in luck – Wilson posted this link for me the other day – Thanks again Wilson

Unfortunately SHAW does not know if they will be carrying it – my phone call will be made today – WE WILL BE SWITCHING if they do not carry it. I hope others call SHAW as well.

7. Alberta Girl says:

I still think that the Coalition – to save Canadians from an unwanted election – will go to the GG themselves because they will vote non confidence in the government because of the ethics of the “Harper Regime” and they will need to do everything possible to save the country!! (sarc off)

Time will tell.

Can anyone tell me who will be carrying this channel or will all providers?

I thought I read somewhere that Sun News was going to make that announcement in the near future?
    In todays paper they have a big story about having Theo Caldwell joining the team. His segment will be about the markets called The Caldwell Account…it will run in the afternoon and from 9pm-10pm(when The National at CBC is on).Sun News making a Market in the Truth it says. Love it.

9. Michael Harkov says:

Hi Joanne, I have a comment stuck in moderation at 8:32am.

Hi Joanne, I have a comment stuck in moderation at 8:32am.

10. Sammy says:

Well..this should spell the end of Ned Franks commenting on CBC:
    “I’m NOT convinced there actually is contempt of Parl.I don’t think it’s the important issue!”

Hill Times.

Sammy, I doubt that will spell the end of Ned Franks commenting on CBC but I do take exception to what he said in that quote. I’m sure to Bev Oda this is a huge problem and she wants her name cleared!

Somehow I suspect this was some kind of conspiracy to frame Bev Oda and get back at PM Harper but it backfired. I’m thinking of that link Sandy posted. JMHO of course but the whole thing is really starting to smell.

But yeah, Ned Franks seems to be saying that the big issue is to learn something from this and make the rules clearer. Unfortunately Bev Oda ends up as the scape goat as the opposition use this kangaroo court for their own political agenda.

11. Garfield says:

If I were a Member of Parliament, I would think I would have some concern as to the legacy I would leave behind when I retired from the HoC.
    My prefered legacy would be that I served my constituents and all Canadians well and to the best of my ability.
    Then we have Pat Martin, David McGuinty and a few others. What will historians have to say about them? How will they be remembered?
    Methinks they will be noted as examples of ultra-partisan socialists who, in search of some short term benefit “sold out” morality and common decency.
    One also has to wonder about the females in the lives of these members as to how they feel about the abuse. My wife has suggested to me that if I were to act like Pat Martin has towards female Members of Parliament I would have some “splaining” to do when I got home plus perhaps quite a few nights on the couch.
    Also, congrats on hitting another “home run” post Joanne! You’ve knocked a few of them out of the park lately! Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks Garfield! What you said about Pat Martin and McGuinty reminds me of the notorious ‘Rat Pack’.

12. The_Iceman says:

Am I the only one who laughs at Iggy’s stories of his poor immigrant family? Lest we forget, they lived the high life for quite some time with the Czars. It bombed badly, and the Iggies fled. They came to Canada with nothing because all their “swag” was seized by the Bolshevicks, who spread Communism to the World.

Thank you Ignatieffs…Your family tree is sacred indeed…

13. Ruth says:

I was thinking the same thing Garfield. Is Pat Martin married….what must his wife and children think of that display. Hope no grandchildren saw that.

14. Joe says:

Interesting poll showing the CPC as most trusted and the LPC as least trusted. I suppose having your leader pad his family history, then protest when caught in the fabrication doesn’t help. Of course making your leader look like an embalmed corpse and then have him speak doesn’t help the truth factor either. If he is embalmed he shouldn’t be speaking and if he is speaking he shouldn’t be embalmed.

15. Alberta Girl says:

Mary Re that Sun TV programming schedule – I am beginning to wonder if that schedule is for the new SUN TV or for the Sun TV that is a Toronto station… so it may be that Bell might not be carrying it. I went to their website and there is no programming link there.

Anyway – it might be worth a call Mary

16. jad says:

I think that list of Sun TV carriers relates to the old channel, not Fox News North. I haven’t seen anything current.

Ah that may well be the case.

17. Mary HInes says:

Thanks so much “Alberta Girl” for the information…. I want to say – how much I enjoy and appreciate all the information this site gives to me as a Conservative. I know it is a lot of hard work for you, but without it, we wouldn’t know anything that was actually happening with our party! I had CTV news on this morning – and even though they had to say the Conservatives are at 39% in the polls – they proceeded to say – but Harper’s numbers are down!… not saying how much…. Actually, very little or hardly at all. What about Iggy’s – I would think if they are blaming the Conservatives ads on Iggy’s failing numbers, PM Harper’s should of been at “0″ with all that has been going in the HOC and the liberal media. We are in great shape and with these wonderful “blogs” maybe with Sun Media exposing some of the true facts, and all of us working hard… we will put an end to Martin and McGuinty once and for all…

18. NB Tory Gal says:

The liberal ranks are using twitter, as we know, sheila copps now spewing out this…

TheHillTimes The Hill Times
    http://bit.ly/gqnAk6 #cdnpoli
    9 seconds ago

19. frmgrl says:

Ezra Levant says that channel details will come soon for Sun News.

20. Alberta Girl says:

“Harper’s treatment of Guergis poster girl for what could derail Tory march to majority, says Sheila Copps”

Funny Sheila…since YOU guys were the first ones to show that treatment to that “poster girl”. Gawd, do these idiots ever think that Canadians don’t remember how they demanded her firing and how they pulled out all the stops to assure that everything negative could be dug up about her!!!

21. NB Tory Gal says:

…..about the sheila copps article…you get two short paragraphs then you have to be a subscriber to read the rest…. uh, no thanks… I get the picture…

We need to get up to the minute facts on this subject…Helena G. as it will come up again and again…she wrote the caucus and told them she no longer believed in them and is running as an independent… well… that is just fluff…because she was taken out as the conservative candidate… the whole thing with Helena G. is her husband… his actions of just being on parliament hill and using her office … even to accept a phone call there…is what should not have happened…it questions her ability to judge allowing him to be around…using her car, her phone, but his work ethic is still … questionable… it is he who did her in… they could not keep her around…

anyhow .. we better dig and be straight on this… I have to go out and will not be able to…I dont mean we should publish it… we just need to have good solid talking points..and justifications. It will come up.

just my opinion of course….

22. Alberta Girl says:

“The liberal ranks are using twitter, as we know, sheila copps now spewing out this”

I really do think that social media will be a HUGE factor in the next election….isn’t it amazing how things have changed since the Harper Gov’t came to power in 2006.

Facebook, Twitter and who knows what else now allows communication that was never in play in previous elections.

I am sure the Coalition has their minions planning the lies (er attacks) as we speak!!

Albert Girl
    I really do think that social media will be a HUGE factor in the next election

But this time we will have Sun TV NEWS….not like all the other times with only the lefty lies and garbage over at CBC and CTV.

“Massacre of Israeli Family met by Callous Canadian Media Indifference”

“Canadian news outlets virtually ignore the massacre of an Israeli family of five or otherwise produced unsatisfactorily condensed news reports about the tragedy.”

“How did our public broadcaster fare? To date, CBC Radio has completely ignored the incident and CBC Television featured a misleading 30-second newsflash (see left) which falsely claimed that settlement building was as a result of peace talks “coming to a halt”. The report headlined “Building settlements: Israel pushes ahead plans to build in West Bank” gives you an idea about the focus of this short report, which only in the end mentioned the terror attack – almost as if it was an afterthought. CBC.ca did provide adequate coverage, but flagship CBC programs like “The National”, “The Current”, “World at Six”, “World Report”, etc., failed to even acknowledge that this incident had occured. (To see how other Canadian media covered this incident, please see our Daily Brief reports here and here.)”

“Dear HonestReporting Canada Subscriber,

By now you have probably heard about the brutal terror attack where a knife-wielding Palestinian terrorist massacred an innocent Israeli family of five. The Fogels of Itamar.

You would think that the shocking premeditated murder of a mother, father, and three children aged 10, 4, and 3-months would be enough to secure ample news coverage in Canadian media outlets. Yet, as a result of skewed priorities and/or a callous disregard, certain Canadian news outlets either virtually ignored the incident or otherwise produced unsatisfactorily condensed news reports.”

“HonestReporting.com has been on the frontlines exposing egregious instances of international media bias related to this attack. As chronicled by our affiliate, the LA Times shockingly claimed that the brutal murder of the Fogel family was part of an ongoing “cycle of violence” where settlements provoke baby killing. Sky News showed their skewed news priorities with media coverage that saw settlements trump baby killers. Not to be outdone, the BBC buried the real story of this tragedy and cast doubt on the veracity of the terror attack to instead use this incident as a springboard to malign the settlement enterprise. After scores of complaints, the BBC updated their problematic coverage and implicitly acknowledged that a serious error was made. CNN was also faulted for bending over backwards to avoid describing the incident as a terror attack. After Israel’s Government Press Office intervened, the story was amended online.

Canada’s media on the other hand, specifically our national news providers such as: The National Post, CBC, and the Globe and Mail, are deserving recipients of opprobrium for their sheer indifference to producing adequate news coverage of this incident.

The National Post is well known for its sterling news coverage of the Middle East and for Its staunch defense of the State of Israel, it’s for this reason that we were surprised (and disappointed) that following the attack, successive issues of the publication completely ignored this incident altogether. HonestReporting Canada communicated this concern to a senior editor at the National Post and we are pleased to report that in Tuesday’s edition, the Post published a 500-word article from Agence France-Presse entitled “Israeli family stabbed to death in West Bank.”

Sadly, the Post wasn’t exceptional in this regard. While news bureaus around the world have rightfully devoted their column inches and airtime to the Japanese earthquake disaster and the continued unrest that has enveloped the Arab world, the Globe and Mail, Canada’s so-called paper of record, could only muster up a measly wire brief in its news pages to tell its national audience about this horrendous massacre.”

25. Springer says:

Matt Gurney, NP, on Canada’s incredible shrinking air force….

And there we have the truth of it: 65 replacement F-35s doesn’t even come close to our actual needs over the next 30 years. And the F-18 Super Hornet is, as demonstrated against the fifth generation F-22, is already obsolete.

From 640 fighter jets in the ’50s, all the way down to a mere 65 by 2020. (And no, the last of the CF-18s won’t be backing ‘em up beyond 2020, but will be relegated to museums…or scrap metal piles.)

Can anyone even begin to imagine the s**t storm of opposition that would unfold were the government to PROPERLY equip our air force???

Honest Reporting Canada.

“WHO WE ARE

HonestReporting Canada is an independent grass-roots organization promoting fairness and accuracy in Canadian media coverage of Israel and the Middle East. With the assistance of our over 23,000 members from coast to coast, HRC monitors the media, recognizes excellence and exposes inaccuracy and bias in Canadian reporting on the region. HRC members work together to examine the role journalists play in shaping the news, subjecting news reporting to rigorous and methodical investigation, and preventing distorted coverage. In short, we are in favour of honest reporting.

The media is the primary lens through which the Canadian people learn about the world. Accordingly, HRC is dedicated to ensuring that news coverage provided by Canada’s media – whether print or electronic, and whether national, local, academic or alternative – reflects the highest journalistic standards of excellence in news, information and investigative journalism, and is informed by Canadian values including democracy, freedom, liberty and the rule of law.

The main focus of HRC is to monitor Canada’s mainstream media outlets and report on significant lapses in ensuring accuracy, context, fairness and objectivity.”

Author: NB Tory Gal
    Comment:

A good start would be video of door knob Wayne Easter in the HOC screaming and demanding her to resign.

and a few others. Then switch over to the CBC Mansbridge and the “AT ISSUE” crew doing the same thing.
    After the PM let her go Mansbridge looks at the tape of the non airport set up incident and said” its not that bad.”Why didn’t he do that right away? Because they invented , and started the whole thing with the RED STAR and the rest of the lying media.

Canadian tax payers give CBC kady O and crew free twitter to promote the Liberals into power.
    Canadians have been laughing at the CBC’s left leaning message for years. Now CBC have crossed the left and become a political left machine.
    All Canadians can hang their head in shame for allowing this abuse of power at the CBC.

29. Michael Harkov says:

“Michael Harkov, I think I discovered the problem. Is there any chance you left a comment using a different name?”

Yes, I think I did so anonymously a few hours ago somewhere else. Sometimes I do that when I am in a hurry.

I suggest we keep our communication by e-mail for important strategy
    continue to counter their false information on the Blogs
    also when we are critical of Conservatives keep that communication by e-mail
    I know a lot of Canadians could not believe what they saw at the linch party of a so called committee I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of the opposition on committee
    lose their “safe” seats
    we can target the non-compete seats and reduce their vote total
    my opinion only
    fh

Author: Fay
    Comment:
    Canadians have been laughing at the CBC’s left leaning message for years.

I saw the goat last night in a Bev Oda re-run on CPAC” LAUGHING” in the background at one of the times Bev Oda finally got a chance to speak.The committee had her conveniently seated behind Bev Oda ,so she would have the advantage of the camera. She did the eyes rolling stunt while Vic Toews was speaking also. Quite the rude demonstration she put on. Didn’t do her any justice. It just showed her up for the no class biased person we all know her to be. Wonder where she will end up once CBC loses its taxpayer funds? Hope its in the unemployment line along with Mansbridge.

Looks like the dog & pony show is getting ready to begin on CPAC……

33. Ardvark says:

Helmets to hard hat program for vets in budget.

Vets vs arenas?

The Vets to helmets story was in our paper today.
    What happened to the 5 hours of committee today that was supposed to be on TV that Marcel proulx said was so important? Maybe after their negative committee reports, they will now hide their antics from the public this time.
    This is the CPAC schedule??

11:00 AM House of Commons
    Live coverage of House of Commons proceedings.
    02:00 PM Question Period
    Questions from party leaders, critics and MPs in the House of Commons.
    03:00 PM House of Commons
    Live coverage of House of Commons proceedings.

The listed SunTv programming for current ctations? Rats.

Maybe SUN TV will provide livestreaming…??

Yah gotta laught at Liberals, thinking that twitter somehow gives ‘them’ an advantage.
    Social media will be used by CPC to correct Liberal lies, in an instant.

How can BT collect the tweets during next election, so as when interesting tweets are posted they go to a BT aggregator?
    Maybe in the banner or sidebar, constantly updating?

Sammy @ 9:09
    This is a serious blow to the Coalition finding the Govt in contempt.
    Neds thinks defining ‘cabinet confidentiality’ is the issue.
    These fools go ahead with a contempt finding and the Govt of Canada has a good case to take to the Supremes.

“If the finding of contempt is purely the result of a political game, it’s not super serious. If the finding of contempt is something really went wrong, then it is serious,” retired Queen’s University professor Ned Franks told The Hill Times last week.
    I think the important one is identifying a problem, and the solution is not for the government to overload Parliament with documents at the end of the process.”

For The Record.

Liberal Ignatieff’s own words*:

>>> “Ignatieff says PM ‘*spending like a drunken sailor’”.

Liberal Ignatieff* smears/slanders Canadian sailors, PM Harper, veterans, Canada, and Canadians.

“HMCS Charlottetown patrols off Libya”

“Canadian warship HMCS Charlottetown is patrolling the waters north of Libya, as UN-backed airstrikes continue.”

*Liberal Ignatieff smears sailors …

38. Ardvark says:

Wilson, it can be done with #hash tags but that doesn’t guarantee that only the ‘interesting tweets’ will show up.

Ardvark, so it would need a hands on aggregator so as Liberal trolls couldn’t swamp it?

40. bettie says:

I just sent an email to Speaker Milliken (SpkrOff@parl.gc.ca) and to Jack Layton (laytoj@parl.gc.ca) expressing my displeasure at how the Committee behaved toward some witnesses, particularly Minister Oda. Each email was different, of course. I think we should flood their offices with how we feel about what transpired.

Tweets already go the BT aggregator. The hashtag is #roft (meaning right of Twitter). Stephen Taylor arranged that list a couple of years ago. To find it go to Stephen Taylor’s blog — http://www.stephentaylor.ca/ — then use the bottom grey bar. Click on the Twitter icon and viola, there we all are!

42. Ardvark says:

There are other options aside from #hash tags, but they also require hands on to work effectively.

Oops, it actually #RofT and you can reach it here as well. http://twitter.com/roft

So, remember everyone, when you do a tweet, include the #RofT at the end of every one of your messages. I sometimes forget because it takes five more spaces but I am going to be more careful in the future.

44. Ruth says:

great news Ardvark…just shows the power of all those bloggers all weekend digging up the facts, and to the great videos that Hunter put together. Thanks to everyone.

Alberta Girl and others who get Shaw.ca, I just phone Shaw inquiring about SUNTV. The gentleman to whom I spoke said that he has no knowledge at the moment whether Shaw will carry SUNTV, but will put my request through. I also told him that many canadians want this channel on air and to expect more phone calls which he informed me that I am not the only who has phoned to request information. In fact, he himself would like to have SunTV.

Keep phoning your television provider for some news on SUNTV. The more phone calls they sooner they would realize we mean business.

46. Peter says:

“I have wrestled with this, and I’m not convinced that there actually is a contempt of Parliament and I don’t think it’s the important issue.” Ned Franks

When the expert that the opposition trotted out to support their cause jumps ship and abandons them in this witch hunt should catch the attention of main street media.
    Ms. Beggs ,President of CIDA, once again at committee last week told all that want to listen she had no problem with the “not” being inserted in the document and thus signifying the Minister’s refusal to continue to fund Kairos. Ms. Beggs once again said the minister’s message was clear and everyone understood. She also added under questioning that Minister’s answers have been given in the past by this type or nature of refusal and is nothing new. Who has a problem here? Pat Martin? He has bigger problems than that and so has Jack Layton as a result. What can the pundits of the main street media hang their hat on now and still try to be credible?

47. Ardvark says:

Sandy you can’t expect much else from a Globe and Mail online poll. Stephen Taylor just tweeted a link on what Ned Franks is now saying.

I think that some of the opps have realized just how bad they look playing these games.

48. dolly says:

Well, that decision was certainly expected from an opposition of scum bags. I am now in agreement to an election and put an end to this once and for all. Haven’t been posting because I have not had a nice thing to say about the kangaroo court and I didn’t want to come across as nasty and angry as that Martin, even though my mouth probably could keep up with his.

I called Cogeco, which is the cable provider for Niagara right through to Hamilton and Burlington and got the same message that Jen got. Had no plans to add it. I said if they didn’t we would get satellite. Like Jen, they will put through my request. So, all you Cogeco subscribers out there, call the Customer Service line 1-800-267-9000.

50. Mary HInes says:

I called my provider Bell TV and was told the same thing – nothing that they would be carrying Sun TV Media – I hope these arrangement takes place soon so we will be able to have this station when it is launched. Plus, if there is an election, we definitely need it going across our country. Please let us know if any news anyone!

I notice that the media address GADAFFI as Col Cadaffi or Mr. Gadaffi. And PM as Harper.
    I also notice that coalition don’t call CADAFFI: sulphur, that guy, evil, nazi, want him dead(lib.s.reid).

My husband who is passive and listens to all sides had enough of the ‘assault of words thrown at a minority woman, wrote(email) a letter to Milliken.

Now that Pat Martin has succeeded in damaging BEV ODA in full view- with added spice from the media, can now backtrack on his words as if nothing had happen.
    This line of behaviour is seen and heard regularly. Look at what they did to Helena they attacked her, her name her position relentlessly and now that she is not in CPC, the media is suking up to her as if they the media said nothing why, they want to see if Helena would run for the LPOC and coalition.
    Watch how fast Pat Martin’s hateful remarks towards this Bev Oda slides swiftly under the carpet.
    But, as you said Joanne on the previous if I can your exact words ” we grassroots will win at the end” which means to me, we can’t sit idly by and allow the media to silence us. NOT THIS TIME. We will relive re write tweet put on Facebook what they want us ‘to quickly forget’ Don’t trust the media if your life depended on it.

52. Alberta Girl says:

Charles Adler just posted this on FB

We’re getting lots of questions about where you’ll find us on April 18th. Your best bet? Contact your local cable or satellite provider and make sure they plan to offer Sun News!

Rogers: 1-888-ROGERS1 (764-3771) http://www.rogers.com

Shaw Direct: 1-866-782-7932 http://www.shawdirect.ca

Shaw Cable: 1-888-472-2222 http://www.shaw.ca

Cogeco Ontario: 1-866-261-4447 http://www.cogeco.ca

Cogeco Quebec: 1-866-921-5792 http://www.cogeco.ca

Eastlink: 1-888-345-1111 http://www.eastlink.ca

Bell TV: 310-BELL (2355) http://www.bell.ca

MTS: 1 (800) 883-2054 http://www.mts.ca

Telus: 1 866 558 2273 http://www.telus.ca

BellAliant: 1-866-425-4268 http://www.bellaliant.net

Sasktel: 1-888-773-2122 http://www.sasktel.com

Videotron: 1-877-512-0903 http://www.Videotron.com

Hopefully they are going to carry this. Everyone needs to lobby their provider

Jack Layton’s NDP member of Parliament Pat Martin
    states maybe Bev Oda shouldn’t be found in contemp
    bully tactic the victim made him do it
    enough said do not be fooled as he tries to redeem
    his disgusting treatment of Bev Oda at the linch party
    committee
    my opinion
    fh

Breaking News

The house of Parliament has found the Govt. in CONTEMPT of Parliament .??

55. Sammy says:

I am now waiting for the msm..especially cbc,and the Dippers to use the Libya operation to ‘attack’ the Gov’t and PMSH.They will look for any little thing to trigger their ‘outrage’………..bet on it.

So the little non-voting member of the “Historic Committee” is weaseling is he?
    Won’t make any difference Mr Martin, Canadians have see you in action, they are disgusted.
    The one thing that seems to enrage a Progressive is a Woman Conservative Minister doing her Job for all Canadians, NOT wasting our tax dollars.
    How difficult it is to change the culture in Ottawa, CBC, CTV feel threatened, like the dinosaurs they resemble they feel the asteroid coming, straight out of the “SUN”.
    The cave man attitude towards successful Conservative Women by Pat Martin and his pack of Coalition weasels is beyond anything any decent Canadian can imagine.
    I think the backtracking is because if this whole mess goes into a courtroom, which it should. IMO
    A “Government Document” will once again be a “Memo” and a “forgery” will simply be a correction to a “Memo” to reflect the wishes of the Conservative Woman Minister, Bev Oda.
    Calling a MP a liar while the chairman sits and says nothing is disgusting, I am calling you out on this Pat Martin, you are a disgrace!
    I am sitting here thinking that Pat martin’s biggest problem is that Minister Oda is occupying a position, he could not possibly ever attain, in a word JEALOUSY
    The NDP have shown their true colours, thanks Mr Martin!
    To quote Samuel Johnson 1709-1784
    “Almost all absurdity of conduct comes from attempting to imitate those whom we cannot hope to resemble”
    This whole non-crisis is made possible by an opposition that sits across from a very competent Government that is doing a good job.
    Best economy in G7-G20.
    The deficit we do have was demanded by the weasels who now are wetting their collective panties about it.
    They demand the “details” when they get them they collective heads explode as they realize it is way past their understanding, all those pages, all those numbers.
    I am sure glad they are not running things.
    I do have a “Question” do these N.G.O.’s contribute to political Parties? Just askin’ I always find “following the money” informative.

57. dolly says:

If they just found the Government in contempt at 1:00PM, how come Matheson reported same at 12:15 PM on CTV, where I heard it. Ohh! the plot thinkens,

58. Sammy says:

Interesting tidbit of feud between Con.MP Ed Fast and ex-Lib MP,now mayor Fontana in London Free Press……….read the comments!

59. Dirt says:

The Leftwing Coalition needed the contempt charge announced today so they can say that’s why they toppled the government, it’s a witch-hunt nothing less— nothing more.

Sickening development from a sickening procedure, things unfold from Kangaroo court as expected.

What do they plan to do about it? Will there be public hangings with Martin being the head hangman?

The coalition of losers must be in shock today.

Poll- Canadians trust PMSH and the Harper Govt, on ALL issues.
    Polls have not moved even with the spectacle we have been forced to watch, Parliaments Kangaroo Court, CPC and PMSH still well ahead of Libs.
    Go-to expert Ned Franks backs away from coalition finding Govt of Canada in contempt.
    Looks like Jack told Pat Martin to back off, before the mud sticks to goody-two-shoes himself.

62. Ruth says:

“Looks like Jack told Pat Martin to back off, before the mud sticks to goody-two-shoes himself”.
    oh Wilson, I hope that the bloggers have enough out there now that the mud will stick really good to Martin and his days as a MP will be numbered.

Jack and his mean mouthed Dippers are always let off the hook.
    Good on everyone here for not letting that happen this time.

Imo Pat Martin, and by expension Jack Layton, have pushed the legal limits on Minister Oda.
    I do hope she takes them all to task on her charactor being torn apart for partisan gain.

64. Sammy says:

What could this tweet mean? (from both Loise Elliott/cbc,and Laura Payton):
    7 RCMP cars and a Suburban with tinted windows in front of Liberal Party Headquarters..so Jean Chretien visiting?

Question: if true,why aren’t msm reporting this??? And,what could be up?

expension ..ha
    s/b extension

Also, Scott Brison fell right off the radar for some unknown reason, was replaced on committee;
    perhaps Brison deserves a look-see too…

Maybe Chretien has arrived to get signatures on a merger,
    or take back the leadership of the LPC, or …..

67. Ardvark says:

Fraudster and former Liberal MP/appointed Senator Raymond Lavigne resigns from Senate to protect his pension.

68. Dirt says:

I heard on the local news that the subs the libs bought for the Navy are being moth balled, nothing on Liberal MSM thou.

Sandy Renaldo on CTV news just said
    ” speaking of regimes falling, are we headed for a federal election”

How DARE she suggest that our government is in anyway comparable to Yemen’s

How DARE she suggest that our government is in anyway comparable to Yemen’s

That sure does go beyond the pale. But what do you expect with CTV?

Ignatieff and Dominic Leblanc are onto the Carson story now. My god. They are actually trying to tie the Prime Minister into this. The Block are crying for money.

The Govt. side in the Kangaroo court want speaker Milliken as a witness on the findings of Bev Oda and her testamony she provided. The coalition want no more witnesses.

Katey and Rosemary live blogged from the committee. Talk about snarky remarks.

Layton looks very ill. At least his question was about Japan.
    Liberal Bryon Wilford said the Govt. shhould of listened to Iggy a month ago on the no fly zone and anymore further action should come to parliament. Using this as political games. I can’t stand the opposition.

Cowardly left-liberal MSM omits Liberal* from its headline.

Re-write:

Liberal “Senator resigns in wake of fraud conviction”.

MSM headline: “*Senator resigns in wake of fraud conviction”

More: >>> “as the senate was poised, for the first time in its history, to decide whether to strip a senator of his office.”

Here is the fraudster Liberal Senator’s parting kick-in-the-crotch/groin to Canadians:

>>> “If senators had successfully kicked him out, Lavigne would have received nothing.”

The ex-Liberal Senator was appointed by Liberal Ad$Cam Chretien.

So Iffy thinks that a 30 year old conviction, should forever plague a person’s reputation.

Somehow that just doesn’t seem like a stand the LPC/NDP would take,
    in any other circumstances.

Like Svend Robinson running for the NDP in 2006 AFTER being convicted of theft.
    Anyone have links to anyone in the LPC protesting a convicted criminal running against Hedy Fry?

73. Sammy says:

I was kinda caught off guard,by Rosie Barton after QP..telling Ms.Sneer McNeil that the Libs ‘were stretching the truth’ trying to infer the RCMP had already laid charges against Carson! She clarified that RC’s were only called in to see IF there was anything there!! So…could it be some of the blowback about lack of truth in msm is finally catching on?? I wish.

Does anyone know if the House must vote on the committee report before the government is actually in contempt of parliament. Presently the committee has decided that, but the house has not voted. Of course it would not make a difference, but I suspect that technically the whole house must decide this issue.

75. Sammy says:

CHUCK ON THE PAT MARTIN CRAP NOW!

Martin:
    I think they have to debate the contents of the motion first, then have a vote. This article might explain things….interesting and complicated

77. Sammy says:

Odd..ctv now has former Vet Affairs guy,Pat Stogran on commenting re Libya.He just now,had to throw in a little slam against ‘the politicians’……..and not hard to guess who he meant.I’m thinking this is a bit of a ‘subliminal’ msg to viewers to remind us what a Harper -hater he was??

Ont. Girl – “interesting and complicated” but what’s very clear is that the PM has a few options – good ones.

Liberal Iggy runs with Willy Clinton’s “pain” via Tabolo*.

“*In his ad, Mr. Ignatieff is not only introducing himself to Canadians but telling recent immigrants that his family feels their pain too.”

Here is pain:

>>> Did Iggy Ignatieff highlight his great-grandfather Count Ignatieff?

Here’s what PET Cemetery has exhumed re Count Ignatieff:

>>> Count Ignatieff was an anti-semitic Russian Tsarist aristocrat who organized pogroms, mass murders of Jews in Tsarist Russia.

Here is a sample of Count Ignatieff’s blood-soaked words:

“If you have lived in South Russia, you know
    what the Jew is,” replied Ignatieff. *’ He is dirty,
    he dresses differently from anybody else, he forms
    a society of his own, and he oppresses the people.”

“THE RUSSIAN ADYANCE TOWARDS INDIA.

WITH SKOBELEFF, IGNATIEFF, AND OTHER DISTINGUISHED

RUSSIAN GENERALS AND STATESMEN, ON THE

CENTRAL ASIAN QUESTION.”

*Tabolo:

80. Louise M. says:

About the Carson issue. It’s interesting to note that the APTN mentioned in a story that Carson’s girlfriend was introduced to some Conservative MPs at Hy’s in Ottawa, a place frequented by politicians and media types. This item was picked up by the Chronicle Herald in the following terms:

“On Sept. 27, Carson took her out for drinks at Hy’s, an Ottawa martini bar, where she met Stelmach, Prentice, former human resources minster Monte Solberg and Geoff Norquay, former director of communications to Harper. ”

The Torstar has twisted this information to suggest there is an ongoing relationship between Carson and his girlfriend with the individuals in question.

“The couple bought a $389,500 home near Ottawa last December and were seen together on several occasions in the company of other high profile Conservatives, including former environment minister Jim Prentice and Alberta Premier Ed Stelmach.”

And they thought no one would notice. LOL

Richco says:
    but what’s very clear is that the PM has a few options – good ones.

He’s been very calm, & I hope its to say..checkmate!!

Thanks Ontario Girl

The point I am trying to make is that the opposition and media cheerleaders have been wildly of the mark in the week-end headlines. The speaker did not find the government in contempt, the house must consider the committee’s report and vote.
    This may seem like a small point, but I would appreciate some background analysis from the media.

Survey says:

“What impact have the recent rulings by the speaker of the House of Commons and the scandal involving former adviser Bruce Carson had on the reputation and re-election prospects of the Prime Minister Harper?”

“1. They have damaged the prime minister’s credibility and will reduce his chances in the next election
    18.0%

2. They have had no impact. As polls show, the prime minister is still trusted more than any other leader
    81.1%

3. Other
    0.88%”

This is an amusing post on “Searching for Liberty” on The Malicious Waffle Coalition my ancestors and other fabricated and anointed stuff. Psssst wanna election?

Author: Martin
    Comment:

If you read the live blog of Katy and barton, they have all the events of the committee meeting this morning. The Govt. want Milliken to look over the testamony of Bev Oda. They want to call him as a witness but the coalition don’t WANT anymore witnesses to be heard.It seems they will debate the findings and vote. BUT the Govt. can’t win a vote against the 3 other parties banded together.

You won’t get anything from the media. Our local paper won’t print any letters to the editor on this subject. The damage is done and the media aided it with the coalition.It s a done deal. They got what they wanted unless PM Harper has some way of stopping them.???

86. Clown Party says:

When it comes down to the facts, the “Conservative War Room” seem asleep at the wheel. Just going to Con Blogs give more information than what they put out. This and other blogs tell where most voters “are” than guessing what they should put out. Do they ever come to these blogs and get ideas? It seems not.

Just got home from wkend in Edmonton, and the comments to go thru, plus all the comments on new posts, and I have my day full.
    Funny what you find out when you go to these meetings. It is also interesting to find out who our board members know, or have contact with, or are personal friends with.
    One of our members knew a young man, who was an english student at the UofL, and had an interest in captioning for the deaf. He did it for a local group, they invited him to caption at at their meetings in Ottaws. That led to his being invited to caption at the UN, sporting events and other high profile places. He had been invited to take a job in Ottawa, and finally, after many years has accepted a job as head captionist at the Senate. As such he is privy to much info, and tells us that within a short while there will be an election. I believe him more than Evan, the media or other experts.
    The GG would not allow the coalition to form a govt, if requested.

88. Rob Harvie says:

CP.. while the Conservative effort to disseminate information may not be perfect, the conservative use of social media is, I think, miles ahead of the Liberals which accounts for so much of their abuse of BT’s.

Although, that being said, when I was a PC in Alberta (thankfully I’ve since recovered), I did recommend at an AGM that talking points be circulated to members for use on social media in particular.. which, as one might expect, fell on deaf ears.

Wouldn’t be a bad idea – just factual stuff that is germain to matters in issue to counter the typical distortions we see in media every day.

Joanne @ 5:23 I agree why cannot the Conservatives get someone to get out ahead on the things that get put up by the Coalition?
    They need someone with a passion for Canada and need to speak up!
    I think this whole “Contempt” kangaroo court is going to blow up in the Coalition’s faces, as for a non confidence motion, they bring down the best performing Government in G7/G20 over the funding being cut to a group that is clearly not worthy of Government support.
    I really, really want to hear them sell that sausage to the average taxpayer.
    Vote for us we will give your money away!
    Yup that has a real ring to it alright.

Author: Clown Party
    Comment:
    Do they ever come to these blogs and get ideas? It seems not.

Looks like the Prime Minister does most of it , between Libya and Japan. He’s been dealing with loons and CBC for years. He’ll fix their weasel a$$

Coming to a bookstore near you, March 30
    Why Liberal Ministers did not go to jail re: Adscam
    Lapierre just said on PP

ha!

Remember, the CPC is not allowed to do anything in the “pre-writ” between elections period, besides ads. And, the PMO cannot do anything even remotely seen as partisan.

That said, I can understand people wondering why the PMO doesn’t clarify and be out front of these issues. However, my gut feeling is that what is happening is actually deliberate. The Conservative gov’t and the PM do not want to sound defensive so they are letting the opposition look like the entitled and desperate partisans that they are. I mean, what could the PMO say that would make a difference?

So, instead, the PM stays on “their” messaging. It takes a great deal of control and conviction to do that too, as it did when Mike Harris took that approach. During the 1995 Ontario election, for example, Harris had a news conference every single day with a different policy announcement — completely ignoring the “noise” around him. It worked, with the ON Liberals basically defeating themselves. They went into the campaign with a 54% lead with the PCs at 33%. And, we all know how that turned out.

So, hang in there. Things will work out. We are doing our part.

Of course, at the end of the day, or a federal election campaign, it will be completely up to Canadians as to what happens.

Sammy says:
    March 21, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Where is CBC Cameramen filming this wonderful event?

94. Michael Harkov says:

“Coming to a bookstore near you, March 30
    Why Liberal Ministers did not go to jail re: Adscam
    Lapierre just said on PP”
    ==================
    PERFECT timing for an election! :D

Author: wilson
    Comment:
    Coming to a bookstore near you, March 30
    Why Liberal Ministers did not go to jail re: Adscam

Because Paul Martin had a clause that Gomery couldn’t investigate the Liberal thiefs. All those brown envelopes left at Chez Franks for Liberal Ministers. Oh my…and they want to hang Bev Oda over a NOT ?PLUS Elections Canada doesn’t investigate Liberals.

Good… the book will be out in time for a possible election. Will make good campaign reading. Might cut into Lawrence Martin’s smear Harper book.

I need to clarify what I said in my last comment. What I forgot to mention was that there is no CPC war room right now because it is still pre-writ. The Liberals and NDP are in the same situation. What they are doing instead is distorting parliamentary process for partisan ends. In my opinion, the Speaker should be doing something about that but I am not going to hold my breath.

If truth be told, once the Cons get a majority, they will control the committees, just as the Chretien gov’t did. In that, they are all the same. Politics is politics. It is a blood sport and right now, the opps are scrapping really hard. Yet, the Cons are still winning — given the polls.

But, never underestimate our PM, no matter how much we like him. He is a politician through and through, and can be just as “respectfully” ruthless as any other politician, otherwise it wouldn’t be the chess game it is.

And, that is why we are all so ticked off with the media. They are taking sides. Which means, the “game” is stacked against the Cons. But, think about it, it is us little guys who are making sure there is some balance.

Which makes me think of Hunter again — and my sincere appreciation how quickly she responded to my request this weekend. Well done!

Ian Davies just suggested a LibDip coalition governement.

98. NB Tory Gal says:

I got this liberal party email…

Friend —

The first 48 hours after the budget is presented in Parliament are vital.
    Following our budget response, Liberal Finance Critic Scott Brison will be at the heart of deliberations with Michael Ignatieff and our MPs over the Liberal Party’s next moves.

But you can be at the centre of the action on Wednesday, March 23, the day after the budget is announced.

That’s when Scott Brison will be holding an exclusive telephone town hall with Liberal donors from across the country.

(Click here to donate and automatically receive a call at 6:45pm EDT, March 23, placing you into the town hall.)

No question is off limits. The purpose of this call is to hear from our most dedicated supporters at a critical moment for the Liberal party.

With an election a real possibility, Scott wants to hear from you to make sure your opinion is represented in the Liberal caucus room.

Taking part is simple. Just make a donation of over $10 between now and midnight on March 22.

Then, shortly before the town hall begins at 6:45pm EDT, you’ll automatically receive a call at the phone number you provide when you donate. After you answer the phone, just follow the instructions to ask your question, or stay on the line and listen in.

This is an important moment for Liberals, and I want you to be a part of it. Join the call, and take your support to the next level.

Make a donation now to participate in this exclusive post-budget call with Scott Brison.

Thank you.

Adam J. Smith

National Director, National Liberal Fund
    Liberal Party of Canada

PS. Political donations entitle you to a tax credit of up to 75 per cent, meaning the after-tax net cost of a $100 donation could be as little as $25.

99. NB Tory Gal says:

Sandy …good advice…
    here
    So, hang in there. Things will work out. We are doing our part.

and in your explanation clarifications…

….I say everyone calm down and stop pounding the war drums…

I am off to rest…these past few days have worn me out…

MSM left-liberal Liberal bias.

Find >>> Liberal >>> in these MSM headlines.

Da proof is da proof and when ….*

“Fraudster Senator Lavigne resigns
    Toronto Sun – Mark Dunn – ‎14 minutes ago‎”

“Disgraced Senator Lavigne resigns after fraud conviction
    Toronto Star – Chris Wattie – ‎52 minutes ago‎”

“Convicted Senator Lavigne quits
    CBC.ca – ‎1 hour ago‎”

“Lavigne resigns from Senate after fraud conviction
    CTV.ca – ‎2 hours ago‎”

“Convicted fraudster Raymonde Lavigne resigns Senate seat
    Winnipeg Free Press – ‎1 hour ago‎”

“Disgraced former senator was convicted of fraud, breach of trust
    Macleans.ca (blog) – ‎1 hour ago‎”

“Related
    Raymond Lavigne
    Ontario Superior Court of Justice
    Robert Smith
    Jean Chrétien
    Fraud
    Parliament Hill
    Images
    CBC.ca
    CTV.ca
    Nanaimo Daily N…”

*Da proofer Liberal Ad$Cam Chretien appointed Liberal Lavigne to be a Liberal Senator.

Chretien appointed Lavigne to the Senate so as he could parachute Lisa Frulla into that seat,
    if I remember right

So how many Lib or Dipper MPs will agree to a coalition with the Bloc separatists?

That will be THE question,
    and then can we trust Liberals are not lying, again.

wilson says @ 5:59 pm

“Ian Davies just suggested a LibDip coalition governement.

Caught the end of P&P and saw that segment too. Funny how Davies tried to pull a fast one, saying that PMSH fears that an election will reduce him to the point where the Liberals and NDP will have enough seats combined to form a coalition gov’t.

Nice try, Ian. But your leader has already shown that regardless of the Libs and NDP’s combined seats, he will form a coalition anyway and do so with separatists… we have his signature, Ian.

Worse, he’s shown that when the combined numbers aren’t even close (77+37 = 114… Not even CLOSE to 143+1), he will STILL attempt a power grab. As Mulroney said to Turner: “You had a choice!” Iggy chose to endorse that coalition and he will never, NEVER IAN, get out from under that.

That’s right. Whereas Bob Rae wears his signature as a badge of honour.

Lapierre just said on PP”

I am starting to like this Jean lapierre…he doesn’t seem to be too hip on Mulcair or the coniving Liberals.He gives good tips. A guy on the ground in the know.

Tom Flanigan was EXCELLENT on that Carson smear by CBC et el.He was up against a Liberal, an NDP, a Quebec guy and CBC Liberal Evan. He did get a small chance to get into the WILD out of CONTROL speculation of the flailing idiots to set them straight. He told the crazed pus festering maggots that…
    1/ Carson has not been CHARGED
    2/ just because they have a women in this story means nothing
    3/ He is NOT in the Govt.
    4/No MONEY CHANGED HANDS
    5/ NO CONTRACTS HAVE BEEN SIGNED
    6/it is not illegal to talk to anyone
    7/he will wait till this plays out before having him “convicted in the media.”
    8/ there is traction here because of a 23 yr. old escort which has nothing to do with anything
    9/ the govt heard this story and the GOVT. called the RCMP to see if there is anything there and he will reserve judgement till there are FACTS out there, and not wild speculation.
    10/ the Govt. just go up in the polls
    Tom Flanigan was friends with Carson and was quite disgusted at the antics of the CBC and their guests hanging Carson out to dry and frying him on CBC with pure speculation and inuendo and trying desperately to tie this man to the Prime Minister.
    Then they talk about ETHICS of this Govt. Liberals talking ETHICS….lololol

Well good luck to Iffy, if all he plans on talking about in the election is faux scandals.
    With his mouth in gear long before his brain, Iffy could end up in some very deep trouble.

My thanks to Alberta Girl. I just put up the list prepared by Charles Adler so that people could lobby their television providers — otherwise without “demand,” I am not sure they are going to offer it.

ps…and Tom Flanigan also said this is another physcio scandal….this is more or less his words…the jest of it all and then CBC Evan Soloman CUT HIM OFF and tried to DROWN HIM OUT. Now he is onto the same story, saying Carson met with MP Peter Kent with a different panel trying to draw Monty Soloman into the smear story. Drawling Peggy Nash is there talking pattern, ethics and trying to say the Govt. has been found in contempt and the NDP are for jobs and shouldn’t hold their noses. Monty says the fix was in before this committee….Evan..” do these ethical question stick”? Nash is saying this is like the sponsorship scandal……lolololol
    I won’t say anything more…its sickening. My question is” the ethics question is CBC”
    Peggy Nash smells and the rest of CBC rats.

Joanne “Said the GG could very well choose a Coalition over another Conservative minority.”

Remember though the GG can’t really “choose” anything. He’s an advisor to the PM and would have to get the PM’s side in all of this also. All he can do is advise the PM – I think.
    I remember that being said when the PM prorogued parl.

I believe Sandy to be correct in the PM’s plan – for the moment it’s working for him.

This is such a crock. These donations towards your taxes mean NOTHING.It doesn’t add up to anything. Just big talk and nothing else to get donations.

Ontario Girl, faux scandal is all the Liberals have.
    That will take them to day 2 of an election campaign.
    PMSH is a veteran, he will not be thrown off his game,
    where as if past performance is any indication, Iffy will be stepping in it on a daily basis.

Canadians and MPs in Eastern Canada will have to decide if they want a coalition of losers government with Quebec cracking the whip and Ontario coming to heel.

Author: wilson
    Comment:

All of them. Its in the works, right before our eyes, and has been there for months.

112. paulsstuff says:

All these supposed scandals and yet the Conservatives maintain their lead in the polls. Why?

113. Moebius says:

It’s only the massive failure of previous Liberal governments that insulates the CPC from losing votes on integrity. I mean, how can you top the Sponsorship scandal?

This party promised me a higher standard of open-ness and ethical behaviour by MP’s and lobbyists, and I’m still not seeing it being implemented. Almost every so-called new scandal is caused by failure to communicate the reasons for doing something, things that are often easily defensible (like the Oda situation, and hiding costs from parliament). Luckily for the PM, the LPC would do no better on these issues, based on past history, and the left-ward movement on other issues may gain a few NDP votes, but lose all the Red Tory votes.

Author: wilson
    Comment:

He looked pretty pathetic and angy in question period. No questions on Libya or Japan. Just their latest Carson/gate BS….too pathetic really.

paulstuf “Any time government ethics are called most Canadians are subliminally reminded of Adscam, Shawinigate, free fishing trips to a private lodge, really way too much to list. Not so subliminally is that it all involved Liberals..”

Question to you Paul “were their any media reporter hanging around with them…if so which one.

BTW , we are paying for the liberals ‘attack’ ads; does EC know about this or shall we tell them that the media is running liberals campaign attack ads paid for by us.

116. Moebius says:

“Just do it.”

Because it’s a big waste of money to provide the same result? They may still do it (although I think the PM will give the NDP enough in the budget to gain support), but other than to get another CPC minority, have Ignatieff resign to make room for the next Liberal Party saviour, and then go through this again next year? Why?

Good question. Unless the outcome were a CPC majority.

Author: wilson
    Comment:
    PMSH is a veteran, he will not be thrown off his game,

The media are trying to spin, that the PM wants an election. We all know its the Coalition and its obvious. Iggy looks sooo crazed right now ,and in an election, voters will see through him into 2 minutes of any speech he does. Hope the debates are done only on Sun TV NEWS. Let the rest of them fight it out on CBC ,to get the privilage of meeting the PM on SUN.

Author: Moebius
    Comment:

Its difficult to beat the POWER of the MEDIA.This is one massive smear job. There is no money changing hands…no contracts…..this is CBC and all their Liberal flunkys digging into dirt and inventing scandals that are NOT THERE. Name ONE!!!There is ethical behaviour in this GOVT and the CBC and Liberal crooks and thiefs will not brain wash me….EVER.

MH March 21, 2011 at 10:43 am – No problem except that I usually keep new commenters in the filter for a while so some of your info was caught as well.

Best if everyone sticks to the same name when commenting. Thanks.

‘..This party promised me a higher standard of open-ness and ethical behaviour by MP’s and lobbyists, and I’m still not seeing it being implemented…’

Moebius
    No government can control what a private citizen does AFTER they leave federal employment, as is the case of Bruce Carson. The FAA makes it illegal to act like Liberals and within 24 hrs go from govt to lobbying.

Which MPs in this government have crossed ethical lines?
    Golf courses, free trips, bags of cash, slush funds… ?
    NONE, zip.
    You are getting caught up in the Liberal vortex of faux scandals

Wait for the Adscam book coming out the end of the month Moebuis,
    it will remind us all what REAL scandal looks like.

While driving in and out of Winnipeg for a doctor appt. For the first time ever I was allowed to comment on Charles Adler. Pat Martin is definitely a Bully.
    Now home waiting for the next march snowstorm in Manitoba.

122. Alberta Girl says:

Warren Kinsella on Adler today hinted that this was all “set up”…now you might think – YES Kinsella, until you understand that he then said -I paraphrase –

the Conservatives didn’t fight very hard because they want the government to fall so they can try to blame the Opposition when it is really the Harper Govt who want the election.

Yeah…nice try Kinsella!!!!

Jen comment

I guess that liberal Election Canada bunch just get involved when an actual election is going on. Meanwhile, CBC/CTV can run their ads along with NNW at the top of their page and PP and P&P.The little guys are up against rot here but those ads just make them look desperate. No one likes them or believes them. The polls tell us that.

124. Moebius says:

OG, read all of what I wrote. It’s not the media that decided to take a simple decision to “not” approve funding, and obfuscate on it for weeks. Own up to your political decisions. Why not, if they are correct, and I think this one was?

The fact that lobbyists still freely wander the hallways of parliament, explaining to companies how to game the system, truly sad. Once again, the CPC promised to do better. Let’s get rid of the lobbyist registry by getting rid of lobbying completely.

Joanne, with the LPC choosing such an apparently weak leader, it should be like shooting fish in a barrel. But it’s not, is it?, and most of it is self-inflicted.

125. Moebius says:

“The FAA makes it illegal to act like Liberals and within 24 hrs go from govt to lobbying.”

Wow, you have to wait a while before you lobby the government, after you leave. Ban it completely.

Author: Moebius
    Comment:
    but other than to get another CPC minority,

Canadians will give the Prime Minister a majority “to put a stop this nonsence.” These scandal/gates are getting stale. Time to move forward, not backwards with a coalition of tax and spend losers.

”…The fact that lobbyists still freely wander the hallways of parliament, explaining to companies how to game the system, truly sad…”

That’s what happens when a minority govt tables tough legislation and the coalition opposition waters it down.
    Liberals do NOT want tough lobbyist legislation, it would destroy an entire industry that they have so masterfully constructed over the decades.

128. NB Tory Gal says:

Sandy it is a globe and mail poll isn’t it…that’s all I have to know…

Should the Conservative government be found in contempt of Parliament?
    77%
    9635 votes

21%
    2578 votes

223 votes
    Undecided

————> pffft <———————

“Moebius says:
    March 21, 2011 at 7:20 pm

“I mean, how can you top the Sponsorship scandal?”

Here:

These are not wedge issues.

Iggy’s Liberal Party: a criminal organization.

H/T Judge Gomery, Ad$Cam Inquiry.

The internet has a universe of memory.

“The Shawinigate affair – a timeline – Posted – National Post ***
    [np-related] 1988 – Jean Chrétien and business partners purchase the Grand-Mère Golf Club and adjacent Auberge Grand-Mère April, 1993 – Mr. Chrétien and partners sell …”

“The Perfect Trap | FAIR
    It was clear to Chretien that the end result of the Project Sidewinder investigation — should it continue — would lead inevitably to an investigation of him, his …”

“Tainted blood scandal **
    In Depth Tainted Blood Tainted blood scandal Last Updated July 25, 2006 CBC News … Ontario Premier Mike Harris wrote in a letter to Prime Minister Jean Chrétien.”

130. Alberta Girl says:

Moebius.. .”It’s not the media that decided to take a simple decision to “not” approve funding, and obfuscate on it for weeks. Own up to your political decisions. Why not, if they are correct, and I think this one was?”

See you are wrong when you say it wasn’t the media who decided to obfuscate for weeks….yes it was!! Along with the opposition. She tried many times to explain – every time she was shouted down, drowned out, or not allowed to answer. Did you read Sandy’s excellent post about why she was targetted….perhaps you should…it might open your obviously closed mind.

Here is the link to make it easy for you.

131. Moebius says:

“These are not wedge issues.”

You are preaching to the converted on this issue. The Libs like to minimize the impact, but it still affects my opinion of the party strongly.

132. Moebius says:

“it might open your obviously closed mind.”

Interesting comment from someone continuing to miss my point.

‘MP chooses not the fund something, say’s firmly I choose not to fund it for reason x, and end of story.’

So is ‘that’ the crime Moebius,
    a Minister did not defend her position loud and clear?
    Or that an ex-employee tried to skirt the rules?
    Harper pocketed the wafer?

This government has been doing battle for 5 years with a united 3 party opposition, a liberal luvin media, hundreds of liberal special interest groups and bureaucrats with brown envelopes and ex-diplomats, ex-bureacrats and every federal money sucking partisan organization known.

The coalition of losers have poisoned the well,
    they want an election to either dump Iffy or gain enough seats they can take their clown show to the GG.

I would like to see Iffy have to sit in opposition for another year while PMSH gets things done.
    But the choice is the coalition of losers to make.

Another vacant Senate seat, now that convicted criminal Liberal Senator Lavigne has resigned (to take his pension)

Moebius: One more time…

Minister Oda says she doesn’t know ‘who’ wrote in the not.Seems pretty reasonable since she wasn’t in the office the day it was done.( This is a memo from 2009 that has just surfaced )
    Polls showing PMSH is in majority territory and the NOT memo was reborn.

So Minister Oda clarifies, at the parliament committee and
    she tells us why the anon person wrote in the not,(by electronic pen)
    it was her decision at her direction.(she wasn’t there)

See, Committee couldn’t grasp that
    ‘it reflected the position of the government and the minister’, and meant she ordered the rejection, which is her right.Get it? The Minister doesn’t take orders from CITA, Kairos, or the coalition.
    Now it seems, according to the media and opposition parties, that we have a “forgery” without an apparent intended victim. CIDA President Margaret Biggs, who had signed the memo, told the committee that there was no issue—that, in effect, the “NOT” was just an annotation and that it is ordinary practice for a minister to mark a memo in that way, or to ask for it to be done: Examples were presented to CBC P&P where it was previous practice by her and others.This wasn’t a document but an internal memo that Ned Franks said shouldn’t of been released to media. This was Margaret Biggs testemony once again:

“Yes, I think as the minister said, the agency did recommend the project to the minister. She has indicated that. But it was her decision, to not accept the department’s advice.

This is quite normal, and I certainly was aware of her decision. The inclusion of the word “not” is just a simple reflection of what her decision was, and she has been clear. So that’s quite normal.

I think we have changed the format for these memos so the minister has a much clearer place to put where she doesn’t want to accept the advice, which is her perogative.”

Margaret Biggs says there’s no “forgery” case so how can anyone construct one without either her or the other signatory, Naresh Singh?

A CIDA official called KAIROS
    Nov 30, 2009, and said,” sorry, your project does not meet CIDA’s priorities.”

When Minister Oda said the same thing 2 months earlier,
    she’s called a liar.

The scandal:
    Of the hundreds of memo’s that cross Minister Oda’s desk every week,
    ‘Who’ didn’t initial the NOT?

The real scandal should be, why all the pile on attacks and character assassination against Conservative women in Govt.? Bev Oda treated like she was in this committee by the coalition was where Canadians had no confidence in the coalition. They actually wanted the testamony omitted from their 2 page draft motion. WHY? So the truth of the NOT didn’t get out because it doesn’t hold water and they know it.This is a trumped up nothing thing esculated by the help of dispicable media and you know it. Anyone who defends that type of thing belongs in the pig sty with the rest of the piglets.

Could you imagine what a government would look like if a PM fired a minister every time the opposition trumped up some scandal or other, accusing a minister of over ruling the bureaucracy? We might as well shut down parliament and let it be run by our oh so worthy bureaucrats.

What’s really interesting in this 24-hour news cycle is, we get a lot of stories and spilled ink, but not much else. Nothing more then a massive smear job by CBC fighting for their jobs and over a billion dollars to campaign for the Liberal party.

I congradulate the minister in saving taxpayers $7 million dollars .The Liberals can take that to the bank in their brown envelops. I take no lessons from Liberanos and prime Minister Stephen Harper is the most honest Pm we have had in a decade.

136. Valencia says:

Well, if anyone here remembers a real civil servant scandal and real lobbying corruption look at this report:
    and

This was the ASSISTANT DEPUTY MINISTER of a branch of Health Canada (just below Margaret Biggs in CIDA) who was being bought with cruises and cars by a native treatment centre. The funding came from Health Canada itself. Money changed hands, contracts were funneled to this centre.

Talk about lobbying within the government itself. How much did the Health Minister of the time (??Anne McLellan but not sure) know???

I worked for this branch for a short time after the ADM Cochrane was fired. Soon after of course, the Conservatives won the 2006 election but I had left shortly before for another department.

Most civil servants are loyal to the government in power as they are sworn to be loyal to the Queen or crown, not to a specific government per SE. This is not IMHO the problem. The real issue is the liberal mind set, inculculated in our universities and in our federal and provincial bureaucracies. This is much harder to correct. All I heard was “must be fair”, “must be equal”, no “advantage” to one group over another. More rules required, more regulation needed….total control needed or else, it was explained to me, the situation would not be fair. Then where would we be?

Eventually I could not convince senior staff with my arguments regarding their totalitarian mindset although middle management and regular workers would be open enough to see and sometimes agree with my arguments. I got very frustrated and left. I am in a small group of civil servants who actually make more, sometimes much more in the private sector than in government (including benefits, pensions, etc).

137. Alberta Girl says:

Ontario Girl…THAT was a great comment and an excellent analysis of this whole mess. I may be borrowing it if you don’t mind?

I hope Mobius and other B.T’s who have joined the tarring and feathering of Bev Oda because they chose to NOT wait for the whole story to come out might read your excellent comment and possible see that they were wrong.

Author: Alberta Girl
    Comment:
    I may be borrowing it if you don’t mind?

No problem…I left out the other part of what Ned Franks said last night on Goldhawk . It was getting to be a mini book. You can tweek it here and there…I was cooking and typing at the same time…lol
    Liberals better not mess with me.

Hey everybody — Good news! David Akin just announced on Twitter that he has subscribed to SunTV News via a SunNews channel on YouTube. I plan to do just that.

Sandy – Thanks for that SunNews channel tip. I also have it listed as a fav on my sidebar.

One of the comments at the Sun site is disturbing (just under subscribers):

Chesed1 (7 hours ago)
      My cable provider, Cogeco, in the Niagara Region, informs me that Sun News will only be available in HD. You not only need a converter but in my case, a new TV set. But hey, I can get al Jezeera! There is something very wrong with this picture. If there is any way to pressure Cogeco, I want to hear it. My only alternative is to cancel all my Cogeco services but I happen to like cable TV, cable Internet and their phone service.

I wonder if letters to the CRTC would do any good?

PET Cemetery Replies.

Sclew youse. We’re entitled to our entitlements.

We stashed Ad$Cam & so sclew youse.

IOW, kiss our grits.

Signed, Iggy & Moi.

“If they get more breathing room, the Liberals should consider repairing some of the damage they’ve done to their own reputations with something that’s long overdue: a public apology for the stink that still emanates from the Chretien years.

If they don’t, they may have to wait for a generation of Canadians to die off for the memory to fade.”

“Vander Doelen: Bad news for Grits”

You want left-liberal Liberal arrogance of Liberal Iggy’s sclew-youse buddies/paypals?

Read this:

>>> “”Only a judge should have the right to demand the disclosure of information that relates to our creative activities or is journalistic or program related,” CBC president Hubert Lacroix told a Commons committee.”

“CBC honcho grilled over dismal access to information record”

OTTAWA – CBC’s top executive was grilled by MPs Monday over his organization’s dismal record and failing grade for handling of access to information requests.

Two weeks ago the state broadcaster was handed an F in a special report on the access system by federal information commissioner Suzanne Legault. CBC is also in the middle of appealing a federal court ruling which ordered the broadcaster to grant Legault access to internal documents to ensure they are following the law correctly.

“Only a judge should have the right to demand the disclosure of information that relates to our creative activities or is journalistic or program related,” CBC president Hubert Lacroix told a Commons committee.

Lacroix said that if members of the public don’t like being refused material they have the option of going to court. CBC maintains that the current court fight with the information commissioner is about protecting journalistic sources but Legault sees it another way.

“It is about the right of independent review by my office, of these records to determine whether the institution has applied the exclusion appropriately,” said Legault.

Lacroix blamed much of the CBC’s woes with the access system on Quebecor Media, owner of QMI Agency and Sun Media. Quebecor has filed hundreds of access requests seeking information about CBC, many of the replies returning with much of the relevant information stripped out or simply refused outright.”

H/T By Brian Lilley Parliamentary Bureau

BLY Told You.

“Why is Iggy trying to revise history?”

“Same thing for Ignatieff ‘s family. Ignatieff’s great-grandfather, Nicholas, was personally responsible for some of the most brutal laws inflicted by the Russian czars.

He drafted Russia’s May Laws one history book described as “forbidding Jews to move into the countryside, to acquire land, or to open their shops on Sundays.”

“When the Jewish leaders asked why they were not entitled to the same protection by the police as other Russian subjects, Ignatieff replied they were not like other Russian subjects … Jewish shops were smashed and burned … Delegations of Jewish leaders came to see Ignatieff at the Ministry of the Interior. They told him they were in bondage as under Pharaoh. ‘So when is your Exodus, and where is your Moses,’ he is supposed to have said in reply.”

That history book was written by Michael Ignatieff. Ignatieff is not responsible for the anti-Semitism of his greatgrandfather or the tyranny of czars. He’s his own man.

It’s just strange he would throwhis family’s history down the memory hole to win a few votes. And it’s stranger still that, having chosen to use his family as a campaign theme, he is surprised and outraged his opponents would correct the record.”

Good morning all, contacted Shaw Cable twice once on their interaction page, once by phone.
    Both times the person I spoke with professed ignorance of SUN TV, but said they would provide the channel if there was enough response.
    Funny how they would provide something they said they had never heard of?
    If it is only in HD I’m ok my old set died just about the time I retired 2 years ago.
    Lasted 17 years so I blew the budget on a flat screen.
    Any way if I have to go to the net for SUN TV I will.
    It will be one more reason to cut the cable.
    I only like the history channel and as you might guess the cooking one.
    Saw “The Kings Speech” last night very well done, really liked it. Quiet emotional really and I ain’t the type to shed a tear over a sunset.
    Well I kinda blew my cover a little on this one.
    My family was there during those times.
    They stood tall and never would have lived under a tryant.

144. Moebius says:

“So is ‘that’ the crime Moebius,
    a Minister did not defend her position loud and clear?”

I know you’re argument is in trouble when you put words in my mouth.

Today’s Heads-up

It’s Wednesday so it’s Steve Madely and Brian Lilley at 08:10 eastern at http://www.cfra.com

Helena Guerges says….“I’m not perfect and it’s not about me,” she said,

Good riddence is right. Once someone runs to the CBC & that Mansbridge they are finished in my book.

CPAC is running that call in show they had on yesterday. I can’t look at Scott Brison so early in the morning. If I hear the guy say SURPLUS of the Liberal party, one more time, I think I will throw a shoe at the TV. Those NDP women are hard to take. They sit there all high and mighty and talk about all the things they VOTED AGAINST, and their uninformed group still follow them blind as bats.
    Those call in shows can give their thoughts on the subject, but should be cut off when they start to get personal about the PM, in my opinion.

Sorry Joanne but today’s regularly scheduled Lilley pre-empted due to the budget doings. My Madely Morning Minute newsletter late in arriving and I just got back to the live broadcast to catch the change.

Cancel my previous revision. He will be on the program shortly. Going to be quite a day I can see.

WOW..that Layton must think people are stupid. He’s on CBC saying he hoped the Govt. would change the budget for him.Then he ran down the Prime Minister for 5 minutes.He said the PM doesn’t want to work with opposition. WHAT?The coalition are the ones who all said they don’t support the budget….This is where we are because the coalition care about themselves period and thats it. Layton said he was running for Prime Minister in the last election.

Our daily paper today just PRAISES the budget and arn’t happy with NDP Layton.

Our daily paper today just PRAISES the budget and arn’t happy with NDP Layton.

If anyone finds media links supporting the Government and the budget, please feel free to post them here. Thanks.

Charlie Angus and hes going down on the gun registry hopefully.

o/t Elizabeth Taylor passed away this morning at 79 years old.

Too bad our paper had to print this in it. David Akin is always smearing the Govt. and hes got a show on Sun TV?

Ruby Dhalla seeks court to gag Nanny with a $5000 payment to silence her talking about her experience with the family….Nanny says NO.